Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 151
Like Tree53Likes
  1. #51  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by smooth3006 View Post
    im pretty sure the new nexus will be at least 5".
    Weird, because I'm pretty sure the next Nexus will be smaller than 5".

    Quote Originally Posted by DS1331 View Post
    Phablets are pointless. Make up your mind be a phone or be a tablet, it's the teenager of cell phones.

    Sent from my HTC One
    What is this even pertaining to?
    Darth Spock likes this.
  2. #52  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    His guess is as good as mine, since we don't have official reasoning from Google, we'll never know. I'll bet my hat the new one isn't named 4 though. Everyone meet back here when its announced!

    Also, we've totally lost the topic.

    Thoughts moto making it? Since I'm on VZW, I doubt I'll be seeing a Nexus anytime soon. But Itd be great if Moto did IMO. Top notch radios and battery life, and now, optimized processing, could be the best Nexus yet.
    We do have official reasoning from google. They're called the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. The next Nexus will be the Nexus 4 (2013 model).
    Thanked by:
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Weird, because I'm pretty sure the next Nexus will be smaller than 5".



    What is this even pertaining to?
    I don't even remember at this point? Maybe someone said they wanted a nexus phablet

    Sent from my HTC One
  4. #54  
    bunique4life05's Avatar

    Posts
    1,558 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Google real big chance to change Nexus line with Moto and Google Play Edition devices.

    Google Nexus phone seem to be closely based on the OEM partners latest device. GPE takes the OEM partners latest device and adds stock android. Why does Google have to continue build there next devices off latest device their OEM partners have available?

    I say if they want X OEM phone to be a the next nexus then Google should just make a GPE version. Google would then have freedom to build something completely orginal for the Nexus line and they can start with Motorola since they have power to do so.

    Now see why they make nexus device on pre existing devices because fact of coming out with nexus device within a year is tough deadline. Then they switch to different oems to make a nexus which makes the deadline even harder. I hopefully they could some how have solution to rd time if they decide make nexus devices from scratch.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 08-12-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  5. #55  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Weird, because I'm pretty sure the next Nexus will be smaller than 5".

    Weird, because no one really knows what size the next Nexus would be.
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion78 View Post
    Weird, because no one really knows what size the next Nexus would be.
    Given that Google finds 5" phones distasteful, it is a safe bet it won't be 5" or bigger.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #57  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion78 View Post
    Weird, because no one really knows what size the next Nexus would be.
    Weird, because that was the point I was making.
  8. #58  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,458 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,762 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Keep the discussion civil and on-topic. If you don't care for the thread or a post, feel free to move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, notify the moderator team by hitting the report button.

    Bickering and insults will not be tolerated. Thread has been cleaned up.

    Sent from my Galaxy S4
    Thanked by:
    DS1331 likes this.
  9. #59  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Given that Google finds 5" phones distasteful, it is a safe bet it won't be 5" or bigger.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    What do you mean? Where have you heard this?
  10. #60  
    JasW's Avatar

    Posts
    663 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,932 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    You think we'd see a Nexus 5, then 6, and then Google would switch to adding letters?
    Nexus 6 starts up the confusion with Blade Runner. Am I buying a phone, or Roy Batty?
    Galaxy Note II stock 4.3
    Nexus 10 stock 4.4.2
    Galaxy Gear MK7
    Oster 4093 blender (rooted, Cuervo Gold ROM)
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    We do have official reasoning from google. They're called the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10. The next Nexus will be the Nexus 4 (2013 model).
    Link?
  12. #62  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5


    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

    TheLibertarian likes this.
  13. #63  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    Sorry, I meant to bold the "Next NExus will be the Nexus 4 (2013 model)"

    The tablet sizing being the same model used for the phones is still your speculation, which I disagree with, unless you have a link which directly states otherwise.
  14. #64  
    metle_geek's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    829 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Google real big chance to change Nexus line with Moto and Google Play Edition devices.

    Google Nexus phone seem to be closely based on the OEM partners latest device. GPE takes the OEM partners latest device and adds stock android. Why does Google have to continue build there next devices off latest device their OEM partners have available?

    I say if they want X OEM phone to be a the next nexus then Google should just make a GPE version. Google would then have freedom to build something completely orginal for the Nexus line and they can start with Motorola since they have power to do so.

    Now see why they make nexus device on pre existing devices because fact of coming out with nexus device within a year is tough deadline. Then they switch to different oems to make a nexus which makes the deadline even harder. I hopefully they could some how have solution to rd time if they decide make nexus devices from scratch.

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
    A compelling argument but your forgetting one thing we root our devices and if we have said oems google play edition (gpe) we eventually get the stock builds with the custom kernels for that hardware and flash it why pay full 6-700 dollars when we can get a subsidised phone on our carriers and root then flash it if they want to disrupt this idea they would have to make another hardware variant so we can't flash the stock builds which would just **** us all off

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    Sorry, I meant to bold the "Next NExus will be the Nexus 4 (2013 model)"

    The tablet sizing being the same model used for the phones is still your speculation, which I disagree with, unless you have a link which directly states otherwise.
    Would it not be logical to speculate based off Google's history?

    The most logical guess here would be that the upcoming Nexus smartphone follows the same naming system as the rest of Google's current product portfolio.

    Speculating otherwise would be illogical, and there is no evidence to make that speculation.
  16. #66  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    Would it not be logical to speculate based off Google's history?

    The most logical guess here would be that the upcoming Nexus smartphone follows the same naming system as the rest of Google's current product portfolio.

    Speculating otherwise would be illogical, and there is no evidence to make that speculation.
    Besides the 3 previous phones that don't follow that theory at all.

    Pointless to keep going back and forth at this point though.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by bp3dots View Post
    Besides the 3 previous phones that don't follow that theory at all.

    Pointless to keep going back and forth at this point though.
    The three previous phones only reinforce that it will be called the Nexus 4 and not Nexus 5. Google clearly moved away from any sort of sequential naming scheme with the most recent generation, and the new Nexus 7 also supports that Google will be sticking with their current names for future handsets.
    Thanked by:
    TheLibertarian likes this.
  18. #68  
    metle_geek's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    829 Posts
    Global Posts
    831 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    The three previous phones only reinforce that it will be called the Nexus 4 and not Nexus 5. Google clearly moved away from any sort of sequential naming scheme with the most recent generation, and the new Nexus 7 also supports that Google will be sticking with their current names for future handsets.
    Kind of like apple with the i pad and ip4 ip 4s blah blah blah

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #69  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by gothicasshole View Post
    Kind of like apple with the i pad and ip4 ip 4s blah blah blah

    Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app
    Apple is actually moving to the same model. The most recent iPad was just the new iPad with retina display, which replaced the iPad with retina display, which replaced the iPad 2.

    Once you start getting into the higher numbers, the sequential scheme just doesn't make any sense.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #70  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,197 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Basically, this will all come down to the screen size of the next Nexus phone. If they go giant, it'll probably be called Nexus 5 (or 6). If they're reasonable, it'll be called Nexus 4.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Basically, this will all come down to the screen size of the next Nexus phone. If they go giant, it'll probably be called Nexus 5 (or 6). If they're reasonable, it'll be called Nexus 4.
    This seems the most logical. Kind of like BMW models 1,3,5,7 roughly relate to size but then they'll throw in a few miscellaneous ones like a BMW M, Z or 6 series that aren't related to size. Kind of like what Google did with the Nexus Q. Fun to speculate like Android desert names, we'll only know when it's announced.
  22. #72  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,197 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    This seems the most logical. Kind of like BMW models 1,3,5,7 roughly relate to size but then they'll throw in a few miscellaneous ones like a BMW M, Z or 6 series that aren't related to size. Kind of like what Google did with the Nexus Q. Fun to speculate like Android desert names, we'll only know when it's announced.
    I like to think the Q was named because of the shape - the sphere is the O and it's base is the \. That's just me though. lol.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

    Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  23. #73  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by dss2000 View Post
    This seems the most logical. Kind of like BMW models 1,3,5,7 roughly relate to size but then they'll throw in a few miscellaneous ones like a BMW M, Z or 6 series that aren't related to size. Kind of like what Google did with the Nexus Q. Fun to speculate like Android desert names, we'll only know when it's announced.
    All BMW's model names do correspond to size. The 6 is based off the 5, but is certainly not a 7, therefore is was assigned 6. Same goes for the 4 (being a stretched 3 but smaller than a 5). "M" merely designates the high end performance model, i.e. M3, M5, etc. "Z" models are BMW's roadster variants (Z3, Z4).

    BMW is quite strict with their naming structures, but then they would be because German lol.
    lets_go_android likes this.
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by TheLibertarian View Post
    All BMW's model names do correspond to size. The 6 is based off the 5, but is certainly not a 7, therefore is was assigned 6. Same goes for the 4 (being a stretched 3 but smaller than a 5). "M" merely designates the high end performance model, i.e. M3, M5, etc. "Z" models are BMW's roadster variants (Z3, Z4).

    BMW is quite strict with their naming structures, but then they would be because German lol.
    Yes, I guess you're right. I always thought the 6 was a little smaller than the 5 because I usually see 2 door 6's around whereas 5's are usually 4 door sedans and they look a little smaller.

    But yes perhaps Google is going to follow the BMW model of naming phones instead of just each year increasing the number of subsequent generations.
  25. #75  
    return_0's Avatar

    Posts
    2,525 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

    Default Re: Moto making Nexus 5

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    The three previous phones only reinforce that it will be called the Nexus 4 and not Nexus 5. Google clearly moved away from any sort of sequential naming scheme with the most recent generation, and the new Nexus 7 also supports that Google will be sticking with their current names for future handsets.
    And how exactly do you know Google won't follow Apple's path, keeping the same name for new generations of tablets (The new iPad, in Google's case the new Nexus 7) and adding new numbers for new generations of tablets (iPhone 5, in Google's case the Nexus 5)?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Can we expect the new Nexus phone to be priced like the N4?
    By AMTrombley0924 in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-13-2013, 06:56 PM
  2. Received my nexus 7 today. Some questions.
    By RavenSword in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 10:54 AM
  3. help with nexus 7
    By Mike Cardin in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-10-2013, 09:15 PM

Posting Permissions

B