Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Rule9
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

Default Your joy ends now

That small interlude where you HTC One and S4 owners gleefully abused smartphone comparisons by pitting your 2013 phones against a 2012 Nexus 4? I hope you enjoyed your brief lack of understanding of what a calendar is, because the N5 rides you like a cheap circus pony now in the same calendar year.

Eat the jelly! Nom nom nom

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Brady KEITH and jairusz like this.

Default Re: Your joy ends now

Quote Originally Posted by Rule9 View Post
    That small interlude where you HTC One and S4 owners gleefully abused smartphone comparisons by pitting your 2013 phones against a 2012 Nexus 4? I hope you enjoyed your brief lack of understanding of what a calendar is, because the N5 rides you like a cheap circus pony now in the same calendar year.

To be fair that was the Nexus phone available at the time of comparison. All Nexus 5 specs were leaked nothing was official.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    Banned

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheDroidKid View Post
    To be fair that was the Nexus phone available at the time of comparison. All Nexus 5 specs were leaked nothing was official.
    It's double jeapordy. They'll compare the n5 to the s4 now and then next spring they're going to do it again vs the s5.

Note how few comparisons there were between the One X and S4 compared to the n4 and s4. Both the One X and n4 were 2012

It's double jeapordy. They'll compare the n5 to the s4 now and then next spring they're going to do it again vs the s5.

Note how few comparisons there were between the One X and S4 compared to the n4 and s4. Both the One X and n4 were 2012

Totally understandable makes sense.

Hilarious! Not bitter are we?

Sent from my Nexus 7
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    Banned

Global Posts
    871 Global Posts

If enjoying the karma equals bitter in your world

That'll all change next spring.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

If enjoying the karma equals bitter in your world

My nexus 5 arrives tomorrow. My karma must be good!

Sent from my Moto X!

Global Posts
    11,131 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Assassin 'Droid

I have three comments:

1. I think we could have framed this with more respect.... lets try to keep everything nice and fun.

2. I think a large part of the choir you are preaching too thought the Nexus 4 was a heavy contender with those two devices anyways. In that sense, it was perfectly valid, because in a lot of comparisons, The One or Nexus was winning 1st with the other in 2nd, usually followed by the Optimus G Pro. In the unofficial top 10 lists, the S4 fell out of the top 5 very quickly while both the One (still in the top 5) and Nexus 4 (remained there until Q3, finally being pushed out fully by the Moto X, LG G2 and iPhone 5s) are both still in the top 10.

3. It's no secret that the Q3/Q4 devices pretty much always own the earlier devices and we haven't had a Nexus yet that wasn't the king of it's niche on release day. Unless all phones are released simultaneously, we're always going to have this issue, and the best comparisons that can be made are to existing stock, because the accuracy of our rumor mills is TERRIBLE! lol

lol! sweet post, and excellent title...good work OP!

LOL not sure why I am commenting on such a silly thread but I will bite. I would hardly say it rides the S4 and ONE like a "cheap circus pony". The ONE has amazing build materials, great sound quality (not even close to being matched by any other device), the option of a fully supported build of stock android directly from Google, and a minimum storage option of 32gb. With the S4 you have the option to expand the memory as well as a bigger battery and a ton of accessories options as well as also having a fully supported build of stock android directly from Google.

Yes the N5 has a new processor and is most likely a more powerful device, but there is no reason to start a pissing contest just because you have a shiny new toy.