Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

Quote Originally Posted by David Lessnau View Post
    No problem here. The only issue I have is with my Windows 8 machine: if it goes to sleep while the Nexus 5 is connected to it, it (the PC) won't wake up (I have to force a shutdown and reboot). As for your issue, I ran across this page which has some possible solutions:

Nexus 5 Driver (ADB and Fastboot) Installation Guide

EDIT: Oh, and of course there's the usual "try another cable," "check that a pin isn't bent," and under the Nexus 5's Settings, go to Storage, bring up the menu, hit "USB computer connection," and make sure "Media Device (MTP)" is selected.
    Thanks. The troubleshooting method there did the trick. It works fine now. I knew it wasn't a cable problem since the N4 and the N7 were connecting fine with the same cable.
    I choose Android...it's only logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibidoc1 View Post
    My Yahoo E mail running on the stock App only delivers headers. No messages. Every now and then the fault corrects itself but then recurs. On the Yahoo Mail App, the text will not auto-wrap to fit the screen. So I have a smartphone which is not good at delivering the E mail! I have strong suspicions about Yahoo though, who seem to be in the middle of an ongoing disaster with their mail. Every day there are new issues
    Its yahoo. Ive had issues with 3 different phones (3 different brands) and Yahoo emails either don't get pushed or it says (login fail) and its only happening to Yahoo. They're forcing you to use their lame yahoo mail app.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Addicted to phones, cameras and all things Radio Controlled!!!

When is Google going to do an update to fix WiFi connection problem? Have router that includes the 5 and 2.4 gigahertz bands and massive issues with connection.
    Initially worked but now problems.
    Tried going into airplane mode and back, been in settings and enabled 2.4 gigahertz only, have turned phone off and then on. Only found temporary fixes.
    Love the Nexus 5 but this is a real issue that has my attention.
    Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

This might be a dumb question but , i just havent been able to find out how to delete pictures from the gallery? Should be straight forward, but it isnt. I hold down on a pic and no delete option shows up.

Also , i have both Apex and Nova installed and when i tapped the Home button it gave me the option of which to use. It has stopped doing that and only uses the Google Launcher and NO, i dont have it set as default.

guys, help!!!!!!

when i shake my nexus 5, just a gentle shake, i can hear some cluttering sound, is it the gyroscope??

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzaa View Post
    This might be a dumb question but , i just havent been able to find out how to delete pictures from the gallery? Should be straight forward, but it isnt. I hold down on a pic and no delete option shows up.

Also , i have both Apex and Nova installed and when i tapped the Home button it gave me the option of which to use. It has stopped doing that and only uses the Google Launcher and NO, i dont have it set as default.
    To delete a pic in Gallery tap on the pic then tap the menu/settings button and there's an option to delete.

I'm not sure about the non default launcher thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    To delete a pic in Gallery tap on the pic then tap the menu/settings button and there's an option to delete.

I'm not sure about the non default launcher thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Yea its weird, it doesnt offer a delete option on all of them.

EDIT** I got the default launcher working normally again. I like the Google launcher because the screen buttons are transparent and give you more screen space but you cant add icons on the dock. I like to roll with seven using Nova or Apex.
    Thanked by:

Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Getting the camera ready to take pictures takes a few hundred milliseconds too long. My Galaxy Nexus was a lot faster. That is from the time I press camera on N5 until the time I can snap a picture. Also even if I am already in camera mode on N5, I press the blue button to take a picture and it takes like almost a half of a second, maybe longer before the snap. Step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by hell911 View Post
    guys, help!!!!!!

when i shake my nexus 5, just a gentle shake, i can hear some cluttering sound, is it the gyroscope??
    now i get it, its the power button, its somewhat loose by few mm's.

The only problem I have found is that I can't get my phone charging wirelessly. I bought a car charger that is QI WPA 1.1 compliant and nothing happened, so got a replacement unit assuming the charger was at fault but this is the same. Is my phone faulty, anyone else experienced this?

Having trouble sending and receiving text messages. Receiving some messages hours later. Also not receiving some calls. Phone going straight to voice mail.

Surely that must be a network thing? What sort of coverage does it say you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Martin-Smith View Post
    Surely that must be a network thing? What sort of coverage does it say you have?
    I thought so too. It's been doing on Wi-Fi as well...

Posted via Android Central App

ROM
    Stock: GNex; dalepl rom

Quote Originally Posted by Rayzaa View Post
    Check your google+ account. Some pics are locked into it. Picasa tool let's you work with those pics from device. I don't use pictures much on my devices but remember that issue a while back when I wanted to delete some.
    I'm trying to refresh my memory on it now but you'll probably figure it out before that happens. Google+ defaults to auto back-ups.
    New kit Kat app, photos plus, might do the job. I can't replicate the no delete scenario atm.
    I can't locate all the photos in the photo plus app. However, the photos in auto backup folder and post folder (in gallery) don't offer delete option there but do in picasa tool.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

How cab I connect to wifi again?
    I rooted my phone tooday, got freedom, uninstalled it, then wiped all data because wifi wasn't working suddenly. Then when i opened it up, wifi still doesnt work and customer service isn't on.

Global Posts
    3,267 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87 View Post
    My issue is that it get hot when doing the most simple tasks. Installing apps, browsing on chrome, and youtube. I understand that if I was gaming for a while and it will get hot but not when youre doing simple task. My co-worker stated that he does not get warm even after a hr of gaming. Read on XDA another person having the same issue as me.
    This is usually due to a rogue app that hasn't been updated for 4.4 Kit Kat. I have had this happen a lot when I get a new OS update. It isn;t common to everyone because they may not have the same apps you do.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4 + OnePlus One

Anybody noticing the brightness of your screen randomly blinking in certain apps or while browsing the web?

Global Posts
    885 Global Posts

Four new issues for me:
    - Camera not metering correctly so outdoor shots completely blown out. (Reboot not fixing it)
    - GPS cutting out intermittently (need to reboot to fix)
    - data connection send to not always work as I will open a browser and pages won't start to load for about 5-10 second
    - WiFi disconnects for no reason

Add this to:
    - the voicemail notification issue
    - Camera app freezing intermittently
    - haptic feedback has gotten weaker
    - the Bluetooth headphone issue

Pretty much all of it is probably software and I wish Google would at least release some kind of update by now...

Maybe I will just rma it and see if a new one fixed any of the issues...

I have been having terrible audio *output* drop outs (which I assume is audio stopping while it buffers). It's getting to the stage that I am going to return the phone to google and use my Nexus 4 again. I have had it with Chrome, Smart Audiobook player and very very badly with Google Play - even with locally stored mp3s. Also I am seeing about 1 reboot every 2 days, but this is liveable. Has anyone else had the same agony? If it is software I can wait for the fix, but if it's hardware I better return it before I lose my chance.

Am going to try to record a video of the problem using my issue-free Nexus 4.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Hey guys just got the N5. Anyone else notice more dropped calls compared to prior device? Came from an S3 that didn't have problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by michko View Post
    Hey guys just got the N5. Anyone else notice more dropped calls compared to prior device? Came from an S3 that didn't have problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    no, no issues in my phone.

Hello guys,
    I just go the N5 for my wife. Since we are currently using GoSmart Mobile, we simply just cut the sim card and moved it over to the new phone. However; what happened was that my wife is unable to receive text messages from Sprint and ATT (no problem with TMboile, Verizon etc), but she can send them out to these carriers. Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be and whether this is KitKat related issue? I tried to use a 3rd party text messenger instead of Hangout but this did not help. GoSmart had no idea either as they tried to switched me between different towers with no luck of restoring messages.
    Please let me know and thanks a lot in advance.

The only issue I have had so far is that the Battery app (Settings -> Battery) sometimes show the wrong "on battery" in the graph at the top. Mine currently show 1d 3h 36m, but I know it is about 1d 6h 45m.

Battery time is far better than any other Android phone I have had or seen. In stand-by with out actively using it, it draws about 1% of the battery per hour. Using the phone for 20-30 minutes a day leaves me with about 70-80% of the battery left in the evening. I am running with the location setting in Battery saving mode and with ART as the runtime though, but with Google Now etc turned on.

Quote Originally Posted by RG129 View Post
    My reception fluctuates and hands off between LTE and HSPA much more than it did on my GS4.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I had the same problem when I compared to friend's AT&T LTE phones. A simple APN change fixed the problem.

A problem - though I am unsure if it truly is a problem - is that I have seen mine drop all cell signal when the signal is low (1-2 bars) for a few seconds before popping back up to 1-2 bars. When compared to my GF's S3 she will still have a bar while I have nothing. Granted its only happened a few times and only for a few seconds but it still worries me. I know it could simply be a signal problem but I am more than a little paranoid when it comes to new devices.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I had the same problem when I compared to friend's AT&T LTE phones. A simple APN change fixed the problem.

A problem - though I am unsure if it truly is a problem - is that I have seen mine drop all cell signal when the signal is low (1-2 bars) for a few seconds before popping back up to 1-2 bars. When compared to my GF's S3 she will still have a bar while I have nothing. Granted its only happened a few times and only for a few seconds but it still worries me. I know it could simply be a signal problem but I am more than a little paranoid when it comes to new devices.
    What were the APN changes you you made?
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast