'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

purplehaze50o

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I ordered the white 16gb. my wife ordered two black 32gb 10 minutes after launch and just recieved them today. I ordered one white 16gb about 3 hours after launch and orginally got the 11/5 ship date. I purchased it and it was pending with ship date of 11/5 then today I called Google to see what is up and they said if doesnt get shipped out by tomorrow to see if will get shipped out by 11/8. after i got off the phone with google my ship date went from 11/5 to 11/8. it is almost like calling up did more damage. Then i called up again and the google rep said due to the overload amount of puchases some purchases were pushed back and she even said some that even got the shipping confirmation got it prematurely and even though email says shipped the tracking numbers wont show up and isnt actually shipped. So this is becoming a nightmare...

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I ordered the white 16gb. my wife ordered two black 32gb 10 minutes after launch and just recieved them today. I ordered one white 16gb about 3 hours after launch and orginally got the 11/5 ship date. I purchased it and it was pending with ship date of 11/5 then today I called Google to see what is up and they said if doesnt get shipped out by tomorrow to see if will get shipped out by 11/8. after i got off the phone with google my ship date went from 11/5 to 11/8. it is almost like calling up did more damage. Then i called up again and the google rep said due to the overload amount of puchases some purchases were pushed back and she even said some that even got the shipping confirmation got it prematurely and even though email says shipped the tracking numbers wont show up and isnt actually shipped. So this is becoming a nightmare...

It's beginning to look like Google didn't learn from the Nexus 4 fiasco.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Wow this is very disheartening. I order 9 min in 32gb black and if this happens I hope they have the option to cancel and I'll just re order it because It seems that the 2-3 weekers are getting it faster than the one's that ordered launch day within min of it's availability. How that makes sense is beyond me. When does the Nexus 6 come out lol

purplehaze50o

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Its now official...within 3 hours my shipping date went from 11/5 to 11/8 and since I wrote that last post now shipping within 2 to 3 weeks.....Cancelling my order...I am hearing now Google is postponing pending orders and moving shipped orders that got the email even with tracking but haven't really been shipped back to pending...Yup cancelling my order...This is ridiculous.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my N5 on halloween, pretty much 20 mins after it went live in the play store. Got my shipped email from google late friday night. tracking # went live 30 mins later. It has been 3 days since then, and no updates what so ever from UPS. It is estimated to be here wed..... :-(

Consider yourself lucky. I ordered 9 min after release and I have yet to receive it. Which model did you order? Where are you located?

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Its now official...within 3 hours my shipping date went from 11/5 to 11/8 and since I wrote that last post now shipping within 2 to 3 weeks.....Cancelling my order...I am hearing now Google is postponing pending orders and moving shipped orders that got the email even with tracking but haven't really been shipped back to pending...Yup cancelling my order...This is ridiculous.

Wow what a joke. Please someone explain how does this happen. Did they send you a email letting you know or did you just check?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

It could be a UPS problem. After all they suddenly have at least a million more deliveries than they'd usually have all at once. They probably will have it straightened out in a couple of days. Unless you're leaving on a trip someplace I don't see why you'd cancel unless you changed your mind or need a phone immediately.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Just got my 32gb white...LOVE IT! It looks soo good. Waiting for the update to finalize installation. Can't wait to play with camera and all the new things...SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

The white looks a lot better in person than I thought. The phone is top notch build quality

purplehaze50o

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It could be a UPS problem. After all they suddenly have at least a million more deliveries than they'd usually have all at once. They probably will have it straightened out in a couple of days. Unless you're leaving on a trip someplace I don't see why you'd cancel unless you changed your mind or need a phone immediately.

The problem I have is last year with the Nexus 4 what was suppose to be a week turned into 3 months...And the bigger problem was it was almost impossible to cancel the order and get money back AFTER the device was marked as shipped...So I was out like $400 dollars and my Nexus 4 for legit what was about 9 weeks.....I just dont want to go through that again...Ill give it too the 8th to see if it ships out..if not im walking away.

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
"...said some that even got the shipping confirmation got it prematurely and even though email says shipped the tracking numbers wont show up and isnt actually shipped."

Oh man I'd be pissed if that happened to me.. not really at Google, just myself for having bad luck lol.

I ordered 16G white quickly after it went live, 2day shipping. Received tracking that night @9:55PM. Next day early afternoon UPS was updated with Monday delivery. Never been so excited for a Monday to come before!

Where are people looking for the exact time they ordered? My "Thank You" for order email came at 11:07AM. Did anyone get that before 11:07 and still don't have confirmed delivery day?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the 32gb black one. I'm in MA. It is shipping from Kentucky It said it went out late friday night, but it has not updated since then. I'm hoping it is on the way

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Google rushes to mark orders as "shipped" in their system as that's the point at which you can no longer cancel your order (i.e., you have to wait until it arrives to either refuse shipment or return it at your own expense, and in either case forfeit the paid shipping cost).

As to UPS and the 2-day vs 3-5-day shipping options, UPS should only be held accountable for that number of business days from the time the package is actually in their hands. The initial tracking number you receive in email is only indicative that UPS has been notified that they will be supplied a package for transport, not a commitment on anyone's part as to exactly when that will happen. It's my understanding (correct me if I'm wrong) that these are shipping from California. For me, in SC, that's likely 5 business days so I ponied up the extra $4 to shave off 3 days. If you live closer to point of origin, it might not actually get to you any faster regardless of option selected.

As to shipment date, note that Google indicates a 'ship by' date. In my case, "Leaves warehouse by November 8, 2013." I received a tracking number yesterday, and today it shows "Label created on 11/04/2013." So I'm hoping my order might actually ship sooner, but so long as my order is into UPS's hands no later than 11/8 (Friday) and makes it to me by 11/12 (Tuesday, 2 business days later), I don't feel I have any legitimate reason to gripe.

Wiggy0211

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
Just got my 32gb white...LOVE IT! It looks soo good. Waiting for the update to finalize installation. Can't wait to play with camera and all the new things...SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

The white looks a lot better in person than I thought. The phone is top notch build quality

Awesome!! Oreo is where it's at I think haha. Can't wait for mine. Any initial thought on how the white will hold up or difficulty of keeping clean?

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My tracking info has finally updated.

Louisville, KY, United States 11/04/2013 11:51 A.M. Origin Scan

Scheduled For Early Delivery On:
Tuesday, 11/05/2013
Originally Scheduled For Delivery On:
Wednesday, 11/06/2013

To those of you who are stuck in the "Pending" status, I hope you get shipping confirmations soon. I know how frustrating dealing with uncertainty is.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
my departure scan was 2350 on 11/1! they seem to be having a lot of late nights. I should have paid the extra couple of bucks though, my order is scheduled to arrive on wed.....:(

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
UPDATE! Finally, the first update since 11/1 when the label was received.

Scheduled Delivery:
Tuesday, 11/05/2013, By End of Day

Last Location:
Louisville, KY, United States, Monday, 11/04/2013

I chose two-day shipping. Excited to get this tomorrow... much earlier than expected.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I woke up this morning to an email telling me my order (32 GB, black, placed on launch day around 2 pm Pacific) has shipped, and the shipping page says it's on track to arrive on Friday (I chose the regular shipping, not the 2-day). I'm perfectly happy with that. My order originally said that my phone may not even leave the warehouse till 11/15, and I was perfectly content with that as well. I put in my order and let my life go on, knowing I will get what I purchased.

Some of us need to just chill a little. It's a brand new phone. It only began shipping at the earliest on November 1. It won't make or break anything if you get it this week or next week. Google diI dn't "mess up" your order - you will still get what you ordered. If you want it at the moment you put down your order, you should wait for the retail launch and go pick it up at a store (that would even save you the shipping cost). But the whole "ZOMG what a Google FAIL" thing is getting a little tiring.

patrickhills

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I ordered about a half hour after the phones went live, received a shipment notice Friday night / Saturday morning, was "waiting for scan" up until a minute ago when I got this:

Screen Shot 2013-11-04 at 11.28.30 AM.png

32gb Black 2 day shipping

st_7

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
That could be issue in process in shipping and billing between Google and UPS. UPS could have something delaying there process at that particular facility...weather, a computer hiccup...etc
I don't think Google involves in anything after the item has shipped, it's up to the UPS to take care of everything from then on. Yeah, a very bad weather situation might be the reason(if it was there) but this same damn thing happened to me in another item from Amazon(UPS itself) they have put up initial updates on Saturday morning, till now same thing is being displayed. Because of these both reasons, I asked how UPS works(because I don't know them well although got few items shipped through them).

Google and UPS process seems much better for this launch than any other nexus launch. However every launch has the unexplainable hiccups in the process that we don't if it's the oem, Google or Shipping company causing the hiccups.
I think some how you are misunderstanding my posts that I'm complaining about Google-UPS process but instead I'm asking about how UPS system works and why would I complain about Google, if they have already shipped my item. Now it's nothing to do about Google.

Sorry for all thoughs having processing and handling issues but best thing is if Google gave you date or estimated date then check back then. Stop hording over process every second because it's only going drive nuts. Trust me I know what I am talking about.
Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app
I don't know the exact meaning of hoarding in that sentence, but if you are asking me to stop complaining every second about Google & shipping, then you are getting it all wrong again. First of all, I hardly post here, unless it absolutely necessary for me. And secondly, I'm not all complaining about Google(again, why would I complain about Google now that they have shipped my item), all I was asking in my last two posts(especially second last post to which you replied with your tracking information) is how UPS system works. It's not only with this shipment but same thing happened with another shipment of an item that I bought at Amazon & which shipped through UPS. And finally, for you & me it's easy to ask others to not to complain about it, etc,..etc,.. but people like SmartPhoneDude, (who has ordered the item with in 9 minutes of launch haven't got any shipping information of his item, while people who have ordered much later than him & got shipping estimation 2-3 weeks, already have their items being shipped through them, does it make any sense?), have all the right in the world to ask questions about the system. It's not about their phones haven't shipped, if there is delay then there is delay for every one and every one can deal with it. But why or how some, have theirs already been shipped although they have ordered much later than others who ordered just within few minutes of Nexus availability. That system is completely wrong. It's ok if you are trying to group items that are going in a particular direction or particular area, but first process the orders in the order and once specific numbers of items have reached that are to be shipped to a particular location, ship them at once. There will be no complaints at all. But it's not what happening.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
The problem I have is last year with the Nexus 4 what was suppose to be a week turned into 3 months...And the bigger problem was it was almost impossible to cancel the order and get money back AFTER the device was marked as shipped...So I was out like $400 dollars and my Nexus 4 for legit what was about 9 weeks.....I just dont want to go through that again...Ill give it too the 8th to see if it ships out..if not im walking away.

Oh, I see what you mean. Hopefully it won't be that bad this time around. I think even though they prepared a few orders got slightly lost in their systems apparently. But I don't know if that means orders got passed over through error or they're shipping normally and just the notices are getting messed up. I got my shipping confirmation yesterday afternoon and initially it wasn't going to ship until November 22. I don't have a tracking number yet though.

I really hope it doesn't get so messed for you this time around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2