Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Speaker stopped working...sending mine back

    Yep..I was almost late for class this morning too because my alarm didn't go off. The volumes are all maxed out and no sound what so ever. No ringtones..YouTube..nothing. I called Google and they're sending me a new one. Anyone else experiencing this?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Speaker stopped working...sending mine back

    Yeah mine is half the volume of my Note 3 and Moto X.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Speaker stopped working...sending mine back

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    Yeah mine is half the volume of my Note 3 and Moto X.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Im sure a lot of this stuff will be fixed by developers but right now the new N5 is going to be a paper weight for me. Im back on my note2 again and wont go back until thethering and sound issues are fixed.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Speaker stopped working...sending mine back

    Quote Originally Posted by ludesleep View Post
    Yep..I was almost late for class this morning too because my alarm didn't go off. The volumes are all maxed out and no sound what so ever. No ringtones..YouTube..nothing. I called Google and they're sending me a new one. Anyone else experiencing this?
    This sort of thing could easily be a problem caused by an app (nearly any app) which is not yet KitKat compatible. You need to ask yourself, what apps have you installed (or first-time accessed) between the time when everything worked fine and when it stopped working fine?

    The same issues came up when the N4 was released with what was then a brand-new Android release.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Speaker stopped working...sending mine back

    Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    This sort of thing could easily be a problem caused by an app (nearly any app) which is not yet KitKat compatible. You need to ask yourself, what apps have you installed (or first-time accessed) between the time when everything worked fine and when it stopped working fine?

    The same issues came up when the N4 was released with what was then a brand-new Android release.
    This is true and it might very well be the alarm app by double twist. I deleted it and restarted the phone and it didn't fix the problem. The only other apps I still have that I installed are Goo.im, ES File, Hero of Many and Roundr.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Speaker stopped working...sending mine back

    Quote Originally Posted by ludesleep View Post
    This is true and it might very well be the alarm app by double twist. I deleted it and restarted the phone and it didn't fix the problem. The only other apps I still have that I installed are Goo.im, ES File, Hero of Many and Roundr.
    Well, I am always especially leery of games as they tend to make the most demands upon the hardware and OS.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Speaker stopped working...sending mine back

    FWIW, I recall earlier a problem with a Nexus 4 and a game that had an in-game Mute button. Problem was, it turned out that it didn't only mute the game, if you know what I mean...
    ludesleep likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. A&T Galaxy Note 3 - Scrapbook video save feature not working...
    By Ronzdaname in forum AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 10:20 AM
  2. JBL power up speaker
    By prissysox in forum Nexus 5 Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 07:51 AM
  3. Android email not working with live.com
    By Ryan Aldrich in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 06:21 AM
  4. big slow down in gallery / OK google not working
    By svencux in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-05-2013, 02:48 AM
  5. Back to stock kernel
    By Oleksandr Podoprigora in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2013, 10:49 PM

Posting Permissions