Share your Nexus 5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow, the colors you managed to get are just gorgeous. I'm so impressed by everyone's pics. I wish I could get around to better places here to capture some of the landscape.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Took this at work the other day. USAir A319 @ CLT.
y3ubanur.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've now taken over 300 photos with the N5, and it takes much better photos than my previous smart phones (SGS3, iP4, iP5). What impresses me the most is the quality of indoor shots with no flash and using HDR; excellent exposure, no blur and very little grain. Out of the 100+ photos I took indoors today, not one came out bad, which in my experience is astonishing. When using my SGS3, if I didn't use the flash more often than not the picture would turn out bad. This picture is one example of an indoor construction photo with no flash.

ajyhu5yh.jpg

Caveat: I use my camera mainly for still shots, to document construction progress or for scenery shots when riding my motorcycle.

Couldn't be happier! My intent with this post is not to slam the SGS3, as that phone served me well. I'm just reinforcing how good the N5 camera really is. Now if Google would just fix the shutter speed for motion shots.

Last edited:

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've now taken over 300 photos with the N5, and it takes much better photos than my previous smart phones (SGS3, iP4, iP5). What impresses me the most is the quality of indoor shots with no flash and using HDR; excellent exposure, no blur and very little grain. Out of the 100+ photos I took indoors today, not one came out bad, which in my experience is astonishing. When using my SGS3, if I didn't use the flash more often than not the picture would turn out bad. This picture is one example of an indoor construction photo with no flash.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/04/ajyhu5yh.jpg

Caveat: I use my camera mainly for still shots, to document construction progress or for scenery shots when riding my motorcycle.

Couldn't be happier! My intent with this post is not to slam the SGS3, as that phone served me well. I'm just reinforcing how good the N5 camera really is. Now if Google would just fix the shutter speed for motion shots.

Impressive! My black 32GB is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I'm looking forward to posting some of my images.

Nexus 7 (2013)

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Finally! For those of us coming from iOS this is the holy grail. Will take a little getting used to from Android folks but I already love the shots I'm getting with my N5 a thousand times more.

Shutter speed is much faster. The documentation said is was optimized for the N5. The controls during shooting are limited, but there are many for post-processing. I'll be taking over 100 pics today at work, so I'll play with this app a bit.

One question. I've dug through the app, but can't figure one part out. When taking a picture, there are three controls on the left menu bar; flash, grid, and a black circle. When selecting the black circle, a red border surrounds the camera screen. What is this?

I've taken a number of pictures and compared to the stock camera app, and there are some definite advantages with respect to speed. I also like the on screen exposure control by tapping. When zooming in to the processed image, it is sharper than the stock app in HDR mode, but has slightly more artifacts than the stock app in standard mode. Not that big of a deal to me, since the shutter is so much more responsive.

Thank you for the post!

Last edited:

Perry Fabiano

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Shutter speed is much faster. The documentation said is was optimized for the N5. The controls during shooting are limited, but there are many for post-processing. I'll be taking over 100 pics today at work, so I'll play with this app a bit.

One question. I've dug through the app, but can't figure one part out. When taking a picture, there are three controls on the left menu bar; flash, grid, and a black circle. When selecting the black circle, a red border surrounds the camera screen. What is this?

I've taken a number of pictures and compared to the stock camera app, and there are some definite advantages with respect to speed. I also like the on screen exposure control by tapping. When zooming in to the processed image, it is sharper than the stock app in HDR mode, but has slightly more artifacts than the stock app in standard mode. Not that big of a deal to me, since the shutter is so much more responsive.

Thank you for the post!

My pleasure, I've also noticed that uploading to instragram via this app solves many of the problems people had with android instagram in the past.

Not sure what the black circle you mention is but I'll look into it. Most disappointing thing about the android version is the lack of two finger exposure and focus control. I had no idea Android doesn't allow spot metering, anyone know why this is?

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Most disappointing thing about the android version is the lack of two finger exposure and focus control. I had no idea Android doesn't allow spot metering, anyone know why this is?

There was one app I tried that allowed this (Camera Awesome?), but it did a poor job at exposure.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
A few mundane images from my winter yard. Quite frankly I'm more than impressed with the quality of the Nexus 5 camera!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1386204326045.jpg
    1386204326045.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 1386204371358.jpg
    1386204371358.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 1386204399978.jpg
    1386204399978.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 27

Trending Posts