Moto making Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Nexus 4 has a 4.7" screen, maybe that is where the 4 comes from, they round down. Maybe there will be a Phablet Nexus 5 with a 5.7" screen.

The Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus also fell in the 4 inch range screen wise. The 4 is the 4th one, which makes a lot more sense as a naming option than a rounded down screen size IMO.

Guess we'll have to wait and see which way they go.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Although previous Nexus phones were also around 4", I think the N4 was in fact named after the screen size, because that's when Google started their Nexus naming standard (with the N7 and N10).

Posted via Android Central App

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
4 doesn't after this phone is replaced. It would make more sense to always add a manufacturer tag ie G, Galaxy, X, Xperia.. etc. to the phones than to keep a no longer decsriptive number for future generations.

See below.

Although previous Nexus phones were also around 4", I think the N4 was in fact named after the screen size, because that's when Google started their Nexus naming standard (with the N7 and N10).

This.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

See below.

This.

His guess is as good as mine, since we don't have official reasoning from Google, we'll never know. I'll bet my hat the new one isn't named 4 though. Everyone meet back here when its announced!

Also, we've totally lost the topic.

Thoughts moto making it? Since I'm on VZW, I doubt I'll be seeing a Nexus anytime soon. But Itd be great if Moto did IMO. Top notch radios and battery life, and now, optimized processing, could be the best Nexus yet.

nemov

Mar 7, 2010
Visit site
They should call it the Nexus Prime. That was the rumored name for the Galaxy Nexus for so long. Bring it back. haha

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
His guess is as good as mine, since we don't have official reasoning from Google, we'll never know. I'll bet my hat the new one isn't named 4 though. Everyone meet back here when its announced!

Also, we've totally lost the topic.

Thoughts moto making it? Since I'm on VZW, I doubt I'll be seeing a Nexus anytime soon. But Itd be great if Moto did IMO. Top notch radios and battery life, and now, optimized processing, could be the best Nexus yet.

What do you mean when you say optimized processing?

Probably not the most intelligent question but I'm just starting to familiarize myself with phones/Android and I haven't heard that term used before.

S4 via Android Central App

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
All I want is for Moto to make the next Nexus and give it the exact same specs as the Moto X...just so I can watch the interwebs explode

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Phablets are pointless. Make up your mind be a phone or be a tablet, it's the teenager of cell phones.

Sent from my HTC One

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I think the reference is to the Moto X's X8 CPU architecture, which has 2 cores dedicated to apps, 4 cores dedicated to graphics, and 2 low-power cores for always-on voice detection.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
What are all your guesses on to when we hear actual info and an announcement of the phone?

Also when do you think it will be released?

I was going to buy the LG G2 but no point if a Nexus is coming. I will continue to wait and sit on my upgrade.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What are all your guesses on to when we hear actual info and an announcement of the phone?

Also when do you think it will be released?

I was going to buy the LG G2 but no point if a Nexus is coming. I will continue to wait and sit on my upgrade.

End of October or Early November is when they're usually announced, release is late November or early December.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
All I want is for Moto to make the next Nexus and give it the exact same specs as the Moto X...just so I can watch the interwebs explode

jib.jpg

metle_geek

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Lmfao get them jerry :) crush him like ffdp (five finger death punch) and chimaira crushes the crowds ear drums with awesomeness !!!

Sent from my HTC One X+ using AC Forums mobile app

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site

Probably not the most intelligent question but I'm just starting to familiarize myself with phones/Android and I haven't heard that term used before.

S4 via Android Central App

I think the reference is to the Moto X's X8 CPU architecture, which has 2 cores dedicated to apps, 4 cores dedicated to graphics, and 2 low-power cores for always-on voice detection.

Diddy nailed it. Research the X8 chip for more detail on what I meant.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
i really wanted asus to make the nexus 5. id love a phone like the design of the new nexus 7. but i will buy the moto version depending on the specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.