Wll the Nexus 5 come in white at launch?

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Not that I've heard, and if history sets any precedence, I would guess not. The nexus 4 was released for a limited time in white, but quickly discontinued. The Galaxy Nexus was only available I white to Google employees I believe.

I could be wrong, but multiple colors isn't exactly the point of the nexus line ;D

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I rate the chances about the same as Craftsman releasing a new power drill in white this year.

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
If the back is that rubbery stuff that's on the Nexus 7 it doesn't seem like white would make sense. Wouldn't white rubber get really dingy quickly? And difficult to clean. I know that pic looks like the Nexus 7 material but it sure would be awesome if it was some type of textured metal... in white and black!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
You can always get a white case. Ringke makes one for the Nexus 4, it's likely they will for the Nexus 5 as well.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I have seen too many white phones turn yellow or get darker with age. I have seen white phones pick up color from your case. You can always get a white case.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I have seen too many white phones turn yellow or get darker with age. I have seen white phones pick up color from your case. You can always get a white case.

I like the resale value that limited edition phones provide. Discoloration isn't a problem if the material is right.

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't want a matte finish or rubbery phone in any color that isn't dark gray or black. If you got it in white it would be brown in months.

Posted via Android Central App

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
yqa4azuv.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Phil said in his blurb last night on the brief appearance of the N5 on Play that because it said there was a "black version," this was a good indication that there would be a white version. Knock me down with a feather. I'll believe it when I see it.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I like the first white one, the all white. White with the black front isn't as appealing in my opinion.

I agree. I'd buy an all white over an all black in a heart beat. If the "white" version is black and white though, I'll probably get the solid black.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith