Expected lifespan for 2300mAh battery?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
That pic disputes several of the things you claimed.
Is this confirmation that your posts were facetious?

I couldn't tell if you were messing with us.

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
JonK...agree with some of your points. Otherwise, agree to disagree :p The price has nothing to do with other devices having subsidies. You pay the full price of a subsidized price over a 24 month contract, and then some. We can all agree you get a lot for a little buying a Nexus.
Fair enough :). We can certainly agree that the Nexus is great bang for your buck and I cant wait for this release. With all the above being said I would think despite the bigger screen, the more power efficient CPU and hopefully more optimized software will yield battery life on par or slightly better than the N4 with a 2300mAh battery. Just speculating though. I would love a bigger battery option but we will just have to wait and see. I am considering getting one of those little charging sticks you mentioned earlier since right now I keep an extra battery for my GNex.

Last edited:

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
That pic disputes several of the things you claimed.
Is this confirmation that your posts were facetious?

I couldn't tell if you were messing with us.

Come again? I don't just let my phone die down to post SOT all of the time lol. The point was battery is a non-issue for me personally on the Nexus 4, and I expect the Nexus 5 to best my Nexus 4 all other things equal. This particular day I was using wifi, with LTE turned on and a TERRIBLE signal, synching everything, auto brightness, some HD netfix and some gaming, it managed 4 hours SOT. No funny business, just real world usuage. If I turned sync off, data off and wifi only, min brightness, underclock/undervolt and change some other kernel settings I could post a much longer SOT. That's pointless to me. If you're the sort of person that's impressed by that sort of thing you can just search a thread or two on XDA regarding Nexus 4's battery and you'll find people posting 6+hour SOT...

Or maybe I'm messing with you:p

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Fair enough :). We can certainly agree that the Nexus is great bang for your buck and I cant wait for this release. With all the above being said I would think despite the bigger screen, the more power efficient CPU and hopefully more optimized software will yield battery life on par or slightly better than the N4 with a 2300mAh battery. Just speculating though. I would love a bigger battery option but we will just have to wait and see. I am considering getting one of those little charging sticks you mentioned earlier since right now I keep an extra battery for my GN.

Indeed. Man, I loved my gnex but the battery life was absolutely attrocious. I promise you'd be thoroughly impressed with even the stock Nexus 4's battery life in comparison. If you had a GN2...not so much. The portable batteries are really great just to have around. Highly recommend. We'll just wait and see, but I don't think it's too far off to think the Nexus 5 running Kitkat w/ a 2300mah battery would be about the same as the G2 running a 4.2.2 based (heavy) skinned version of Android. Even the jump from 4.2.2 to 4.3 brought a very noticable improvement on my N4. I don't know if you've had any time with a device sporting the s800, but holy sheet is it a beast. Even running LG's heavy skin or Touchwiz = WOW. Nothing has made me say that until now as my N4 flies. Can't wait to see it running vanilla Android!

Doah....just realized you said GN/Galaxy Note. Not sure how I read it as gnex

Last edited:

JonK

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Indeed. Man, I loved my gnex but the battery life was absolutely attrocious. I promise you'd be thoroughly impressed with even the stock Nexus 4's battery life in comparison. If you had a GN2...not so much. The portable batteries are really great just to have around. Highly recommend. We'll just wait and see, but I don't think it's too far off to think the Nexus 5 running Kitkat w/ a 2300mah battery would be about the same as the G2 running a 4.2.2 based (heavy) skinned version of Android. Even the jump from 4.2.2 to 4.3 brought a very noticable improvement on my N4. I don't know if you've had any time with a device sporting the s800, but holy sheet is it a beast. Even running LG's heavy skin or Touchwiz = WOW. Nothing has made me say that until now as my N4 flies. Can't wait to see it running vanilla Android!

Doah....just realized you said GN/Galaxy Note. Not sure how I read it as gnex
No, you were right I meant Gnex (edited my post to clear that up). I didnt realize the N4 was a big improvement in battery over the Gnex. I heard lots of complaints so I assumed it was about the same. As you know battery is a big YMMV situation so its hard to get a good idea of what to expect. I haven't had any time with an s800 yet but I am really excited about the N5. Should be a big leap over the Gnex in many categories. It's been a while since a phone got me this excited.

RustyNayl

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
As long as the battery life is better than my Gnex, I'm happy! I have a 30 minute train ride in the morning, by the time I get there i'm already down to 75%. If I didn't keep my phone plugged in all day at work I'm sure it'd be drained by noon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome