Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Default Re: Nexus 5 Battery Discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by DrewDT View Post
    Two different battery packs for the Nexus 5? This would be nice if proven true but it still doesn't address the fact it will be a sealed battery.
    Two Different Battery Packs Possibly Heading for the Nexus 5 Leak Out | Androidheadlines.com

Posted via Android Central App
    I've been searching the internet far and wide, but I can't seem to figure out if the battery will be replaceable even though its "sealed". I mean what's stopping someone from swapping them by pulling that ribbon out. I have the galaxy nexus now, and the removable battery was one of my favorite features. Although, I do have the 32gb Nexus 5 shipping today. Since the back cover comes out, it seems like there will be a solution to swapping batteries. What am I missing?

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

If you're savvy enough to take apart your phone, you can certainly replace the battery. Whether or not you can buy a bigger battery that fits the chassis of the device and uses the same connectors to interface with the device is another matter, however.

Yeah, I'm not even concerned with putting a bigger battery in...more about having an extra two or three in my backpack when traveling. Having extra batteries with my Gnex has saved me multiple times.

I was just curious if anyone has tried to swap the battery to a fresh one yet.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by thegeneral101 View Post
    Yeah, I'm not even concerned with putting a bigger battery in...more about having an extra two or three in my backpack when traveling. Having extra batteries with my Gnex has saved me multiple times.

I was just curious if anyone has tried to swap the battery to a fresh one yet.
    I don't think its worth the effort, why not just carry some battery powerpack? Seems a better solution than attempting to open the case and swap it in the middle of nowhere (assume that's the environment you most likely need extra power).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12