The Verge Preview Hands On

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
What a biased and crappy review. iVerge cannot do a review without mentioning ios.

Posted with my S4 via Android Central App

el3ctronics

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
What a biased and crappy review. iVerge cannot do a review without mentioning ios.

Terrible response by you. The Verge is by FAR the best reviewing tech site right now. Their videos are always top notch and just b/c you don't agree doesn't mean they're iSheep or iVerge or whatever other childish names you want to call them. And this is coming from someone who already ordered the N5.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I also didn't like the video. You can tell a lot of people didn't like it judging by the over double negative thumbs vs. positive. I like some of the Verge's videos but I don't think they're one of the best tech sites IMO. Their production and videos are nice but sometime you can tell some of the reviewers are biased.

Watching the video I can tell the phone is running real nice, even when he says it lags. He's well spoken but the short review is not good IMO.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Got to agree with the majority here. There was certainly a negative vibe going on regarding android OS and nexus phones in general. He insinuated that the phone could be inferior in certain aspects unless it proved itself in the in depth review. He certainly didn't approach this with an open, unbiased mind.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Terrible response by you. The Verge is by FAR the best reviewing tech site right now. Their videos are always top notch and just b/c you don't agree doesn't mean they're iSheep or iVerge or whatever other childish names you want to call them. And this is coming from someone who already ordered the N5.

Seriously? He took the time to bash android cameras and brush them all to the side.

"android cameras usually aren't that impressive"

That's where he lost me.

NewAge

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

And a horrible retort by you. Anandtech or Toms hardware smokes the Verge or any tech blog out there. The Verge is garbage imo when it comes to reviews. Very little hard fact and more opinion/feeling/conjecture with constant iPhone/Pad comparisons.

eRod v1.0

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Lol

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The only thing that concerns me is he says the phone has lag. I was under the impression that Nexus phones do not have any lag. I will have to see for myself when mine arrives.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that concerns me is he says the phone has lag. I was under the impression that Nexus phones do not have any lag. I will have to see for myself when mine arrives.

Watching the video closely as he operated the phone, I didn't see any lag. In fact it was running really nice and smooth and I liked the animations. I think he was just assuming that without even using the phone a lot. When he mentioned lag in the scrolling, he didn't even scroll the page, he just held his finger on it and moved the page up and down. Even then I didn't notice any lag.

I have used Iphones and they are exceptionally smooth, and there is nothing like it, but Android has improved greatly. He may have meant how it stutters when the webpage is loading. I didn't noticed it in the video (because he didn't actually scroll it, like I mentioned) but I've seen it on Android devices. IOS does a great job in that, even though a page has not loaded fully, it will not let you scroll the whole page until it's done loading. What you can scroll is smooth. Android seems to try and let you get all the information as it's happening, therefore it stutters trying to load all the content as is you scroll. It's actually pretty ingenious by Apple to do this and makes the user experience better.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Yea I saw that earlier and his review seemed about as passe as you could possible be in reviewing something like that.

It wasn't Josh and this guy seemed genuinely upset that he had to do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance