Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree59Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS is really going to take some getting used to

just set up my Nexus 5 - love it.

BUT anybody else find Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS a little clunky??????

IMO GoSMS Pro and Handcent both look CARTOONISH.

can i please just have a basic professional TEXT app?

or am i missing something?????????

Default Re: Using Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS is really going to take some getting used to

My SMS/Hangouts looks like just plain white threaded text messages...not sure how you can get any more simple/professional than that.

I do think Hangouts is clunky. They should have a mini "project butter" for Hangouts lol. But in all seriousness, If you want a lightweight texting app I would go for Textra: .
    Thanked by 3:

Default Re: Using Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS is really going to take some getting used to

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    just set up my Nexus 5 - love it.

BUT anybody else find Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS a little clunky??????

IMO GoSMS Pro and Handcent both look CARTOONISH.

can i please just have a basic professional TEXT app?

or am i missing something?????????
    Boo hate you right now LOL picking mine up tomorrow at my UPS facility.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    TKDnerd05 likes this.

The best.... Nuff said

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbrobot View Post

The best.... Nuff said

I do not use hangouts so was wondering what to do with messaging. Will give this a try on my nexus 5 once I get it set up later this week.

Sent from my Moto X!
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    5,751 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Looks like hangouts did...

XT1060. Through spacetime.

​Obvious statement: Why, I am an assassin 'droid, Master.
    May the Force Be With You

Community Rules & Guidelines​
    (Formerly "NothingIsTrue")

Quote Originally Posted by planoman View Post
    I do not use hangouts so was wondering what to do with messaging. Will give this a try on my nexus 5 once I get it set up later this week.

Sent from my Moto X!
    Been using it on my note 2 and it's the best I've found. I actually don't have a nexus 5 yet but come January and thanks to T-Mobiles jump program I'm upgrading to it.

i find hangouts pretty simple. no adjustments for me whatsoever, really. other than for some reason i seem to swipe away conversations to 'archive' when i'm trying to swipe to get the active conversation.
    16gig Unlocked Nexus 4- T-Mobile- Rooted

8gig Nexus 7- Stock
    Thanked by:

today was the 1st time ive used hangouts...... and i could never go back to just a basic sms app, its a bit clunky but, its so easy, from hangout messages, sms, video calling, its great

Has anyone been able to install Google voice?

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I personal love Hangouts for SMS I just wished the SMS would appear on my tablet as well through Bluetooth or WiFi like mysms app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
    Darth Spock and Fairclough like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ludesleep View Post
    yeah voice installs with no issues
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Hasbrobot View Post

The best.... Nuff said

thanks i just tried this it's exactly what i'm looking for BUT it will not let me send MMS Picture Messages! i get a crash! have you tried this yet on Nexus 5/Kit Kat? anybody?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Quote Originally Posted by ludesleep View Post
    GV LITE Voicemail works flawlessly. although i moved carriers - to AT&T GoPhone and i set up GV VM and thought i was done but i forget - you still need to set up AT&T's VM so it can CCF.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Quote Originally Posted by neonworm View Post
    I do think Hangouts is clunky. They should have a mini "project butter" for Hangouts lol. But in all seriousness, If you want a lightweight texting app I would go for Textra: .
    i will try Textra. has anyone tried it with Nexus 5/Kit Kat? i had errors trying to send MMS with 8SMS.

BTW - here is a pic of my LATE well deserved dinner tonight after F'ing around waiting for the UPS guy, wasting time on AC, setting up the Nexus 5, switching carriers, and wiping my old phones for sale for the last X hours with nothing to eat. this is the FIRST Pic i ever took with the new Nexus 5!

Using Hangouts for SMS/Texts/MMS is really going to take some getting used to-2013-11-04-21.24.12-copy.jpg

i will try Textra. has anyone tried it with Nexus 5/Kit Kat? i had errors trying to send MMS with 8SMS.

BTW - here is a pic of my LATE well deserved dinner tonight after F'ing around waiting for the UPS guy, wasting time on AC, setting up the Nexus 5, switching carriers, and wiping my old phones for sale for the last X hours with nothing to eat. this is the FIRST Pic i ever took with the new Nexus 5!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-04 21.24.12 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	547.4 KB 
ID:	90191
    OMG that looks so good!! Looks like Buffalo Wild Wings.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.
    Chase Hawisher likes this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-11-04 21.24.12 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	483 
Size:	547.4 KB 
ID:	90191
    Congratulations. You just made me hungry. Looks good!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Textra sucks too! i'm going to force myself to get used to Hangouts.

Textra sucks too! i'm going to force myself to get used to Hangouts.
    Why does it suck?
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Why does it suck?
    not a fan of the UI - wasn't really intuitive - where/how do you send a MMS? and part of the UI also looked cartoonish.

the best one i saw so far was 8SMS which basically looked like cleaner more powerful version of the stock sms app. but no MMS?????????

not a fan of the UI - wasn't really intuitive - where/how do you send a MMS? and part of the UI also looked cartoonish.

the best one i saw so far was 8SMS which basically looked like cleaner more powerful version of the stock sms app. but no MMS?????????
    To send an MMS just push the plus button.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

To send an MMS just push the plus button.
    and i can easily attached a pic from gallery how?

and i can easily attached a pic from gallery how?
    Push the plus button, you will see a bunch of options. On top of photo, there is two icons. Push the left one. Then Just select your picture.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Push the plus button, you will see a bunch of options. On top of photo, there is two icons. Push the left one. Then Just select your picture.
    ok thanks i'll review again.
Page 1 of 12 1234 ... LastLast