Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 673
Like Tree262Likes
  1. #51  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,704 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chetan Takyar View Post
    Need the global one. I can only get one imported from the USD:

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'd suggest posting a WTB in the marketplace with the requirements.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

    Thanked by:
  2. #52  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I'd suggest posting a WTB in the marketplace with the requirements.
    I wish. But my parents don't trust. I'll find a way.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    I honestly think we have passed the point where [insert Android phone here] is better than the iPhone in 2011, maybe 2010. At this point in time, its just a continuation of some Android greatness. I see some reviews, reviewers still try and compare Android to the iPhone, buts its becoming pointless now.

    What I have seen over the past few years is some review, reviewers comparing the iPhone to Android. Or like putting some Android phone as the top phone and the iPhone striving to compete with it. I agree with those that say its all preference and its just great to have so many good choices out there, not just Android but the iPhone, WP, BB too. At one time it was the iPhone, a few Win Mo and BB phones as choices for a decent handset.

    I just hope Google continues its path, and use Blackberry, Palm and Microsoft as examples of what NOT to do.
    quicksilver53 and Haalcyon like this.
  4. #54  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Ahh, the big debate, my smart phone is better then your smart phone.
  5. #55  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,732 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeySoft001 View Post
    Ahh, the big debate, my smart phone is better then your smart phone.
    It's currently the most important debate in the world.
    Live long and prosper.


  6. #56  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by jroc View Post

    I just hope Google continues its path, and use Blackberry, Palm and Microsoft as examples of what NOT to do.
    And what are the "nots"?

    @T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510
  7. #57  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,704 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    And what are the "nots"?

    @T-Mobile GN3
    I'd venture that one of them is single platform apps with poor or nonexistent support for industry standard or industry leader versions. Also, announcing 18 months in advance that you're not going to support just released devices with future OS updates is a poor plan It might be true that the plan is exactly that, but it discourages potential buyers when they hear that.

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

    Thanked by:
    jroc 
  8. #58  
    AaronM1's Avatar

    Posts
    38 Posts
    ROM
    Stock Android 4.4 KitKat

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    But if you're already enrolled into Apple's ecosystem, the iPhone is by far the better phone, if you're into Google then Android is the obvious pick. I don't want an iPhone, but as the Chromebook and Nexus tablets aren't suited to my needs as a student, I have a Late-2013 iMac and an iPad 2 instead with a N5 alongside, sure I'm an Apple fan and believe me it's a pain but I'd have the N5 over an iPhone any day.
    Thanked by:
    Mr.Willie likes this.
  9. #59  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    It's currently the most important debate in the world.
    lol, but you didn't say your smartphone is better then mine. So mine must be better.
  10. #60  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,732 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeySoft001 View Post
    lol, but you didn't say your smartphone is better then mine. So mine must be better.
    I can certainly live with that.
    Live long and prosper.


    Thanked by:
  11. #61  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronM1 View Post
    But if you're already enrolled into Apple's ecosystem, the iPhone is by far the better phone, if you're into Google then Android is the obvious pick.
    That's quite sad, with two options, plus Microsoft.

    I would hope more independent mobile OSes flourish. Preferably sooner Rather Than later.

    @T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510
  12. #62  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    What surprises me is someone I know who has numerous eye problems got an iPhone recently. We were talking and I mentioned I read books on my phone. She was surprised (because she'd only recently gotten her iPhone and hadn't played with it much yet). Then she said, "I can't read small type!" The thing is, if she'd gotten a Note, or a G2, etc, it isn't much smaller than a book and she could adjust the font size. But she doesn't read up about phones so she doesn't know that. IPhones get customers who know less, in my opinion. They think it's the best phone out there when it may not at all be the best device for them.

    Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    Shilohcane likes this.
  13. #63  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    And I don't completely agree that what you grow up with is easier. I grew up with rotary dial landlines.

    Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
  14. #64  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    IPhones get customers who know less, in my opinion. They think it's the best phone out there when it may not at all be the best device for them.

    Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    That's the power of fashionizing of the brand. To be honest, I see Google on that path too. How many people here head first got N5 without reading any reviews? Like. .. all?

    I give credit to Google for selling these for cheap, but people need to understand Google is basically using every user as an potential ad machine. Which is fine for many, i guess.

    @T-Mobile GN3
    3200->Centro-->Pre-->Pre2-->HOX/N4-->GN3
    Palm T|X-->Transformer-->Galaxy Tab 7.7-->iconia w510
  15. #65  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's the power of fashionizing of the brand. To be honest, I see Google on that path too. How many people here head first got N5 without reading any reviews? Like. .. all?

    I give credit to Google for selling these for cheap, but people need to understand Google is basically using every user as an potential ad machine. Which is fine for many, i guess.

    @T-Mobile GN3
    I agree, and of course I'm one of those who bought an N5 before reading reviews.

    I dislike Google's effortless capitulation to NSA spying. I'm not a rabid fan of Google or Apple but Android offers a lot more variety in devices. I like plain Android better than extreme bloatware and the price is good. However I really do like lg's more minimal skinning on my Optimus F7. There's a bit more on Q-slide than I use but what I do use I appreciate. So for me, I'd have been happy getting an Optimus G/G Pro too, if I'd known the price had gone down. When I was phone looking in September the price was still over $500 on Amazon.

    Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
  16. #66  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,732 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    I agree, and of course I'm one of those who bought an N5 before reading reviews.

    I dislike Google's effortless capitulation to NSA spying. I'm not a rabid fan of Google or Apple but Android offers a lot more variety in devices. I like plain Android better than extreme bloatware and the price is good. However I really do like lg's more minimal skinning on my Optimus F7. There's a bit more on Q-slide than I use but what I do use I appreciate. So for me, I'd have been happy getting an Optimus G/G Pro too, if I'd known the price had gone down. When I was phone looking in September the price was still over $500 on Amazon.

    Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    I don't know, I kind of think of stock Android like a salad with no dressing. Some people like flavor.
    Last edited by Haalcyon; 11-03-2013 at 07:56 AM.
    Live long and prosper.


    Mr.Willie and mrsmumbles like this.
  17. #67  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    What surprises me is someone I know who has numerous eye problems got an iPhone recently. We were talking and I mentioned I read books on my phone. She was surprised (because she'd only recently gotten her iPhone and hadn't played with it much yet). Then she said, "I can't read small type!" The thing is, if she'd gotten a Note, or a G2, etc, it isn't much smaller than a book and she could adjust the font size. But she doesn't read up about phones so she doesn't know that. IPhones get customers who know less, in my opinion. They think it's the best phone out there when it may not at all be the best device for them.

    Sent from my C5170 via Tapatalk 2
    Or some people rather read on a 7/8/10 inch tablet.
  18. #68  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by AaronM1 View Post
    But if you're already enrolled into Apple's ecosystem, the iPhone is by far the better phone, if you're into Google then Android is the obvious pick. I don't want an iPhone, but as the Chromebook and Nexus tablets aren't suited to my needs as a student, I have a Late-2013 iMac and an iPad 2 instead with a N5 alongside, sure I'm an Apple fan and believe me it's a pain but I'd have the N5 over an iPhone any day.
    I use an iPad 4 and an HTC One. Of course my iMac is a little older (08), I am waiting on the new pro. I just wish there was a Photo Stream app for Android.
  19. #69  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    5,704 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,743 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Haalcyon View Post
    I don't know, I kind of think of stock Android like a salad with no dressing. Some people like flavor.
    I kinda think of it as awesome <3 choices

    ​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

    Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

    Thanked by:
    jroc and mrsmumbles like this.
  20. #70  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,732 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by NothingIsTrue View Post
    I kinda think of it as awesome <3 choices
    Some like their salads flavor-free. Nothing wrong with that at all for them.

    from a '14 Note 10.1
    Live long and prosper.


    mrsmumbles likes this.
  21. #71  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Even though they continue to sell, I think it is a shame that Apple doesn't offer a larger screen option.

    I wanted something with an A7 processor so I have an iPad air coming in on Tuesday but there was no way I am going to go back to a 4 inch screen for a phone.

    Sure there are rumors of a 5 inch iPhone coming in but Apple has been on a yearly cycle when it comes to phones.

    At the same time with Benchmarks the A7 is incredibly fast but nobody is going to notice. That is were we are at with the current state of Android and IOS.

    And it is all incredibly boring.
  22. #72  
    Haalcyon's Avatar

    Posts
    5,732 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,214 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 10.2

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Farish View Post
    Even though they continue to sell, I think it is a shame that Apple doesn't offer a larger screen option.

    I wanted something with an A7 processor so I have an iPad air coming in on Tuesday but there was no way I am going to go back to a 4 inch screen for a phone.

    Sure there are rumors of a 5 inch iPhone coming in but Apple has been on a yearly cycle when it comes to phones.

    At the same time with Benchmarks the A7 is incredibly fast but nobody is going to notice. That is were we are at with the current state of Android and IOS.

    And it is all incredibly boring.
    ...but in Apple's eyes they do offer a bigger screen option. Two of them in fact. Now the fact that you can't as easily place voice calls on those two options is annoying to some. Some want an iPhone phablet or at least 5" on their phones. Only the future will tell with Steve not actively dismissing it. iOS and it's not-Androidness would likely molest the experience no matter what size screen it had.

    from a '14 Note 10.1
    Live long and prosper.


  23. #73  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's the power of fashionizing of the brand. To be honest, I see Google on that path too. How many people here head first got N5 without reading any reviews? Like. .. all?

    I give credit to Google for selling these for cheap, but people need to understand Google is basically using every user as an potential ad machine. Which is fine for many, i guess.

    @T-Mobile GN3
    I'm one that bought the Nexus 5 without looking at any reviews, or even the specs. There are many reasons I no longer look at the reviews of the devices before I buy them now. One is some of them are flat-out wrong, such as the half-day battery life on the Galaxy Gear. The second reason is that reviewers care about different things than I do, such as camera quality and call quality (virtually meaningless to me).

    The third reason is that I have used devices from many OEMs now. I somewhat know what to expect from them based on the past devices that I have used. Once I see the launch presentation to inform me of new features, I have a pretty good idea of whether or not I want the device. The fourth reason is that I care about little details such as interoperability of similar devices (S4 and Note 3). Most reviewers don't cater to people who are using both devices at the same time. The last reason that I'll mention here is that I use many apps to enhance the functionality of phones, so the out-of-the-box review state doesn't matter as much to me.

    As far as being used by Google, every business is using me for my money, both current and future. Google's method may be slightly different, but this method helps me more than Apple's, Microsoft's or BlackBerry's.
    Haalcyon likes this.
  24. #74  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    I have the iPhone 5S, Moto X, Samsung Galaxy S4 and soon to be Nexus 5. Why limit yourself or say one is better than the other? Have both and enjoy what each platform has to offer.


    Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk HD
  25. #75  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 is better than the iPhone.

    I never said one is better than the other although, if I did, I would think you guys could figure out which one I prefer. I just never understood the argument that the iPhone is easier to use.

    Yes, I know the control center addresses some of their issue. I think that's another point for Android because from the beginning the argument has always been iOS is easier to use.

    Posted via Android Central App
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Acase Superleggera Hybrid Case for Nexus 5
    By Nexus4 in forum Nexus 5 Accessories
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2013, 08:12 PM
  2. pop up apps of the week
    By Nicole36 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 08:15 AM
  3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Trade in for the Note 10.1-2014?
    By xXAliXLuvXx in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2013, 06:39 AM
  4. Canada's Rogers thinks they know what a Nexus 5 looks like
    By jambamochi in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 06:05 PM
  5. video info on the Note
    By fm123 in forum NVIDIA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-02-2013, 05:23 PM

Posting Permissions

B