Ebayer Gave Me the Nexus 5 shaft....

xyzlene

Oct 30, 2010
Visit site
Hello all,

Selling N5 16 gig N.I.B. Arrives this Wednesday. Selling at Cost. Ebay winner had a change of heart. I could have filed a case, but did not want to deal with the drama...

I purchased two to break even. Contact me if you reside in N.Y.C.

Thanks guys,

Jacob - you can check my ebay rating under the name xyzlene... just want to break even here, and perhaps help someone out.. be well!!!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

Selling N5 16 gig N.I.B. Arrives this Wednesday. Selling at Cost. Ebay winner had a change of heart. I could have filed a case, but did not want to deal with the drama...

I purchased two to break even. Contact me if you reside in N.Y.C.

Thanks guys,

Jacob - you can check my ebay rating under the name xyzlene... just want to break even here, and perhaps help someone out.. be well!!!!
You should post this in the Marketplace...with photos too.

I think it'll go pretty durned quick. People who don't even know what a Nexus 5 is want one.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
SWAPPA.com is also a place you can sell them with less in fees than ebay. I have sold two devices on there in the last few weeks with no issues.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
?1 on swappa, ill never sell a phone on eBay again, they charge $10 flat fee for selling something, plus people on there know what they want

Posted via Android Central App

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Craigslist. No fees. Straight cash. And you meet the buyer in person so the odds of getting scammed are considerably lower.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Had a gun put to my head and made to beg for my life a year ago meeting someone on craigslist, nice kid in a really nice quite little town, the last place you would think it would happen, thankfully he got caught that night due to my description and people from the town recognizing who I was talking about, he got 6 years no early release, I was even on the local news lol

Swappa is the best and safest bet, and only $10 selling fee, craigslist is a risk that can go wrong, I've bout hundreds of phones off CL and never had an issue, it just takes that one person

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Had a gun put to my head and made to beg for my life a year ago meeting someone on craigslist, nice kid in a really nice quite little town, the last place you would think it would happen, thankfully he got caught that night due to my description and people from the town recognizing who I was talking about, he got 6 years no early release, I was even on the local news lol

Swappa is the best and safest bet, and only $10 selling fee, craigslist is a risk that can go wrong, I've bout hundreds of phones off CL and never had an issue, it just takes that one person

That's crazy!! I do craigslist all the time but I meet at a mall of Barnes and noble. Sorry that happened to you. Agreed on swappa though. That's always my back up place.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol. I've used Craigslist a lot. I've even had folks come to my home to pick-up larger items. Never been stabbed, at least I don't think so. I would know wouldn't I?

Note 8.0

Well I didn't say the odds were 100%. :p

I've used CL more than a few times. I wouldn't ever have someone meet at my house tbh but I have picked up a few items from others house. I don't treat everyone like a criminal but it's important to protect yourself, not everyone is an outstanding citizen like everyone on this forum. :)

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Everyone knows Craigslist is a wonderful place to have anonymous sex. However, buying and selling stuff there is just too dangerous.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Every time I sell on craigslist I have the buyer meet me at work so there's plenty of people around. Always paranoid someone might try to pull some ****.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I vote for swappable over Ebay and CL. Buyer pays the $10 fee. You do loose a bit for PayPal fee but your services usually sell quicker. I've sold four phones on there.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer