Nexus 5: First Impressions & Reviews

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 First Impressions & Reviews

I think one of the things I was most pleased hearing was that this new variant wasn't tied to just 2 carriers. Being on Sprint and not planning to leave, I am pleased to know that if I come up with the cash to get a Nexus, I can.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Kinda disappointed reading on MobileSyrup that the bottom speakers is a mono speaker while other one is the microphone. As for the voice command, I don't really mind that it can't be used while the phone is sleeping. Other than that, everything looks awesome.

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Using my new nexus5 right now

Had my new nexus for an hour now, first impressions are this device is quality and new 4.4 is too. Amazing value on the price.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

dataquestAC

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Using my new nexus5 right now

How does the speaker sound? And how good is the screen and camera? Can you compare them to other phones that you might have? Thank you.

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

Speaker sounds good and camera and video seem good too but I'm outside walking the dog at moment. Will fully charge battery later. Its a gorgeous design though. Yes it has notification led too. Will post pics this afternoon but very pleased on first impressions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site

- About the camera;
I'm just wondering, since the camera at the back seems to stick out a bit, doesn't it make it vulnerable to scratches on the lense??
Many of us have the phone laying flat on its back most of the time, making it lay down on the lense... Am I worried too much??

- About the sound;
I noticed on my Nexus 4, that the sound sometimes gets a bit blurry, when the volume goes up... is this the case with N5 too??

- Does it use the same sim card as N4?

dataquestAC

May 7, 2013
Visit site

Ah, good to hear another confirmation of the LED indicator. I don't know why it has been so hard to find this out, lol. Thanks for the good news, now I'm not regretting ordering it. :)

dataquestAC

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty sure that I read several times that it uses a micro sim, which is bigger than the nano sim.

DCad

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

When are Android Central doing the review?

AC typically doesn't post reviews as quickly as other outlets, as they like to be able to spend more hands-on time with the device to do a true review versus spending 1-2 days and then jumping to a conclusion.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site

I haven't had a Nexus in a while. I think I may jump back in once this is released.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

yeah i know, they like to use the item first, just wasnt if they have had one for a few days already, im not into the "i just got this phone and im going to review" quick reviews, i wanna see an in depth review was just wondering about the timeline, ive actually been on here for a couple of years just never posted until recently, so even tho i have a low post count im not a raving screaming noob lol