Notification LED?

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Some of the pre-release rumors stated it would have a notification LED, but the official specs don't reference it, and I haven't seen it on any photos or videos. Anyone in the know have some insight on this?

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Hold on....

I forgot the big question of the Nexus 5...will it come with an LED notification light? It don't...I will be quite upset!

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hold on....

That's a good question. I'm thinking it will but who knows. Every Nexus phone has had a notification light that I remember.

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that they left it out of this model...been going through all the reviews on the tech blogs that have had a hands-on and there's not a single mention or evidence of an LED...

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
The service manual leaked early on indicated there would be one. But you're definitely right, there hasn't been much mention of it.

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
There was a leaked video a couple weeks ago on YouTube. In the beginning of the video as the Nexus 5 is being turned around you see the front bottom left and you can see like 6 circles beneath the glass. I think it has multiple simultaneous lights. That is my theory. I'll look for the video and update this post.

Update...
Found it. It is actually more like 8 circles.
See at 00:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP0GCzie9u0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Another possibility is that those circles are not just for notifications but for light sensor to change screen brightness automatically. So who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Seems like a lot of people are asking the same question all around the internet, and nobody is getting an answer...I've seen some really high-res photos at some blogs where they have one in-hand, and there is just no sign or mention of it. You'd think it would be news if it was left out, considering all previous models had it...

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Someone over on XDA contacted Google support today and explicitly asked if the Nexus 5 had an LED notification light and she was told yes it did...she asked follow-up questions to clarify and was assured again that yes, it has a notification light. So until someone else with first hand knowledge can verify, I will remain optimistic.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Someone over on XDA contacted Google support today and explicitly asked if the Nexus 5 had an LED notification light and she was told yes it did...she asked follow-up questions to clarify and was assured again that yes, it has a notification light. So until someone else with first hand knowledge can verify, I will remain optimistic.

+1 for optimism.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12