Nexus 5 - White or Black?

White or Black Nexus 5?

• Total voters

schnoid

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
I've seen the pictures... I"ve seen the reviews... I want the phone... but what color do I get? White or Black? My head tells me I should just buy the black and be safe, but I kinda like the idea of finally having a phone that looks different than everyone else's. I know it's a preference thing, but I'm just wondering, a) is a white nexus really going to get dirty easily, b) are there any pictures/video online of a real deal white Nexus 5 to judge what it looks in real life?

I don't plan on putting a case on my phone. I currently have a Galaxy S2 which I've never put a case on, and I'm perfectly happy with it being light and thin.

Any thoughts?

Lisa Driscoll

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I tossed it around a bit getting a white and black one. But really I decided I was not a huge fan of the half and half. And I don't like phones with white bezels - the black makes the screen look so much better. Also I'm curious how a white phone looks in a year or so. Do they yellow and do they scuff? My mom has a white S2 which has been in a case from day one and it looks okay. Truly if you are putting a case on it, it matters a lot less what color it is. If my first choice of black was sold out - I would have gotten a white one and not cared.

pespule

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't get why they didn't make the phone all white. Are they afraid Apple is going to sue them if they do? Chances are, most people are going to get a case for the phone. The case will most likely cover the back. So at that point there's literally no difference.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Black. The white would have been nice if the see sides were white. Then the buttons ad camr were silver sort like previous nexus phones. Also if didn't have have case for my phone because my job then I would look like a white.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I went black on the nexus 4 and now I'm going white. Just wanted a little change even though, yes I'll be getting a case

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

AaronM1

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I prefer black, all my devices (phones & tablets) have been black. Also, Carphone Warehouse only had the black model in stock! :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Marck527

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Bought the white because in my eyes, it looked better. Go with what you think looks best.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Depends on if you plan on using a case or not. I plan to get either the bumper or the flip case. I got black. Plus I didn't like the tuxedo look of the white.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Ive wanted a white phone for years but I decided on black because as other people are saying, there is no point when only the back is white and its going to be covered by a case (for me) anyway.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I kind of love the half and half. I was 98% sure I was going to order the white, but I noticed the white speaker grill and I found that to be odd and ruined the look of the front. So I went black.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I tossed it around a bit getting a white and black one. But really I decided I was not a huge fan of the half and half. And I don't like phones with white bezels - the black makes the screen look so much better. Also I'm curious how a white phone looks in a year or so. Do they yellow and do they scuff? My mom has a white S2 which has been in a case from day one and it looks okay. Truly if you are putting a case on it, it matters a lot less what color it is. If my first choice of black was sold out - I would have gotten a white one and not cared.

The bezel portion is still black on the white model.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

Lisa Driscoll

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I guess you could argue it doesn't matter if you get a black one because you are just going to put it in a case. LOL - This is why they make both versions - and all sorts of colors in other phones as well - to each their own.

Really I struggle with the to case or not to case issue. I did not have a case on my current (and first) phone for over a year. THEN I dropped it and it got a huge dent in it :( So I think some protection isn't a bad thing. I just hate they really ruin the feel of the phone and bulk it up. Even the super thin cases give bulk and make the phone feel different.

ManInTheBox10

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm a contractor, so I almost have no choice but to have a damn good case on mine. Regardless I'm still struggling on whether to get the white or not even though I'll probably never see it. I used to hate white phones but this ones starting to grow on me. It reminds me a bit of the white HTC One X and the white/black look would match the decor in my apartment nicely. But the black is so sleek and sexy...

Posted via Android Central App

DSWR

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought white and wish I had black:\ can't cancel my order til I get it... I don't really want to send it back to get a black one either:(

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the pictures... I"ve seen the reviews... I want the phone... but what color do I get? White or Black? My head tells me I should just buy the black and be safe, but I kinda like the idea of finally having a phone that looks different than everyone else's. I know it's a preference thing, but I'm just wondering, a) is a white nexus really going to get dirty easily, b) are there any pictures/video online of a real deal white Nexus 5 to judge what it looks in real life?

I don't plan on putting a case on my phone. I currently have a Galaxy S2 which I've never put a case on, and I'm perfectly happy with it being light and thin.

Any thoughts?

I went Oreo! :) Bought the Spigen case with the transparent back. Loved that case on my N4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt