Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 525 of 726
Like Tree74Likes
  1. #501  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Well here's my battery stats. On ART since Saturday evening, so at least two solid days. I don't notice much difference, tbh.

    Edit: Overall, this actually is an improvement over what I'd been getting after adding a lot of data to my phone. I really can't say enough how happy I am with the standby battery on this phone compared to my others, and the screen on time is good too.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 5: Problems & Issues-uploadfromtaptalk1389716550706.jpg   Nexus 5: Problems & Issues-uploadfromtaptalk1389716564148.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 
  2. #502  
    Gwaron's Avatar

    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Well here's my battery stats. On ART since Saturday evening, so at least two solid days. I don't notice much difference, tbh.

    Edit: Overall, this actually is an improvement over what I'd been getting after adding a lot of data to my phone. I really can't say enough how happy I am with the standby battery on this phone compared to my others, and the screen on time is good too.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    That's pretty much exactly what I'm getting on a consistent basis, using ART. 17-18 hours on-time, 5-6 hours screen time, 20% battery remaining.

    FWIW, I changed the GPS location back to high accuracy , and my numbers weren't affected that much. I need the GPS for my travels, so I just leave it on now.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  3. #503  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post
    That's pretty much exactly what I'm getting on a consistent basis, using ART. 17-18 hours on-time, 5-6 hours screen time, 20% battery remaining.

    FWIW, I changed the GPS location back to high accuracy , and my numbers weren't affected that much. I need the GPS for my travels, so I just leave it on now.
    That's great! Do you usually have a strong LTE signal? I'm still not on a carrier with the N5 (have to pay Sprint etf first, not going to attempt using it on Sprint here) and I'm dreading the drain to come because none of the carriers are excellent in my location.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  4. #504  
    Gwaron's Avatar

    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    That's great! Do you usually have a strong LTE signal? I'm still not on a carrier with the N5 (have to pay Sprint etf first, not going to attempt using it on Sprint here) and I'm dreading the drain to come because none of the carriers are excellent in my location.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Because I'm usually on travel, it depends on where I am, but I'd say that the signal is usually around 3 bars.
    Thanked by:
    mrsmumbles likes this.
  5. #505  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwaron View Post
    Because I'm usually on travel, it depends on where I am, but I'd say that the signal is usually around 3 bars.
    That's not bad.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  6. #506  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Well here's my battery stats. On ART since Saturday evening, so at least two solid days. I don't notice much difference, tbh.

    Edit: Overall, this actually is an improvement over what I'd been getting after adding a lot of data to my phone. I really can't say enough how happy I am with the standby battery on this phone compared to my others, and the screen on time is good too.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Damn! I still can't get over how much screen on time you get. Do you have the Facebook app? Do you keep the "OK Google" now functionality on? Brightness setting below 15%? Google Now enabled?

    I have the FB app (with hourly notifications), I keep "OK Google" on, brightness between 10-15%, and don't use Google Now....and have to really push it to get 5 hours of screen on time with less than 5% battery left. Also, I'm on Wi-Fi while at home, which is a good deal of the time, and generally have at least 1-2 bars of LTE service everywhere else I frequent regularly.

    Sorry to bug you about it but I'd just really like to pick up some tips if you have some useful ones. Or go forward with that RMA I was granted if my battery life simply can't improve from what it currently is (4-5 hours screen on time and only if no GPS is used, no games played, and little to no videos watched; though the standby time is pretty excellent).
  7. #507  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    I think the biggest difference is I don't do Facebook so I don't have the app installed. I do have Google Now and OK Google on, and I'm on battery saving mode for those. I have screen brightness at about 30%. I'm on WiFi only still. If I watch videos I get less screen on time. Can't really think what else might be contributing. Oh, only 2 home screens plus the Google Now, only 1 weather widget, stock wallpaper (live papers and widgets eat battery).

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  8. #508  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Oh yeah, the only thing set to sync now is my gmail. I turned off sync for everything else, as well as search for texts and a few other Google services settings.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  9. #509  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    I've found screen brightness to be the whole ball game if you want maximum battery life. Everything else is almost an afterthought. Quite frankly I'd rather recharge a little more often and have a bright beautiful screen at a minimum of 50% and often 75% and sometimes even 100%.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  10. #510  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    That's just way too bright for me, unless it's outside where I'm wearing sunglasses anyway. :-)

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
    Gwaron 
  11. #511  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Hey guys I have been having strange network issues while using my mobile network. If I'm downloading an app from the play store, a file on the browser or something similar all my other network services stop. For example, if I'm downloading an app on the play store and then try to keep browsing the store it won't load at all and give me a network error. This only happens while using my mobile network and not on Wi-Fi and has been a problem since I first started using my phone. I asked my carrier about it and without much investigation they dismissed the problem as a problem with my phone settings. What could be causing this?
    Thanks for any help you can provide me with.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  12. #512  
    nldr's Avatar

    Posts
    6 Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by oerios View Post
    Hey guys I have been having strange network issues while using my mobile network. If I'm downloading an app from the play store, a file on the browser or something similar all my other network services stop. For example, if I'm downloading an app on the play store and then try to keep browsing the store it won't load at all and give me a network error. This only happens while using my mobile network and not on Wi-Fi and has been a problem since I first started using my phone. I asked my carrier about it and without much investigation they dismissed the problem as a problem with my phone settings. What could be causing this?
    Thanks for any help you can provide me with.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    There have been people reporting that they have exchanged their n5s for radio/ GPS issues.. You may have faulty hardware..maybe time to RMA

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  13. #513  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by oerios View Post
    Hey guys I have been having strange network issues while using my mobile network. If I'm downloading an app from the play store, a file on the browser or something similar all my other network services stop. For example, if I'm downloading an app on the play store and then try to keep browsing the store it won't load at all and give me a network error. This only happens while using my mobile network and not on Wi-Fi and has been a problem since I first started using my phone. I asked my carrier about it and without much investigation they dismissed the problem as a problem with my phone settings. What could be causing this?
    Thanks for any help you can provide me with.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Did you use an old SIM card?

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
  14. #514  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Hi my problem is Wi-Fi related. With other devices the Wi-Fi works great it's just when I use this phone the signal is weak and drops out. People say use the airplane mode trick but that is only temporary as you have to keep doing it. Do you guys think that it will be fixed completely in 4.4.3 and if so when do you think it will be released?
    Thanks
  15. #515  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mattboote View Post
    Hi my problem is Wi-Fi related. With other devices the Wi-Fi works great it's just when I use this phone the signal is weak and drops out. People say use the airplane mode trick but that is only temporary as you have to keep doing it. Do you guys think that it will be fixed completely in 4.4.3 and if so when do you think it will be released?
    Thanks
    I also experience the WiFi problem with my Nexus 5 as many others do. Have to turn off WiFi and reconnect on my home network many days. Often it takes several times for it to work. Hopefully Google will address this in an update. Honestly no one really knows when and if a fix is coming. That is outside of Google and certainly they haven't even acknowledged the WiFi problem.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
  16. #516  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Hi
    My new Nexus 5 from the box have problem with battery level. It stuck on 87% and never change, after on/off, after full recovery, after full discharge and full charge - nothing helps. Does anyone know what's my problem?
  17. #517  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry Tselishchev View Post
    Hi
    My new Nexus 5 from the box have problem with battery level. It stuck on 87% and never change, after on/off, after full recovery, after full discharge and full charge - nothing helps. Does anyone know what's my problem?
    That does sound like a problem you may need a replacement for.

    Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2
  18. #518  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mattboote View Post
    Hi my problem is Wi-Fi related. With other devices the Wi-Fi works great it's just when I use this phone the signal is weak and drops out. People say use the airplane mode trick but that is only temporary as you have to keep doing it. Do you guys think that it will be fixed completely in 4.4.3 and if so when do you think it will be released?
    Thanks
    Go to wifi then advanced in the dotted menu. Then if "avoid poor connections" is checked then UNcheck it. I had checked it and mine was disconnecting me from my home wifi when i had 2 of 4 bars. When I unchecked it again I never had that problem again.

    If that does not fix it then I still do not quite believe it is a problem with version 4.4.2. Seems as if only a minority of people report the wifi disconnect issues. As a software support tech I know any issues (a bug) with a specific version would effect every one with that version. Just as the camera and sound issues everyone on on 4.4. So if you or anyone continue to experience it, then it is highly likely something wrong with your wifi hardware on your phone.
    Thanked by:
  19. #519  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Thanks for that tip, I am going to try it. Have had some thoughts that my home Wi-Fi could have something to do with an only when I'm asleep battery drain issue I've been dealing with. It's super fast 30mbps Comcast but the router isn't the best (often only have 1-2 bars in my bedroom and end up shutting off Wi-Fi completely when in my kitchen or family room because the signal is so weak). Also, I'm going to try changing the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" mode to "only when plugged in".
  20. #520  
    scaots's Avatar

    Posts
    348 Posts
    Global Posts
    372 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    I have been using my N5 for 3 weeks and found 1 stuck red pixel and 1 dead pixel. I tried a utility but to no effect. Also I don't notice any change or flicker in them at any time. Debating about RMA. It's not bad, but once you know it's there it's hard to not notice.
  21. #521  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBroccoli View Post
    Thanks for that tip, I am going to try it. Have had some thoughts that my home Wi-Fi could have something to do with an only when I'm asleep battery drain issue I've been dealing with. It's super fast 30mbps Comcast but the router isn't the best (often only have 1-2 bars in my bedroom and end up shutting off Wi-Fi completely when in my kitchen or family room because the signal is so weak). Also, I'm going to try changing the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" mode to "only when plugged in".

    Weak Wifi is going to drive down your battery life pretty quickly as the unit disconnects and attempts to reconnect. Consider getting a second access point or at least a Wifi repeater (which will cut your throughout in half.)

    Or alternatively leave your phone on a wireless charging pad when not in use. Then your phone will always be topped off and ready to go.
  22. #522  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Hey I set an alarm yesterday, and switched off my phone. Any other phone should turn on and sound the alarm but some how my nexus 5 doesn't do that. Any of you having this problem. This is one of the basic function that a smart phone should have. I wish to report this problem to Google. Can you share a link where I can report this issue.

    Posted via Android Central App
  23. #523  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Darshan Madekar View Post
    Hey I set an alarm yesterday, and switched off my phone. Any other phone should turn on and sound the alarm but some how my nexus 5 doesn't do that. Any of you having this problem. This is one of the basic function that a smart phone should have. I wish to report this problem to Google. Can you share a link where I can report this issue.

    Posted via Android Central App
    This is not a problem. All phones work this way. If you turn the phone off (power down) it ceases all functions until you turn it on again. To retain functionality you want to just turn the screen off. Your alarm works just fine unless you actually turn the phone off (power down).

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
  24. #524  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Darshan Madekar View Post
    Hey I set an alarm yesterday, and switched off my phone. Any other phone should turn on and sound the alarm but some how my nexus 5 doesn't do that. Any of you having this problem. This is one of the basic function that a smart phone should have. I wish to report this problem to Google. Can you share a link where I can report this issue.

    Posted via Android Central App
    What on earth are you talking about? No other phone will turn itself back on, because there is no possible way for that to occur. Common sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ki11ak3nn likes this.
  25. #525  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? No other phone will turn itself back on, because there is no possible way for that to occur. Common sense.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Technically, the old BlackBerry devices did. But they also didn't fully turn off either.


    Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5: Camera spot
    By Incitatus in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 06:37 AM
  2. Wirefly Nexus 5 listed specs incorrect?
    By ttwiitch in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
  3. Problem with the earphone jack
    By Don500488 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
  4. This is how the Spigen Ultra Hybrid looks on the White Nexus 5
    By angry english in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM
  5. No Simultaneous Voice and 4G on Nexus 5?
    By deesugar in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

B