Voice mail options

netwerx1

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting my N5 tomorrow, and currently use a BB Q10 with Visual Voice Mail. The last time I used an Android phone (about a year ago), I used Google Voice for my VVM...actually have never used GV for anything else but voice mail. Will this still work on KK and the N5 the same way it did last year on JB? Or does the new Hangouts (which I won't use for anything but SMS) change how that works?

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll be getting my N5 tomorrow, and currently use a BB Q10 with Visual Voice Mail. The last time I used an Android phone (about a year ago), I used Google Voice for my VVM...actually have never used GV for anything else but voice mail. Will this still work on KK and the N5 the same way it did last year on JB? Or does the new Hangouts (which I won't use for anything but SMS) change how that works?

using GV "LITE" now and it works flawlessly and has nothing to do with Hangouts - YET.

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
That bare bones, barely updated, still have that crappy widget that never refreshes when a new voicemail or text comes, official GV app will still work like the one on JB. I tested it on my N5 as soon as I got it.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
When I used Android over a year ago I used YouMail and GV but preferred GV. Now that I'm coming back from iOS I'll use GV Lite but the integrated VVM is one thing I'm really going to miss from iOS.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
When I used Android over a year ago I used YouMail and GV but preferred GV. Now that I'm coming back from iOS I'll use GV Lite but the integrated VVM is one thing I'm really going to miss from iOS.

Carried by a raven from the Wall.

huh? GV Lite gives you Transcription which is VVM on steroids.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance