Man, Google might suck me back in.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had my iphone 5S for only about 2 or 3 weeks now. I like it, but now the nexus 5 is really making me apprehensive and possibly wanting to go back to android. The issues I had with my nexus 4 were its battery life and camera, but the nexus 5 looks like it's fixed these issues. With my iphone, I love the hardware , but I'm not finding how it syncs with my google lifestyle. I can't get my google calendar to work in ios 7 calendar app, chrome still isn't fantastic on ios, and I feel like I'm going to have to pull more away from google and into apple if I continue using there stuff. I don't want to do that, I like google.

The issue is I'm part of AT&T next plan and I am locked into paying this phone off. If I did want to go back to the nexus 5, I'm not sure what my options are. Sell the iphone to pay off the iphone?

I don't know what's the wise choice is here. I might just be wanting to switch back just for switching sake?

juicebox666

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: Man, google might suck me back in.

Sell it. You'll get a nice premium for your 5S since it just hit the market.

Come back to Android and pick up an excellent N5!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site

Here's the thing : I originally got a htc one with my art next plan , but didn't like its battery. So I exchanged it for the iphone. I'm only allowed one exchange. I don't think I can even return it. I'll stop by the AT&T store and ask, but I want to first have the nexus 5 in my hands so I'm not without a phone for a few weeks.

ring o fire

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

Here's the thing : I originally got a htc one with my art next plan , but didn't like its battery. So I exchanged it for the iphone. I'm only allowed one exchange. I don't think I can even return it. I'll stop by the AT&T store and ask, but I want to first have the nexus 5 in my hands so I'm not without a phone for a few weeks.

Ya you may be in a rough spot. You may half to float some cash until you receive the nexus and sell the iPhone to pay off your balance good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Ya you may be in a rough spot. You may half to float some cash until you receive the nexus and sell the iPhone to pay off your balance good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the "adult" thing to do might be to just be happy with my iphone because I am really struggling financially right now.

OTACORB

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Probably the "adult" thing to do might be to just be happy with my iphone because I am really struggling financially right now.

Then the last thing you need to be worried about is switching phones. Google calendar works perfectly fine with iOS. If you have not figured that out it does not sound like you have made much effort towards using Google on your iPhone. I use Google for everything on the iPhone and it all works and integrates just fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
I've had my iphone 5S for only about 2 or 3 weeks now. I like it, but now the nexus 5 is really making me apprehensive and possibly wanting to go back to android. The issues I had with my nexus 4 were its battery life and camera, but the nexus 5 looks like it's fixed these issues. With my iphone, I love the hardware , but I'm not finding how it syncs with my google lifestyle. I can't get my google calendar to work in ios 7 calendar app, chrome still isn't fantastic on ios, and I feel like I'm going to have to pull more away from google and into apple if I continue using there stuff. I don't want to do that, I like google.

The issue is I'm part of AT&T next plan and I am locked into paying this phone off. If I did want to go back to the nexus 5, I'm not sure what my options are. Sell the iphone to pay off the iphone?

I don't know what's the wise choice is here. I might just be wanting to switch back just for switching sake?

I'm essentially doing the same thing, the last 3 years I've been with Verizon, the first two using Android and last year moved back to iOS. I have the 5S and it's been a rough year so my justification to get the Nexus is I will be able to sell the 5S for a premium and make some profit plus I also just left Verizon for T-Mobile using a prepaid sim on the $30 plan. Not to familiar on Next but it looks like you might be stuck because depending on how much you have paid on the iPhone you would be stuck with the balance of the phone if you want to leave AT&T but if not I'm unsure how that would work out. Like you said go ask a rep.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm essentially doing the same thing, the last 3 years I've been with Verizon, the first two using Android and last year moved back to iOS. I have the 5S and it's been a rough year so my justification to get the Nexus is I will be able to sell the 5S for a premium and make some profit plus I also just left Verizon for T-Mobile using a prepaid sim on the $30 plan. Not to familiar on Next but it looks like you might be stuck because depending on how much you have paid on the iPhone you would be stuck with the balance of the phone if you want to leave AT&T but if not I'm unsure how that would work out. Like you said go ask a rep.

Since I just got the phone, my remaining balance on the phone still is like 700 dollars.

So, I guess I can sell the iPhone 5S for, what, 500 or so? Then use 400 of that for the nexus 5 and just keep making payments on the iPhone balance?

andymacnexus

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I've ordered my n5 in black and will sell my iPhone 5s. This new nexus seems awesome and I do like having a bigger screen having used S4gpe and note 3 also:)

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Since I just got the phone, my remaining balance on the phone still is like 700 dollars.

So, I guess I can sell the iPhone 5S for, what, 500 or so? Then use 400 of that for the nexus 5 and just keep making payments on the iPhone balance?

What's the capacity on the 5S? I think 500 is selling yourself short less than $650 for a 5S is highway robbery especially with how new it is and the condition of it.

austriak

May 25, 2011
Visit site

If you were not happy with the HTC One battery life, you will probably not be happy with the Nexus 5. They have the same size battery and the Nexus 5 has a slightly larger screen. I'm not sure the Snapdragon 800 and android 4.4 optimizations are going to be enough to make battery life that much better. This has been a concern for me but I went ahead and ordered one because I can always return it or sell it on ebay if people go crazy and pay large premiums for it.

flattie

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Be careful if the camera improvement is a big deal to you. While I love my new nexus 5, the camera is not as great an improvement as I had hoped it would be. Better than the N4, but not really close to my Lumia 925, which itself is on a level with the 5s, if not slightly worse.

All other aspects are fantastic, however.

Posted via Android Central App

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
Be careful if the camera improvement is a big deal to you. While I love my new nexus 5, the camera is not as great an improvement as I had hoped it would be. Better than the N4, but not really close to my Lumia 925, which itself is on a level with the 5s, if not slightly worse.

I just want a good camera. Doesn't need to be great.

And it's not that the htc ones battery was bad. Actually, I think the reason I returned the HTC One was mostly due to iphone 5S launch hype. I'd that makes sense.

It's not that I don't like apple products, it's just not sure if in going to have to give up how I do things now , as far as using google services , in order to use them. Like giving up chrome, using safari, having to buy a Mac book, use pages instead of google docs, apple calendars instead of google calendar, and etc.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Before selling the device check with AT&T on how much you need to pay to get out of the Next plan with the current device. Wait for the reviews and for the device to start hitting users and see what everyone is saying about the device. You don't want to make a mistake by going through the process of selling the iPhone 5S to get the Nexus 5 and be disappointed by something that could have foreseen.

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
If I were struggling financially I would keep the 5S. It would be unfortunate if you got in the I must upgrade to it hype. Plus if you have no major issues with IOS then you should just ride out the 2 years.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

If the Lumia came in 32GB I would get it for the weekends to have a pureview for my Kids sports etc. Just have a mental block against the 16GB.

Also, any idea how it (N5) compared to the updated Moto X camera. I think it is pretty good and I like the interface better than nexus phones.

RavenSword

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I am actually probably going to be selling my iPad 4 because I'm finding myself not liking a 9.7 inch device anymore compared to my 7 inch nexus 7. So, I was thinking of waiting until anandtech and other reviewers do there thing and I get a better idea of the phones experience. Then I'll see if it's to my liking then ill use the money from the iPad sale. Then I'll use the nexus and see how it serves me, and if I like it, I'll sell the iphone.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I can't get my google calendar to work in ios 7 calendar app, chrome still isn't fantastic on ios, and I feel like I'm going to have to pull more away from google and into apple if I continue using there stuff. I don't want to do that, I like google.

If you're really interested in Google services, then Android is the best way to go.