Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can sprint activate the 32gb nexus 5?

Any success out there ? If not is it just a matter of time or a no go you think? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Default Re: Can sprint activate the 32gb nexus 5?

They told me Friday.

This was posted by a member on another forum:

Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

At this time, we are only supporting the 16GB Nexus 5. The system is/will not recognize the serial number for any device outside of that. I deeply do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. www.sprint.com/newsroon is a great place to stay on top of updates, should there be any.

Zena

Social Care Team

I can't activate my 32gb, as the system says it is not a valid MEID.

Conflicting info from Sprint as usual. https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/671427

RLCOLLECTOR68 wrote:

All,

The 32GB version from Google Play Store can be activated online with Sprint or through our Sprint Chat team. Activation does require a UICC card (some call it a SIM card) obtained from a Sprint retail store at no charge. If the Sprint store has not received their shipment of UICC cards, our Sprint World Wide team can order one for you through our Chat option or calling into Care.

Steps to activate online:

Insert your UICC card and follow the prompts online to swap to your Google Nexus 5.
    Manage My Sprint> Activate a new phone> Enter new device> In the Device code enter the IMEI and leave off the last IMEI digit. If all the digits are entered an error will be generated.

Please send me a Private Message with your IMEI and phone number if an error message is generated after following the above steps.

Thanks,
    Blue

I've read that you cannot activate any N5 till the 9th when they actually start to sell them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMilander View Post
    I've read that you cannot activate any N5 till the 9th when they actually start to sell them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Incorrect. 16gb activate without issue.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

This is a bunch of BS.....

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

It would be great if AC would reach out to Sprint to get us a definitive answer.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts
    ROM
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Android

That just seems ridiculous and odd, You can activate a 16GB but not a 32. I get that maybe Google/LG didn't provide them all the IMEIs but seriously the size of the device shouldn't make a difference.

Global Posts
    6,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by Goodeye View Post
    That just seems ridiculous and odd, You can activate a 16GB but not a 32. I get that maybe Google/LG didn't provide them all the IMEIs but seriously the size of the device shouldn't make a difference.
    This ^^^

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Quote Originally Posted by bunsen View Post
    It would be great if AC would reach out to Sprint to get us a definitive answer.

How could we convince them to do that for us? Obviously it's going to be easier for them to get a real answer than us running around to low-level reps.

Global Posts
    6,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

Quote Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
    How could we convince them to do that for us? Obviously it's going to be easier for them to get a real answer than us running around to low-level reps.
    Send an email or PM to them.

Sent From My Galaxy Tab 3
    If I'm very clever, and I'm more than clever, I'm brilliant! I might just save the World, or rip it apart!

Global Posts
    85 Global Posts

I sent Phil, AC, & Sprint a tweet regarding this last night. No response yet. I'm hoping someone at least acknowledges the situation, but I'm not holding my breath. Tweets can easily be overlooked.

Quote Originally Posted by took2089 View Post
    Any success out there ? If not is it just a matter of time or a no go you think? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I got mine up and running (32 gig play store device) I had to call customer support and they had to open a ticket with my IMEI # to get it accepted in Sprints system.. They did that last night around 5:30 pm central time.... This morning after I got to work I went to Sprint.com and followed the steps to activate a new device and after I entered my IMEI it asked for the ICCID (SIM Card) number and then said click to chat/complete your activation... The chat rep asked a few questions and in 5 minutes I was up and running.... It's working perfectly now...
    Thanked by 2:

I can now activate my 32gb as Sprint recognizes the MEID (yesterday it said it was invalid). Too bad I still don't have a sim card...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I can now activate my 32gb as Sprint recognizes the MEID (yesterday it said it was invalid). Too bad I still don't have a sim card...
    My local Sprint store here in Texas had plenty of them... There is no Nexus 5 specific card.... They had them laying around and they gave me one free...

I'm going to try the store today. I called yesterday and they said no, but I think the employees think the Nexus 5 needs a "special Nexus sim"

Global Posts
    6,004 Global Posts
    ROM
    None

I'm going to try the store today. I called yesterday and they said no, but I think the employees think the Nexus 5 needs a "special Nexus sim"
    Hahaha...
    Yea, many of those employees are just clueless! :banghead:

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

they do. it wasnt till i called back with the uicc sku number that they finally admitted they have them in stock

I was able to get one today, good thing I had the SKU as at first they said they hadn't received their shipment of "Nexus sims yet"

I was able to get one today, good thing I had the SKU as at first they said they hadn't received their shipment of "Nexus sims yet"
    yup. then you give them the sku and they magically appear to be in stock

Yup, the trick is just finding an employee willing to listen and not assume you are a "dumb customer".

Yeah, I called several stores and was told in a friendly manner by some and a more hostile manner by others that they don't have any in stock yet. A couple stores said I need a CDMA phone for Sprint... Anyway, I just used the online chat support at sprint.com and they sent me one. It seems the chat support people know what you need and will send one out. You can pay an extra $13 if you want it overnight or else the standard 3-5 day shipping is free.

Hopefully they iron this out with the Nexus 6 or whatever it is called. I wish Google would have had the option to ship the phone with one included. It would have saved a lot of the hassle. Apparently if you have an HTC One or GS4 that sim will work as well but obviously a lot of us don't have those phones. My guess is the next nexus phone will use a nano sim or whatever and we'll get to do this all over again.

If I had the information provided here and the sku I would have approached the situation differently and just gone to the store with the sku instead of calling and trying to get a sales person to understand but unfortunately I didn't know so I ended up having one sent to me.

Just activated my white 32gb Nexus 5. The advice earlier to not enter the last digit of the IMEI was accurate. After I went through the online activation, I had to chat with a service rep to complete, but I'm all set now. Hope this helps.
    STARGATE likes this.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by GaTNexus View Post
    Just activated my white 32gb Nexus 5. The advice earlier to not enter the last digit of the IMEI was accurate. After I went through the online activation, I had to chat with a service rep to complete, but I'm all set now. Hope this helps.
    Awesome news
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast