'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on Nov.4 then replaced order on Nov.5 (so it comes to my work, no hassles, no miss!)

Started with a note that it ships in 3-4 weeks, then went to 2-3 weeks, now updated to "Leaves warehouse on 11/26/13". Ah, come on!!

Let's hope it ships earlier like many have been reporting...

Oh, and it's still in "Pending" status. Is that okay? Is that the status before "Shipped"?

Petero1818

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Mine arrived today 3 weeks ahead of schedule. Strangely, UPS left it on my doorstep rather than ring the doorbell for a signature. Fortunately someone at home saw it on the step and brought it in. Nice to know they leave a $400 device on my step for anyone to take. Anyways, still at work so have not seen it yet, and have to head out of town in morning so I likely won't put it into use until next week. Can't go on the road with a new device not set up yet.

reepS

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: 'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

- - - Updated - - -

I ordered on Nov.4 then replaced order on Nov.5 (so it comes to my work, no hassles, no miss!)

Started with a note that it ships in 3-4 weeks, then went to 2-3 weeks, now updated to "Leaves warehouse on 11/26/13". Ah, come on!!

Let's hope it ships earlier like many have been reporting...

Oh, and it's still in "Pending" status. Is that okay? Is that the status before "Shipped"?

I am in the exact same situation! I really hope it ships ahead of schedule!

albertsm

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Mine ended up coming today.
- Ordered launch day at 3:06 PM EST.
- Orignal ship date was 11/8 (ground shipping)
- Didn't get email with tracking info until yesterday evening
- UPS tracking said that it actually shipped two days ago

From reading other experiences it seems like a common scenario that they ship it well before sending the shipping notification with tracking number. I've also seen people get the notification of a shipping label, then nothing for days. There are definitely inconsistencies with how they process orders. Maybe the process varies with warehouse location, work shifts, individuals who actually process orders...etc. Who knows.

I also noticed that the charge didn't hit my bank account until after it was delivered, which I thought was odd.

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

So I FINALLY got the email that it's been shipped but when I go to the tracking # it shows arrival scan time as 0:41?? I take it as midnight they just forgot a 0 haha. It arrived at Louisville, Kentucky, it's been stuck there for a whole day what's up with that?

FRoStYisGoD

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Mine ended up coming today.

I also noticed that the charge didn't hit my bank account until after it was delivered, which I thought was odd.

They charged your card when it originally shipped it was just in a pending state, since charges take a day or so to show up online. So when you got the phone the charge then fully posted. Unless you have a bank that shows pending charges online as soon as it happens, and it didn't go pending but straight to charge then ya that be weird.

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone ordered theirs from Ebay? I know there are some way overpriced on Ebay, BUT the thing is, with the shipping and taxes coming from the Google Play store, mine would cost me almost $400. I saw some would cost under that and that's including the shipping. What do you all think? Or is it better to order the safe way?

mldiroff

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Considered this, but you will not be able to return the phone to Google since you are not the original purchaser, if you had to return for warranty purposes. Would be a huge PITA. Gotta be strong and hold out until the 22nd :)

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Got mine early this morning around 9, in Toronto, ON. Left it at home and just got home to play with it and the camera lens black cover popped off. Also, the volume buttons are starting to feel loose (like the power button is). Wondering....if its possible that those buttons would fall off too... considering the camera lens cover just fell off :p

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Got mine early this morning around 9, in Toronto, ON. Left it at home and just got home to play with it and the camera lens black cover popped off. Also, the volume buttons are starting to feel loose (like the power button is). Wondering....if its possible that those buttons would fall off too... considering the camera lens cover just fell off :p

I would send it back just because if the camera lense cover. That's unacceptable, and Google will gladly replace it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't think twice to send it back if that happened. I could see past the loose buttons but not the phone actually falling apart.

TheDroidKid

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 5 arrived today! It was probably the longest work day ever!

Details:
Toronto, Ontario
Ordered October 31st around 3:30PM
Google play status said "Leaving the warehouse the 8th" However on Sunday the 3rd i received a tracking number.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
How can you check the specific ETA ship date? Mine just says 2-3 weeks.

I guess it depends if they updated your info. The status on my order is "Pending" but when I click on the "info" link below it shows the status as leaving the warehouse on 11/22/13.

Gurilla

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 5 arrived today! It was probably the longest work day ever!

Details:
Toronto, Ontario
Ordered October 31st around 3:30PM
Google play status said "Leaving the warehouse the 8th" However on Sunday the 3rd i received a tracking number.

Did your tracking number show you updates the entire time as to where your package was?

Posted via Android Central App

BrBRtR

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
@Gurilla, I am going through an identical situation as yours (although I'm in the US, not Canada): ordered early on 10/31, "shipped" email from Google on Sunday 11/3, UPS tracking continues to only show, "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." and no pick up or delivery info, and when I ordered I was promised "leaves warehouse by November 8th".

I've been in contact with both Google and UPS and no one seems to take responsibility. When I called Google on the 6th they said their records show that the item had left their warehouse, when I contacted UPS they just as adamantly said they only had a label and no package. Google also seemed somewhat unconcerned because it wasn't the 8th yet (as if a package that had disappeared would reappear simply because the ship by date had arrived). Anyway, Google is supposedly looking into my case and will contact me. If I get any updates I'll be sure to post since I'm sure you're just as anxious as me. Hopefully we'll get these phones soon and FYI UPS does work on Veteran's Day.

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Question. I just got an up date to ship date of 12/3. I also noticed the hold was taken off my card. So, I thought the hold was on until it shipped.
Can anyone confirm they had the same situation happen as mine? Thanks.

Garp

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I've had packages disappear in the UPS system for days and then pop up on delivery day, so I wouldn't be too worried. It may well be in the system, winging it's way to you, but it missed a scan or two along the way.

Given that all these packages seem to be shipping from Louisville, KY, I suspect that Google had subcontracted the entire logistics element to UPS. I very much doubt that Google has a warehouse anywhere, it's all in UPS's hands. I suspect UPS owns the distribution process from the origin in China right through delivery to the end user, at least in the US.

Gurilla

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
@Gurilla, I am going through an identical situation as yours (although I'm in the US, not Canada): ordered early on 10/31, "shipped" email from Google on Sunday 11/3, UPS tracking continues to only show, "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status will be updated." and no pick up or delivery info, and when I ordered I was promised "leaves warehouse by November 8th".

I've been in contact with both Google and UPS and no one seems to take responsibility. When I called Google on the 6th they said their records show that the item had left their warehouse, when I contacted UPS they just as adamantly said they only had a label and no package. Google also seemed somewhat unconcerned because it wasn't the 8th yet (as if a package that had disappeared would reappear simply because the ship by date had arrived). Anyway, Google is supposedly looking into my case and will contact me. If I get any updates I'll be sure to post since I'm sure you're just as anxious as me. Hopefully we'll get these phones soon and FYI UPS does work on Veteran's Day.

It's somewhat reassuring to know I'm not the only one with this problem. I called Google yesterday and they said all is fine with my order and it SHOULD ship out on November 8th (today). They also said call back around 3pm if UPS still has not updated their tracking information. Fingers crossed everything get's resolved today because i've just about had it with Google.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21