- 50 Posts
N5 on Verizon 3G CDMA?
I know it doesn't have the frequency for Verizon LTE, but will it be compatible with CDMA or 3G. Do sprint and Verizon share the same frequencies like AT&T and T-Mobile do for 2G.
My dilemma is my Verizon contract ends Dec 15 and I'd like to not get hit with an early termination fee, but I'll be tempted to want to use my N5 too. After the 15 I'll be on T-Mobile!
Posted via Android Central AppProblem solved, problem staying solved!
- 10-19-2013, 01:34 AM #2
- 4,571 Posts
- Assassin 'Droid
Re: N5 on Verizon 3G CDMA?
The Nexus 5 does appear to have some CDMA support, but it's tied to Sprint's network and doesn't appear to support anythin that Verizon currently has active. Without a specific version released by Verizon, the N5 will not work on Verizon at all. Verizon requires not only the hardware and software support for their CDMA network, but also specific certification for SKUs and registration of each individual device to be supported on their network. The 2G/3G services on AT&T and TMO are GSM. It sounds like your best bet would be to use the N5 on TMO and just remain with your current device on VZW until December 15th.
- By tedbearclaw in forum Verizon Galaxy Note 2Replies: 13Last Post: 10-29-2013, 01:33 PM
- By bertsirkin in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 9Last Post: 10-23-2013, 08:15 AM
- By RorixRebel in forum Moto XReplies: 4Last Post: 10-19-2013, 08:45 PM
- By onthehunt in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-19-2013, 04:38 AM
- By super-6-1 in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 0Last Post: 10-18-2013, 09:27 PM