Purchase through Play Store and activate on Sprint?

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
So nexus 5 is coming to sprint, I know that life and they will only have the 16gb most likely, my question: if I buy the nexus 5 from the Google play store, will I be able to activate it on Sprint?

Posted via Android Central App

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Re: Need help to understand

Yes it has already been answered. You can buy from play

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

peejayemm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

I am very excited to see a Sprint phone with a GSM radio, since I travel internationally. So here is another question, if I buy the Nexus 5 from Sprint, can I add a GSM SIM card when I travel internationally and have it work? Alternatively, if I buy it unlocked from the Play Store and activate with Sprint, will I be able to add GSM SIM card and use it internationally? I guess that's really two questions. Thanks.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site

I am very excited to see a Sprint phone with a GSM radio, since I travel internationally. So here is another question, if I buy the Nexus 5 from Sprint, can I add a GSM SIM card when I travel internationally and have it work? Alternatively, if I buy it unlocked from the Play Store and activate with Sprint, will I be able to add GSM SIM card and use it internationally? I guess that's really two questions. Thanks.

Basically yes to all of the above. On Sprint you will use a SIM card for the LTE radio. The internal CDMA radio will handle voice and SMS. The GSM radio will essentially be non functional while on Sprint. When you travel abroad you will swap out the Sprint SUM card for a GSM card. There is no additional SIM slot if that is what you are asking.

peejayemm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

That's exactly what I was asking thanks. Do you know if on the version being sold by Sprint directly if the SIM card is swappable or sealed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674