Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Phil Nickinson
  • 1 Post By 65fastback
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,339 Global Posts

Default Sprint activation tips [internal memo]

This just got dropped into my inbox. FYI.

Sprint activation tips [internal memo]-nexus5-sprint.png
    Thanked by 5:
    srkmagnus, Jocelyn84 and AFR_NY like this.

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts
    ROM
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Android

Default Re: Sprint activation tips [internal memo]

Sounds like they got the activation issues addressed (or will be very shortly)

Yeah I had to have customer support open a ticket to get my IMEI # loaded in Sprints system (32 gig from the play store) that was last night around 5:30 pm and this morning around 8 am I got to work and went through the prompts online and it activated it... I had gone to my local Sprint store and they couldn't activate in the store but did give me a free SIM card so I could pair it with my device... when the IMEI was entered on the Sprint website it instantly went to another pop up asking for the ICCID (SIM) card number and then prompted me to chat with a rep to complete activation... After a few minutes chatting I booted the phone up and it went through a good 5+ minute activation thing and a couple more times it had a pop up saying it was activating that were maybe a minute or two long each and since then I've been up and running for almost two hours now without any issues at all.. Phone calls, text, internet all working just fine...

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Thanks Phil. My phone is on the ups truck right now and I will be going through this process later today.

Go Hokies!

I'm definitely going to try to find a Sprint store tonight then that has the UICC cards. I have no idea when the ordered one will ship, so it will probably be faster for me just to find one. Thanks!

Global Posts
    10,474 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Anyone know off hand what the UICC card costs? Need to pick one up when my device arrives this coming Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Anyone know off hand what the UICC card costs? Need to pick one up when my device arrives this coming Thursday.
    My local Sprint store (Lewisville, TX) just gave me one at no cost...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    Nothing. I ordered through chat (Live Chat). The only cost would have been if I opted for overnight shipping.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    10,474 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie317 View Post
    My local Sprint store (Lewisville, TX) just gave me one at no cost...
    Quote Originally Posted by snobum View Post
    Nothing. I ordered through chat (Live Chat). The only cost would have been if I opted for overnight shipping.
    Awesome, thanks for the information! I'm hoping the local Sprint store will hand me one when I walk in to activate the device.

Global Posts
    7 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by snobum View Post
    I just called 3 local Sprint stores that I'm willing to drive to, and each one told me they couldn't help me. They had SIM cards in stock, but were not "compatible" with my Nexus 5. I know they're misinformed, but when I tried to tell them otherwise they just said they couldn't help me and to call Sprint directly. So I guess it's a very YMMV situation. I used the Live Chat link above and couldn't have been easier. I'll gladly wait the 3 business days vs driving around wasting my time. I originally was one of the 3-4 week wait time people because I ordered from the play store on Nov 1, but here I am with phone in hand so I'm still happy. I'll unlock bootloader, play with it on wifi, and when the SIM card arrives, I'll retire my Evo 3d.

So far on wifi only, the N5 is ridiculously fast compared to the evo 3d. Like row-boat vs speed-boat difference
    Thanked by:

Wish the whole notice would have been posted. I cant decide if the UICC card that came with it can be added into sprint's system or if I need to get one from sprint. The pic is cut off.
    Jonneh likes this.

called back to the store with the sku and voila...magically they have something they told me earlier that they didnt.

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    ROM
    phiremod for nook

My sprint store only has 1 type and all the UICC numbers are incorrect.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Nickinson View Post
    This just got dropped into my inbox. FYI.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nexus5-sprint.png 
Views:	145 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	90261

I'd like to see the rest of the document, I think that might hold the solution to my problem with only having 3G. My phone activated fine, but no LTE (yes i'm within coverage).