Sprint & T-Mobile only will sell the Nexus 5, but it will work on AT&T.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Only Sprint and T-Mobile will sell Nexus 5 but will work on AT&T

That's right, the Nexus 5 will be sold through Sprint and T-Mobile, with only Verizon Wireless opting out of carrying the device. Updated at 3:26 p.m. PT: Google came back and confirmed that AT&T won't be selling the Nexus 5, but it will be able to run on its network.

With Nexus 5, Google finally gets flagship phone treatment
Here's to hoping T-Mo doesn't sell it for $500...

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

That's right, the Nexus 5 will be sold through Sprint and T-Mobile, with only Verizon Wireless opting out of carrying the device. Updated at 3:26 p.m. PT: Google came back and confirmed that AT&T won't be selling the Nexus 5, but it will be able to run on its network.

With Nexus 5, Google finally gets flagship phone treatment

Of course it will. Just check out the specs page on the Play Store. It has all of the proper bands for basically any carrier except the obscure LTE bands in Europe (which has its own model to match up with).

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Of course it will. Just check out the specs page on the Play Store. It has all of the proper bands for basically any carrier except the obscure LTE bands in Europe (which has its own model to match up with).
It only has one LTE band for Verizon.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site

Google came back and confirmed that AT&T won't be selling the Nexus 5, but it will be able to run on its network.

I remember some people tried to activate their Nexus 4 on AT&T and customer service said it wouldn't work because it's "not in their system" since they don't sell it. This was despite the fact that lots of people use their Nexus 4 phones on AT&T with no problems at all. Hopefully that won't be the case with the Nexus 5.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site

It only has one LTE band for Verizon.

Of course no Verizon, I was operating under the assumption everyone knew that :p .

- - - Updated - - -

I remember some people tried to activate their Nexus 4 on AT&T and customer service said it wouldn't work because it's "not in their system" since they don't sell it. This was despite the fact that lots of people use their Nexus 4 phones on AT&T with no problems at all. Hopefully that won't be the case with the Nexus 5.

Open SIM tray
Place SIM in tray
Close SIM tray

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Of course no Verizon, I was operating under the assumption everyone knew that :p .

- - - Updated - - -

Open SIM tray
Place SIM in tray
Close SIM tray
Well you said any carrier except the Europen ones so I assumed you meant every U.S. carrier as well
Someone should make a phone that supports every LTE and 4G band there is! :cool:

rice7r

May 29, 2011
Visit site

So to keep my N5 off contract with AT&T do I need to purchase that... GoPhone plan? And its just as simple as popping in the sim card and im good?

ring o fire

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

So to keep my N5 off contract with AT&T do I need to purchase that... GoPhone plan? And its just as simple as popping in the sim card and im good?

Do you have AT&T already? If so you just keep your service and put your sim in and boom it's working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

galfert

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Well not as simple as just popping in SIM. You have to also configure APN settings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Wow, Sprint should be selling the 32GB Nexus for $50. The ETF is supposed to be the price of the phone, part of the plan price is the price of the phone. Sprint will have the measly $200 subsidy paid off in no time.

If you buy the phone for 150, then cancel service, your ETF is 350, that's 500 for a phone that cost you 350, if yo just went out and bought it.

Deathstar and Big Red just want to load it up with bloat and control the updates.....

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Or any other ATT mvno. :)

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow, Sprint should be selling the 32GB Nexus for $50. The ETF is supposed to be the price of the phone, part of the plan price is the price of the phone. Sprint will have the measly $200 subsidy paid off in no time.

If you buy the phone for 150, then cancel service, your ETF is 350, that's 500 for a phone that cost you 350, if yo just went out and bought it.

Deathstar and Big Red just want to load it up with bloat and control the updates.....

Hahaha! Death Star! That's so funny and I totally agree! :D:D:D:thumbup::beer:

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

LandsAlot4

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Well not as simple as just popping in SIM. You have to also configure APN settings.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

You have to have the correct data plan too if you want it to work from what I understand and that caused some problems because of the IEMI not showing up in the system with the Nexus 4 and trying to change Data plans. When I switched over from iPhone 4 to Nexus 4, they would not switch my data plan because Nexus 4 was not in their system. So I still have a Nexus 4 with not HSPA+, just HSPA.

rice7r

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of a guide that could help me with figuring out what plan to get with AT&T? i have been sheltered by always buying w/e is on contract with VZW. Never bought an off contract phone before, and had to shop around. Since its not "Officially supported" with AT&T I cant just call the support and start to fire off questions ya?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
You could call them but they'd keep trying to sell you a phone (commission sales?).

Why not go with a prepaid ATT like GoPhone or Aio or Airvoice etc etc and save a lot of money?

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2

rice7r

May 29, 2011
Visit site
You could call them but they'd keep trying to sell you a phone (commission sales?).

Why not go with a prepaid ATT like GoPhone or Aio or Airvoice etc etc and save a lot of money?

Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2

That is the plan. ... So it is pretty much as simple as calling at&t. Asking for a prepaid gophone sim / account, and they should send this to me via snail mail? Pop sim in phone, and im good to go? simplified of course, but thats the general idea?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692