• 1 Post By md308
  • 1 Post By clevin
  • 1 Post By swarlos
  • 1 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 1 Post By md308
  • 1 Post By karmamule
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Carrier recommendations

Just ordered my 32GB White Nexus 5, and as I am on Verizon with my Galaxy Nexus now I will be looking for a new carrier.

Anyone love their carrier/plan and want to give me their recommendation? Especially anyone in the Dayton/Cincy area who could speak of coverage.

Thanks!
    rayden8 likes this.

Default Re: Carrier recommendations

Tmobile.

No contact, you can switch anytime you want to another carrier.

@T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510

Quote Originally Posted by md308 View Post
    Just ordered my 32GB White Nexus 5, and as I am on Verizon with my Galaxy Nexus now I will be looking for a new carrier.

Anyone love their carrier/plan and want to give me their recommendation? Especially anyone in the Dayton/Cincy area who could speak of coverage.

Thanks!
    Check T-Mobiles coverage in your area and if it's awesome get the $30 plan which has 100 mins/ unl text and unl data (5GB of LTE before throttle) that's what I'm using now on my 5S till I get my Nexus.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    21stNow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    Check T-Mobiles coverage in your area and if it's awesome get the $30 plan which has 100 mins/ unl text and unl data (5GB of LTE before throttle) that's what I'm using now on my 5S till I get my Nexus.
    Agree 100% on this, if you don't talk much on your phone. (even then, there are workarounds)
    I'm just switched to it last night, on my S4 until I get my Nexus.

Thanks!
    I just ordered a Straight Talk SIM and I'm switching from T-Mo. I wanna try out LTE and I can always come back whenever I want since it's no contract.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Leaving Sprint and going to try AT&T my self.

Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

I've been using GoPhone's (ATT) $60/month prepaid plan. Unlimited talk/text and 2GB of data using ATT's LTE network. I also purchase refill cards online which reduces the amount to $50-55.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post

What is that plan called? Looking at their website these are the options I see:

Carrier recommendations-tm.png

I've been using Solavei since January and have been very happy. They're a T-Mobile MVNO. It's $49 (~$55 after taxes and fees.) Unlimited talk, text and data - first 4GB unthrottled.

I left Sprint and have never looked back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei
    Ask me about Solavei.

I am going with Metro PCS that is owned by T-Mobile and uses all T-Mobile networks. Unlimited texts, talk, and Data for $40 a month no extra taxes. The first 500GB of data is at 4G LTE speed and then drops to 3G for unlimited. $50 gets you 2.5GB at 4G speed and $60 is unlimited 4G speed.

Thanked by:

I'm using the T-Mobile $70/month with unlimited all. Love it. T-Mo is doing great things with their uncarrier strategy.
    karmamule likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

What is that plan called? Looking at their website these are the options I see:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TM.PNG 
Views:	80 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	89616
    Found it under the pay as you go plan, but they sure don't make it easy to find!

Found it under the pay as you go plan, but they sure don't make it easy to find!
    Yeah LOL would have said just google prepaid tmobile.

I recommend the T-Mobile/Wal-Mart plan as well, if you're not a heavy talker.

Edited to add: I'm not in your area, though.

Get a sim card either from t-mobile SHOULD BE FREE! T-Mobile prepaid SIM cards currently free with free shipping | Android Central
    Even though the 30 dollar deal is not listed, it exist. When you get your sim and click activate through this site you will see it

Click which plan is right for you? for details on 30 dollar plan

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Schroedl View Post
    I'm using the T-Mobile $70/month with unlimited all. Love it. T-Mo is doing great things with their uncarrier strategy.
    One of my favorite things about this t-mobile plan is you now also get 2.5gb of mobile hotspot for no extra charge!

Posted via Android Central App
    Regard all phenomena as dreams...
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Thanks!
    Only people in your area could answer that for you.

Price-wise (of the big three available), T-Mobile looks to be the best but it doesn't matter if their coverage isn't up to your standards.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Does anyone know if this Nexus 5 will still come to AT&T ? Would suck big-time if it doesnt come in time before my friend's big wedding and a relative's birthday this weekend. Would love to test out all this "capturing moments" feature that they kept talking about haha.

Am strongly considering moving from Sprint to TMobile but am still ocnfused by their reps in stores who tell me I will have to pay roaming charges if in AT&T areas with no TMobile towers. Is this true? Have good coverage in my home area in NYC but just would like some confirmation from anyone with any experience in this and thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GearJ2o View Post
    Does anyone know if this Nexus 5 will still come to AT&T ? Would suck big-time if it doesnt come in time before my friend's big wedding and a relative's birthday this weekend. Would love to test out all this "capturing moments" feature that they kept talking about haha.