Using Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS is really going to take some getting used to

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
just set up my Nexus 5 - love it.

BUT anybody else find Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS a little clunky??????

IMO GoSMS Pro and Handcent both look CARTOONISH.

can i please just have a basic professional TEXT app?

or am i missing something?????????

dvrmstrng

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My SMS/Hangouts looks like just plain white threaded text messages...not sure how you can get any more simple/professional than that.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
just set up my Nexus 5 - love it.

BUT anybody else find Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS a little clunky??????

IMO GoSMS Pro and Handcent both look CARTOONISH.

can i please just have a basic professional TEXT app?

or am i missing something?????????

Boo hate you right now LOL picking mine up tomorrow at my UPS facility.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like hangouts did...

abe8eryj.jpg

XT1060. Through spacetime.

Hasbrobot

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I do not use hangouts so was wondering what to do with messaging. Will give this a try on my nexus 5 once I get it set up later this week.

Sent from my Moto X!

Been using it on my note 2 and it's the best I've found. I actually don't have a nexus 5 yet but come January and thanks to T-Mobiles jump program I'm upgrading to it.

Posted via Android Central App

dmcincubus

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
i find hangouts pretty simple. no adjustments for me whatsoever, really. other than for some reason i seem to swipe away conversations to 'archive' when i'm trying to swipe to get the active conversation.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
today was the 1st time ive used hangouts...... and i could never go back to just a basic sms app, its a bit clunky but, its so easy, from hangout messages, sms, video calling, its great

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I personal love Hangouts for SMS I just wished the SMS would appear on my tablet as well through Bluetooth or WiFi like mysms app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I do think Hangouts is clunky. They should have a mini "project butter" for Hangouts lol. But in all seriousness, If you want a lightweight texting app I would go for Textra: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ore/apps/details?id=com.textra&token=sZuVxoh_.

i will try Textra. has anyone tried it with Nexus 5/Kit Kat? i had errors trying to send MMS with 8SMS.

BTW - here is a pic of my LATE well deserved dinner tonight after F'ing around waiting for the UPS guy, wasting time on AC, setting up the Nexus 5, switching carriers, and wiping my old phones for sale for the last X hours with nothing to eat. this is the FIRST Pic i ever took with the new Nexus 5!

2013-11-04 21.24.12 - Copy.jpg

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i will try Textra. has anyone tried it with Nexus 5/Kit Kat? i had errors trying to send MMS with 8SMS.

BTW - here is a pic of my LATE well deserved dinner tonight after F'ing around waiting for the UPS guy, wasting time on AC, setting up the Nexus 5, switching carriers, and wiping my old phones for sale for the last X hours with nothing to eat. this is the FIRST Pic i ever took with the new Nexus 5!

View attachment 90191

OMG that looks so good!! Looks like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 90191

Congratulations. You just made me hungry. Looks good!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance