For people who went from the HTC One to the Nexus 5, what are your thoughts?

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I'll post tomorrow, I'll get mine at about noon EST I've had 3 HTC ones and they have been my favorite phone so far

Posted via Android Central App

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'll let you know once my N5 arrives on Tuesday and I get to mess with it for a day.

But I can say that these past 7 months with my HTC One have probably been my best phone experience of my life. It is a bitter sweet goodbye. lol

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'll let you know once my N5 arrives on Tuesday and I get to mess with it for a day.

But I can say that these past 7 months with my HTC One have probably been my best phone experience of my life. It is a bitter sweet goodbye. lol

Yeah I really do love the HTC One. Maybe I made a mistake, maybe I didn't, but I just bought an HTC one off eBay in like new condition for 335 including shipping. Also comes with a case. The thing that got me to stay was the sound. No matter how much ram,GHz, or the latest and greatest snapdragon chip, you can't replace the sound. The thing I'm the most jealous of is Google now being on the home screen.

The reason I was thinking about the nexus was because I have had my HTC for about a month and from the day I got it, I've had issues with the seller not including what he said he would include with the phone and then he lied and said he would send it to me. 3 weeks later and I'm awaiting eBay to give me the thumbs up to return it. I had the nexus 5 in my cart and then I was like " leaves in 3-4 weeks, I'm too impatient."

Thanks by the way!

mamartin89

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I really do love the HTC One. Maybe I made a mistake, maybe I didn't, but I just bought an HTC one off eBay in like new condition for 335 including shipping. Also comes with a case. The thing that got me to stay was the sound. No matter how much ram,GHz, or the latest and greatest snapdragon chip, you can't replace the sound. The thing I'm the most jealous of is Google now being on the home screen.

The reason I was thinking about the nexus was because I have had my HTC for about a month and from the day I got it, I've had issues with the seller not including what he said he would include with the phone and then he lied and said he would send it to me. 3 weeks later and I'm awaiting eBay to give me the thumbs up to return it. I had the nexus 5 in my cart and then I was like " leaves in 3-4 weeks, I'm too impatient."

Thanks by the way!

That sucks :( sorry to hear that he didn't give you what was expected. I hope it works out.

I ordered my N5 and it told me 2-3 weeks, but I got an email this morning telling me that it shipped and would be here on Tuesday. I was pleasantly surprised :D

Posted via Nexus 7 Android Central App

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
That sucks :( sorry to hear that he didn't give you what was expected. I hope it works out.

I ordered my N5 and it told me 2-3 weeks, but I got an email this morning telling me that it shipped and would be here on Tuesday. I was pleasantly surprised :D

When did you order?

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Wow nice man. Had I known that was a possibility, I would have considered the nexus 5 even more.

tim3477

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Been using 5 over weekend since got it on Friday.

Initial impressions from one.

The build quality on one is top. Then again the n5 is not rubbish it's just different. But still very well made. Just different materials.

One speakers are in a league of their own. No comparison.

Camera on n5 is good hardware but google stock android app really needs improving its as far as I can tell that might make it a negative for some people. For first time in a long while got a good camera but needs better software.

Screen. When comparing with the one buttons it's close but when we get full screen android apps will be different.

Overall for the price the n5 is worth it I think. Imo google chose the right hardware compromises for the price.

Should you swap from the one?

As an all rounder think HTC made a very good phone that many people won't feel the need to change.

But if your into the stock nexus experience the n5 is very good value.

Depends on your needs and requirements.

stepaul8

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Been using 5 over weekend since got it on Friday.

Initial impressions from one.

The build quality on one is top. Then again the n5 is not rubbish it's just different. But still very well made. Just different materials.

One speakers are in a league of their own. No comparison.

Camera on n5 is good hardware but google stock android app really needs improving its as far as I can tell that might make it a negative for some people. For first time in a long while got a good camera but needs better software.

Screen. When comparing with the one buttons it's close but when we get full screen android apps will be different.

Overall for the price the n5 is worth it I think. Imo google chose the right hardware compromises for the price.

Should you swap from the one?

As an all rounder think HTC made a very good phone that many people won't feel the need to change.

But if your into the stock nexus experience the n5 is very good value.

Depends on your needs and requirements.

Thanks for the reply. A lot of good points. I have never used stock android but for me I feel like sense is pretty similar from what I have seen (minus blinkfeed). You might be better off in the long run with the nexus. I just love the speakers so much I had to keep them lol

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
So had it for an hour now. Quick couple things I notice.

Screen: HTC has whiter whites. No doubt. But still a very nice screen with no pixelation on N5. Brightness is about the same unless you're on a white screen, then the One is brighter.

Speakers: yes its a major difference. HTC one is louder and clearer. No surprise. That said, the N5 doesn't seem to be too tinny.

Volume/power buttons: much more pronounced and raised on N5. Power on the right, volume on left. Wish the power button was slightly lower, however. But I still like it on the side.

Size: seems slightly easier to hold and smaller than my girlfriends s4 (5 inch screen) and just a little wider than the One. Really not too big of a difference IMO. Height is about the same if not a mm smaller.

Performance: it really is faster than my one. This thing is faster. Period. The play store for example is much more fluid and backing out of apps is noticeably quicker. Loading apps is also a bit quicker in some cases.

Camera: I'm not a professional. I am not too picky. It'll do fine for me and I know this already with 2 pictures. I don't care too much about it. One thing that you can do with the N5 that you can't really do with the one is ZOOM!!!! That's the one thing with the One that bugged me most with only 4 megapixels. So there's that.

Software: I love stock android and I really liked sense. That said, my HTC one was running a Google play edition ROM and I don't miss sense. There may be a few features from sense that you'll miss but kit Kat is REALLY nice. Seriously.

I think that'll be all for now. Battery I'm not going to touch on right now. Everything is my opinion. If someone else disagrees, good for you. That's your opinion. So far, I really like this phone and hopefully I'll love it just like my one.

One last thing, I'm not a big fan of the updated keyboard. Its the same style but the secondary keys are rearranged differently and the text prediction/auto correct doesn't seem as good as the previous Google keyboard. I'm going to track down the previous version and use that.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the update. Can't wait to get mine. I'll use SwiftKey anyways.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

mattjopete

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it will just take a while to learn your habits so it can predict better?
So had it for an hour now. Quick couple things I notice.

Screen: HTC has whiter whites. No doubt. But still a very nice screen with no pixelation on N5. Brightness is about the same unless you're on a white screen, then the One is brighter.

Speakers: yes its a major difference. HTC one is louder and clearer. No surprise. That said, the N5 doesn't seem to be too tinny.

Volume/power buttons: much more pronounced and raised on N5. Power on the right, volume on left. Wish the power button was slightly lower, however. But I still like it on the side.

Size: seems slightly easier to hold and smaller than my girlfriends s4 (5 inch screen) and just a little wider than the One. Really not too big of a difference IMO. Height is about the same if not a mm smaller.

Performance: it really is faster than my one. This thing is faster. Period. The play store for example is much more fluid and backing out of apps is noticeably quicker. Loading apps is also a bit quicker in some cases.

Camera: I'm not a professional. I am not too picky. It'll do fine for me and I know this already with 2 pictures. I don't care too much about it. One thing that you can do with the N5 that you can't really do with the one is ZOOM!!!! That's the one thing with the One that bugged me most with only 4 megapixels. So there's that.

Software: I love stock android and I really liked sense. That said, my HTC one was running a Google play edition ROM and I don't miss sense. There may be a few features from sense that you'll miss but kit Kat is REALLY nice. Seriously.

I think that'll be all for now. Battery I'm not going to touch on right now. Everything is my opinion. If someone else disagrees, good for you. That's your opinion. So far, I really like this phone and hopefully I'll love it just like my one.

One last thing, I'm not a big fan of the updated keyboard. Its the same style but the secondary keys are rearranged differently and the text prediction/auto correct doesn't seem as good as the previous Google keyboard. I'm going to track down the previous version and use that.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it will just take a while to learn your habits so it can predict better?

Well I've been using it for a couple days on my One up until today and even with that it didn't feel as good. But that is just me. Another thing that is really bugging me is I can't receive any MMS's. Not in hangouts or any other texting app. Idk if there's something wrong with the APNs or what.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1