SquareTrade Protection Plan

turtleparadise

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I have no experience buying protection outside of a carrier. You can buy 2 years of coverage for $125 and it looks like it covers everything except lost and stolen.

What's the claim process like?
Is there a better company to buy protection from?
Any input would be appreciated.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have no experience buying protection outside of a carrier. You can buy 2 years of coverage for $125 and it looks like it covers everything except lost and stolen.

I haven't used them personally but they get great reviews and from what I've read online there rly isn't a better company to insure through. They also usually have coupons that are sent out that if you search slickdeals or Google for the codes you can probably get 30% off the coverage.

I haven't used insurance in years tbh. I'm pretty careful with my phones but also when you consider the $125 or so price plus the $99 deductible, you're getting close to being able to buy a new N5 at that point.

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I was going to get SquareTrade but on top of $125.00 you have to pay $99 for deductible. Thats about $225.00. I may go with their one yr protection plan for $69.99. I finally had to use them to fix my Zenbook and the process was very smooth.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I used SquareTrade when my PS3 died. It was processed quickly and I was able to get a new PS3 out of it quickly.

GoBigRed79

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

First off I would do some google searches for coupon codes, I think they are pretty easy to find and can bring the price down to around $100. They are a good company. My wife shattered her iPhone and within 48 hrs of doing the claim online she had a refurb delivered to our door.

Second, is insurance for a $350 device really needed? I guess I don't see the value in paying $100 - $125 for the insurance and then a $99 deductible for the claim when you can buy a brand new one for $350 or find a used one online for even less. Paying at least $200 for basically $150 in coverage is not too smart in my opinion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20