Moto making Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Although previous Nexus phones were also around 4", I think the N4 was in fact named after the screen size, because that's when Google started their Nexus naming standard (with the N7 and N10).

Posted via Android Central App

im pretty sure the new nexus will be at least 5".

Orion78

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Phablets are pointless. Make up your mind be a phone or be a tablet, it's the teenager of cell phones.

Sent from my HTC One

How are phablets pointless? There are people that love big screens. It's called choice. Don't like it....don't buy it. The world doesn't cater to you. Sorry but that's reality. What an ignorant statement. Teenager of cell phones? lol Seems to me that a teenager typed this.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
i really wanted asus to make the nexus 5. id love a phone like the design of the new nexus 7. but i will buy the moto version depending on the specs.

I was just thinking this the other day. I love the look and feel of the new Nexus 7. The soft touch back feels solid. If they shrunk it down to phone size, I think it would look and feel great.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I think the reference is to the Moto X's X8 CPU architecture, which has 2 cores dedicated to apps, 4 cores dedicated to graphics, and 2 low-power cores for always-on voice detection.

glad I asked cause i def wouldn't have figured that out, thx BD!

S4 via Android Central App

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
How are phablets pointless? There are people that love big screens. It's called choice. Don't like it....don't buy it. The world doesn't cater to you. Sorry but that's reality. What an ignorant statement. Teenager of cell phones? lol Seems to me that a teenager typed this.

I didn't buy it cause I don't like it. Just stating my opinion. I never told anyone else not to buy it. And it was said jokingly, calm down buddy.

Sent from my HTC One

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I didn't buy it cause I don't like it. Just stating my opinion. I never told anyone else not to buy it. And it was said jokingly, calm down buddy.

Sent from my HTC One

I thought the same thing, dude kinda jumped down your throat just for stating your opinion, lol

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
what kinda things could you guys live without?

I can do without the fancy glass back, I'd prefer 32 but I'd prob still go 16 if that's the only option since I'm on the cloud and used to it by now. Also LTE is nice but I can do without it. And to me 720 is perfect. I'm not a fan of AMOLED, kinda looks cartoonish to me. I'd prefer 5 inch display on the same size device but if I'm naming things I can do without, I can live with 4.7 again.

What I can't and don't live without is better battery life and a better camera. My work phone is an s4 and despite its short comings the camera is awesome. I use Snapseed for editing and I think it's a really nice combo.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
His guess is as good as mine, since we don't have official reasoning from Google, we'll never know. I'll bet my hat the new one isn't named 4 though. Everyone meet back here when its announced!

Also, we've totally lost the topic.

Thoughts moto making it? Since I'm on VZW, I doubt I'll be seeing a Nexus anytime soon. But Itd be great if Moto did IMO. Top notch radios and battery life, and now, optimized processing, could be the best Nexus yet.

We do have official reasoning from google. They're called the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. The next Nexus will be the Nexus 4 (2013 model).

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Google real big chance to change Nexus line with Moto and Google Play Edition devices.

Google Nexus phone seem to be closely based on the OEM partners latest device. GPE takes the OEM partners latest device and adds stock android. Why does Google have to continue build there next devices off latest device their OEM partners have available?

I say if they want X OEM phone to be a the next nexus then Google should just make a GPE version. Google would then have freedom to build something completely orginal for the Nexus line and they can start with Motorola since they have power to do so.

Now see why they make nexus device on pre existing devices because fact of coming out with nexus device within a year is tough deadline. Then they switch to different oems to make a nexus which makes the deadline even harder. I hopefully they could some how have solution to rd time if they decide make nexus devices from scratch.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. If you don't care for the thread or a post, feel free to move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, notify the moderator team by hitting the report button.

Bickering and insults will not be tolerated. Thread has been cleaned up.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.