Activating on Sprint requires purchase of a "Sprint ICC ID"

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Here is some information on the ICC ID Cards from Sprint's website: About Removable UICC Cards

Cards can be moved to different devices. However, it appears that you have to contact Sprint and have them pair the card with the new device. You can't "pop & swap" as they call it:
Sharing UICCs between two phones

UICCs may not be shared between two devices. Each UICC is assigned to a transceiver and paired together. Users may not simply pop a UICC out of one device and use it immediately in another device. This is known as ?pop and swap?. Sprint specifically activates and checks for the paired equipment when connecting to the Sprint network.

koertje1

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I've tried this three times and still had no luck with a knowledgeable rep. First, was that Sprint devices don't need SIM cards. The other two both said that because the device isn't in their system and won't be until the 8th, they are not able to send any out. That S4GRU tactic seems to work for some right away, but you may need some patience to actually get someone with a little knowledge.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Crazy... Local Sprint and I even asked the guys at Best Buy had no clue... Figure it out when the phone arrives I guess.... Really good way to force me to switch away from Sprint.. I'm out of contract so not having the SIM handy in their store and forcing me to jump through too many hoops could have me testing the waters of other carriers to see what they offer..

choclab1

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
That's my next step. Once the phone arrives I'll go to the sprint store. If they can get me set up I'm going to tell them I'll walk right across the street and buy an ATT Sim. Well see how far that gets me.lololo

Posted via Android Central App on New Nexus 7

zackmack7

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
So when you purchase the phone from the Google Play store and have it activated, does Sprint make you sign a new 2-yr agreement?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks