Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 82838485
Results 2,101 to 2,118 of 2118
Like Tree183Likes

Global Posts
    2,449 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

Default Re: 'I've Ordered a Nexus 5' Thread! (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeFarm View Post
    Long term iPhone Drone. I took a walk with the robot about three years ago and he thouroughly trashed my contacts, my calander and most everything else, so I went kayaking back to Uncle Jobs. At some point since, I developed a taste for Google apps and even got a chromebook. I work in Microsoft land, so it's getting pretty crazy being so spread out. Also, I think that MS and Apple are both in tailspins since the founders moved on.

As a early-adopter of the e-ink Kindle from Amazon I was excited about their new phone, util a little research put out that fire. Funny thing happend on the way to dissapointment, I ran across the specs and reviews for the N5!

I ordered a Red 16GB yesterday and the response said it would leave on the 25th, and probably arrive a couple of days after that. (Order fulfilment is something Google could learn from Amazon.)

In response to the recent crimson tide of this thread, here are just a few reasons I wanted red:

1. Perspicuity - Almost every piece of equpment I have is black. The interior of my car is black. My bedside table is black. My iPhone is black and sometimes I have to call it to find out it it is sitting on the (black) desk next to me.
    2. Affinity - My car is red. My front door is red. Santa Clause's PJ's are red. You could even say red runs in my veins.
    3. Historic Significance of Red Phones - Bat phone in commissioner Gordon's office; emergency phone in the Oval Office (according to all the movies I've seen.)
    4. this.
    5. RedPhone - Open Whisper Systems WiFi app for making secure encrypted calls so the gubment can't spy on me when I'm talking to my fellow militia members.
    6. Red

"Some like it hot, I like it Red" - Sammy Hagar
    You should go kayaking back to Uncle Jobs while you still have the chance

I ordered a red 16GB from Google on July 17 just before noon and it was shipped the same day. It was listed on the UPS truck the next day and scheduled to arrive. It didn't. Since it was a Friday I expected it Monday. It again was listed to arrive, but strangely it was not listed as being in the truck. Again it was a no show so Tuesday I called UPS and they agreed it seemed to be missing and started an "investigation". I called Google next. They canceled my payment and I ordered another one that evening. They sent it out the following night and it got to my house at 1:30PM. The Google people were fantastic. If UPS ever finds the first one I can ship it back to Google free. I had never ordered anything but apps from Google Play. I got my Nexus 7 in Aug. 2012 from Staples. I will be much more likely to order from the Play Store when the Nexus 6 and 8 come out. T-Mobile is switching to 4G LTE and the N5 is to replace one of our phones that is too obsolete to get 4G LTE. The N6 will replace the other. So far I'm loving the N5!

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DroidArmy View Post
    You should go kayaking back to Uncle Jobs while you still have the chance
    Mmmnyokaye. Thanks for that.

killed my note 3 last weekend...ordered a 32gb red nexus 5 lastnight...slated for delivery tomorrow
    Nexus 5 - Moto 360 - Pebble - iPad Mini 2 - Chromebook - Chromecast - Nest Thermostat

N5 32gb black

Ordered a black 32g on the 24th shipped on the 25th expect to see it tomorrow the 27th anyone want to buy an unlocked iPhone 5 16g?

My 32 GB Nexus 5 just arrived today. Upgrading from a Samsung Galaxy Nexus. However, I haven't gotten a SIM card from Sprint yet so just playing with it on Wifi for now. It just updated itself to 4.4.4. My GNex and Tablet (Nexus 7 of course) were only on 4.4.2 so this should be interesting. Need to do my unlock the bootloader reminder course before doing anything else.
    I should also add that this is the first time I've ever bought a phone and didn't just get my upgrade but Sprint only had the 16 GB version, and they wonder why it wasn't that popular.

Ordered by red 32GB on the morning of September 25, and it shipped that evening. Received it September 30, and activated it at a very busy Sprint store on October 1. As expected, the staffer had some trouble activating the phone, and had to look-up a document in Sprint's internal knowledge database. But it took just 5 minutes overall to have him install a SIM card and I was on my way.

Love this phone. I came from an LG G1, which I think is still a gorgeous, all glass device, but the wireless charging and compatibility with Android Wear brought me to a Nexus. I once owned the Sprint Galaxy Nexus, and I was bitterly disappointed in the battery life. So far, the Nexus 5 meets or exceeds the LG G1. And wireless charging is just too cool, despite the slightly slower charging speed. I had argued for years that we will never need phones with 1080p displays. Well now that I own one, I simply cannot complain. It is pretty stunning.

Also the amount of music I can store on the device is impressive. With the G1, my 12GB of music brought the storage in-use to 31.2GB. WIth the Nexus 5, I have the same music on-board, and about 11GB free. Bye bye, bloat.
    Thanked by:
    gnr_2 likes this.

Nice that Sprint had something in their internal database! Attempting to activate mine this weekend though may ultimately move over to T-mobile for less money.

I'm back! I had the N5 for a while, but sold it for a nexus 4. Well, after seeing the size and price of the N6, I decided to go back to the N5 (black) and sell my N4. A year later, it's still one of the top performing phones out there. I'll probably keep it for a year or so, and see what google comes out with next year.

Just ordered a 16gb black nexus 5.

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

hey, I'm not going to start a new thread for this question, but,

when buying a nexus 5 from google play, who do I call to get the MSL ?

my carrier or google?

Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jvai View Post
    hey, I'm not going to start a new thread for this question, but,

when buying a nexus 5 from google play, who do I call to get the MSL ?

my carrier or google?

ok, thanks for the answers everyone,

I deducted that if buying a nexus from google play at full price, there should be NO msl TO be obtained to unlock the handset, for the msl is for subsidized devices only -

Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) Codes – Brian's Random Thoughts

got it..

Just ordered a 16gb N5 (black). Hope Lollipop is available for it when it gets to me.

I have an 8GB Nexus 4 unlocked that I love and use on Consumer Cellular. But I am always runing out of space these days and want to upgrade to a 32GB Nexus 5 unlocked. But for the last two months, it has been out of stock. The Nexus 6 is way too big. There is also a rumor that there will be a Galaxy S5 GPE. If you know anything about this, let me know.

How often should I check the site for the Nexus 5?
    Do they replenish the stock on a given day of the week?
    Is there a better place for me to buy it?

You better check often. I ordered a 32g black the other day. They were gone fast.

The Nexus 5 black 16 and 32GB is available right now on Google Play.

Quote Originally Posted by jvai View Post
    ok, thanks for the answers everyone,

I deducted that if buying a nexus from google play at full price, there should be NO msl TO be obtained to unlock the handset, for the msl is for subsidized devices only -

Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) Codes – Brian's Random Thoughts

got it..
    Sorry jvai, I had no idea what an MSL even was. 😮
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 82838485