Notification LED?

anon(354569)

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to the Nexus support team and the guy didn't know, but got back to me with an email that specifically says "the Nexus 5 doesn't have LED notification Sensors". Now an LED light isn't a sensor, I don't think, but that is unfortunate if this in fact does not have a notification light.

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to the Nexus support team and the guy didn't know, but got back to me with an email that specifically says "the Nexus 5 doesn't have LED notification Sensors". Now an LED light isn't a sensor, I don't think, but that is unfortunate if this in fact does not have a notification light.

That would certainly blow...

I really do find it very interesting that although the phone is out there in some peoples' hands already, that nothing definitive is being revealed about this despite the growing interest...

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
O.K., assuming that the Nexus5 does have an LED notification light, can i just plug it into my MacBook Pro and see the SD card? I don't own a PC. Thanks for any reply.:confused:

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
If the Nexus 7 has one, I'd assume the Nexus 5 will as well. Probably in the same spot -- right underneath the screen in the middle.

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Great so we have LED notification. So what are all those circles on the bottom left front, beneath the screen?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Great so we have LED notification. So what are all those circles on the bottom left front beneath the screen?

I don't think those are on the retail version (at least based on up-close pictures).

Posted via Android Central App

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I don't think those are on the retail version (at least based on up-close pictures).

Posted via Android Central App

I think they are there, but just not visible unless you hold it at a certain angle.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Someone over on XDA contacted Google support today and explicitly asked if the Nexus 5 had an LED notification light and she was told yes it did...she asked follow-up questions to clarify and was assured again that yes, it has a notification light. So until someone else with first hand knowledge can verify, I will remain optimistic.

Google support assured me before I bought the GPE HTC One that I could use Google Wallet tap to pay on it. That was false, so I don't have much faith in Google Support.

Lisa Driscoll

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I can't even believe this may be an issue!!! I HATE my S2 because of this - I'll be watching for a video to pop up tomorrow to clarify I hope - and cancelling an order if it doesn't have one. :(

After doing some looking- if you go back to the leaked service manual - it does look like it references on :)

Last edited:

Momus80

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
fmrv9oBl.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude