Moto making Nexus 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
After all, The N7 successor kept its predecessor's name only because of its screen size; if it had, say, and 8" screen, it would have been called the Nexus 8.

Why do we know this? It might make sense, I'm just not clear if it's coincidence or intentional. To me, at this point they could name it literally anything ;)

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
There's no reason to assume it won't, while the nexus 7 provides evidence that it will.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

If anything the Nexus 7 is evidence that the tablets will stay consistent with screen size being the determining factor for the name. Based on that "evidence" and the FCC filings, we would expect the new phone to be the N5, based on its screen size, as it falls into the 5" class.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Why is everybody getting hung up on a name and Manufacture. Google is about to make their 8th Nexus. These arguments are beyond old. Your arguing over rumors and what Google has done in the past. What Google has done in past does not solidify what they will do in future.

Cause we are getting key lime pie 5.0 on Nexus 4/5 (2013).

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Lance Miller3

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
That may be so but after owning an LG "G2X" & suffering through its numerous issues I too had a hard time buying the N4 & adding to LG's revenue stream, but after it went on sale for $249 (16gb unlocked) I found myself buying one.

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why is everybody getting hung up on a name and Manufacture. Google is about to make their 8th Nexus. These arguments are beyond old. Your arguing over rumors and what Google has done in the past. What Google has done in past does not solidify what they will do in future.

What? Google already officially announced that the next version will be 4.4 and will be called "KitKat".

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
As for companies who I expect could easily make a better Nexus than LG, Motorola, Sony, and HTC all spring to mind.

All of the manufacturers are doing pretty well now, but have made horrible devices in the past. Try explaining to a Thunderbolt owner why HTC is so much better than LG.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

WOW

"What Google has done in past does not solidify what they will do in future.

Cause we are getting key lime pie 5.0 on Nexus 4/5 (2013)."

It was a joke and only Nothingistrue got it....lol...yes please read again.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
All of the manufacturers are doing pretty well now, but have made horrible devices in the past. Try explaining to a Thunderbolt owner why HTC is so much better than LG.

Everyone always brings up the thunderbolt when talking about HTC like Samsung and LG have always made the greatest and best cell phones every single time they come out with new phones. No.

Sent from my HTC One

festinator

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Google is going to troll everyone and call it the nexus 19. You heard it hear first folks.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Lol he was talking about the name of the next nexus bro not the name of the next OS lol read

Sent from my HTC One

Please read the entire post before commenting on it. The OS version was clearly mentioned.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
WOW

"What Google has done in past does not solidify what they will do in future.

Cause we are getting key lime pie 5.0 on Nexus 4/5 (2013)."

It was a joke and only Nothingistrue got it....lol...yes please read again.

What's the joke?

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Polish Prince

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
had a Samsung Nexus S 4G and it was basically a brick one year after I got it.

My NS4G is rocking right now on Android 4.3 getting 10-11 hrs without a charge. This thing is no brick yet baby!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Your arguing over rumors
What? Google already officially announced that the next version will be 4.4 and will be called "KitKat".
Lol he was talking about the name of the next nexus bro not the name of the next OS lol read
What's the joke?

That on Monday everyone was sure the next Nexus would run 5.0 Key Lime Pie, and people like certain former Googlers that now have their reputation staked on the rumor mill claimed to have used 5.0 KLP as far back as this spring. It's entirely possible that it was going to be 5.0 and Google changed it just to mess with the rumor mills and keep things surprising, but either way 90% of what we think we know is usually either conjecture based on trends (rarest), recitation of other rumors or merely wishful thinking. I like the debate as much as everyone, but there is very little to get angry about given that we're all just more or less thinking aloud, rather than revealing insider knowledge.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Let's just keep it fun everyone because these debates are all same.

"Nexus (#) (Year) is going to be made by "X" Company because lasted year for "X" reason. I like speculating as much as the next guy but no need to get into a heated debate over mere speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey