Exchange ActiveSync on Nexus devices
Now that I have my tracking number for my N5, I wanted to find out how the email experience is with Exchange ActiveSync accounts...do current vanilla Android builds integrate activesync email, contacts, calendar and tasks into the main framework the same as it would with Gmail accounts? For example, does the dialer list and search EAS contacts; calendar reminders and Google Now info based on EAS calendar items and email? My two main accounts are activesync, one Exchange account for work and an Outlook.com account for personal. Currently using a BlackBerry Q10, but had an SGS2 up until about a year ago with a custom JB ROM without Google Now.
- 11-02-2013, 12:58 PM #2
Re: Exchange ActiveSync on Nexus devices
yes there are two Google email apps included with stock Android - one of course is "Gmail" and the other one is called "Email". the "Email" app will support just about anything - including EAS for Mail, Calendar, Contacts.
- 11-02-2013, 08:02 PM #3
- By Nychotxxx in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 3Replies: 9Last Post: 11-05-2013, 09:16 PM
- By Vaas in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 9Last Post: 11-03-2013, 08:36 PM
- By Zendroid1 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 7Last Post: 11-02-2013, 03:29 PM
- By Rickosw in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2013)Replies: 0Last Post: 11-02-2013, 11:57 AM
- By Luna Kinney in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 0Last Post: 11-02-2013, 11:20 AM