Nexus 5 to Include 100GB of Google Drive Storage

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
what is up with the camera sticking out a bit. SMH But it looks like there touchless cotrol like Moto X!!!

How did you glean there being touch less controls from those pictures? I only saw an update screen then some of the device nothing to indicate that feature.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
what is up with the camera sticking out a bit. SMH But it looks like there touchless command like Moto X!!!

He replied with a smiley face, not any statements. Plus, it wasn't quite clear whether the question (or his response) were in regards to listening when the device is in standby versus when unlocked/in use (along the lines of the "Google Experience Launcher" rumors). My thoughts on the subject of 4.4/Nexus 5 Touchless Control-style listening are here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/go...us-5-what-phone-you-coming-7.html#post3174327.

TL;DR: I think it's much more likely that we'll see some sort of unlocked/in-use listening mode rather than the Touchless Control experience, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
With all these leaks it's got to be close. I've never seen a device have so many leaks. The Nexus 5 design is pretty much the same as the Nexus 7, which is nice.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
The Chromebooks come with 100GB of Drive storage, (Mine did anyway, so if yours didn't, so sorry) so I can definitely see the phones doing the same.

philos31

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Not going to happen, got my nexus 5 today but no update to 4.4.1 (there is an update imidiatly after connecting to internet, but it leaves android on 4.4) and no google drive offer.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Being that it wasnt mentioned in the Google tech blog release I am not surprised. It would've be awesome though

Posted via Android Central App

Amir47

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm only seeing the usual 15GB in my Google Drive. I'm using Copy which gives you 20GB plus 5GB bumps for referrals, plus I have 50GB from Box from my TouchPad. Dropbox really is slacking on their space allocations.

If you had a one s or one x and then upgraded to the note 3 or s4 you get 75 GB from dropbox. 25 from HTC and 50 from Samsung.

Posted via Android Central App

gigabitex2

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I installed quick office and got the extra 10 gigs, took a day or two to show up in Google drive but I now have the 25 gigs.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair