Have you dropped your naked N5 yet? What happened?

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had the more fragile N4 fall to the ground twice in a major way. Once it slid off from a surface about 3.5 feet up and and landed on a wood floor (this was before the anti-slide dots were added). The front glass was totally broken and had to be replaced. Then my replacement N4 dropped from a few feet up onto the sidewalk and corner area got chipped/cracked, but thankfully the screen area was untouched.

I was just wondering if anyone has yet dropped their N5 from any height and what the results have been.

(Yes, I know cases/bumpers are highly recommended by many. But I want to hear from the bareback folks).

youngjediboy

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I'll be getting mine tomorrow and will likely be using it naked. All the cases seem to get in the way of swiping in from the left and right edges of the screen.

Hopefully no one will be unlucky enough to drop it so soon but you never know. I am a little worried but I've always been very careful with my phones ever since touchscreens and have never dropped or cracked a screen ever.

digink

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 32GB yesterday on hard tile floor.

Was a noob mistake, I haven't had the chance to go to T-Mo to activate it yet so it was sitting on my office on the night stand. I go to walk in there at night not realizing anything is there in the dark and knocked the bad boy right over. Luckily right before it hit the hard tile floor the anti-gravity feature kicked in that Google added last minute to these devices and the phone was undamaged.

LOL In all seriousness though, I think as new as the devices are currently you won't find many drops, gotta give folks a few months with them before that starts happening.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I actually dropped mine yesterday. Fell about 3 feet onto the rug while I cursed and cursed...nothing happened, thankfully.

Onto the rug?

The replies in this thread have been utterly useless and a complete waste of time. Including this one but I had to say it.

chowdog13

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had the more fragile N4 fall to the ground twice in a major way. Once it slid off from a surface about 3.5 feet up and and landed on a wood floor (this was before the anti-slide dots were added). The front glass was totally broken and had to be replaced. Then my replacement N4 dropped from a few feet up onto the sidewalk and corner area got chipped/cracked, but thankfully the screen area was untouched.

I was just wondering if anyone has yet dropped their N5 from any height and what the results have been.

(Yes, I know cases/bumpers are highly recommended by many. But I want to hear from the bareback folks).

That's funny my nexus 4 slid off my desk and fell 3.5 feet face down on a hard wood floor and was immaculate. It rebooted the next day but other than that everything was fine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm proud to say that I haven't yet dropped my Nexus 5. This is the first phone in some time that I'm on track not to drop in the first month. Don't get me wrong, I don't drop my phones much at all, but for some reason I've has weird luck in the first month of owning new phones.

I dropped my Galaxy Nexus on the pavement while biking (incredibly, the back cover came off as well as the battery, but the body and the screen were undamaged).

I dropped my Nexus 4 from standing height and it went tumbling down the stairs. But the stairs and the floor were covered in carpet, so even the glass back escaped unscathed.

With the Nexus 5, it never feels slippery, and I think the matte finished, non-textured back helps it stay in my hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

skarletknite

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

mine fell taking it out of my front pocket. phone got stuck for a millisecond, slipped out of my hand. it fell 30 inches onto the sidewalk, screen is completely blown out. i've had tons of drops like that with every phone i've ever had with nowhere close to these results. i must have dropped my N4 just like that 10 times with nothing more than a minor scratch or 2.

mdandashly

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
My roommate dropped his in the garage from pocket height. Front glass cracked from top to bottom and chunks of glass missing from the bottom right.

Luckily I bought it on my Discover card and they have a 90 day accident protection policy, so they pay for the replacement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tgksnow