Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've had a couple of minor issues. Do have some slight light bleed and just today every time I open my gallery it says "0 pictures/videos". I tried clearing the cache of the gallery and did a reboot but it's still doing it. Other than that, this is an incredible phone.

dav8388

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I have no issues with mine some of the problems some people complain about are just not picking. Like I have read where some complain about light wash when viewed from a sharp angle. My question is wtf are you looking at it from such a sharp angle in the first place. And the list goes on. I have owned several terrible phones in the past I couldn't be happier with my nexus 5 and would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have no issues with mine some of the problems some people complain about are just not picking. Like I have read where some complain about light wash when viewed from a sharp angle. My question is wtf are you looking at it from such a sharp angle in the first place. And the list goes on. I have owned several terrible phones in the past I couldn't be happier with my nexus 5 and would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Yeah, my issue with the light bleed is looking straight on. And really only on really dark backgrounds and medium brightness or higher. I notice it right next to the volume rocker. This is my second one like that. I'm debating on an RMA again. But other than that, this phone is incredible.

sureshedapal

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Dear Friends,
While I was trying to check the Apps running on battery, by mistake I disabled an App. after that the phone shows error mesaage and by re-start I could come out of the error messages. but now I am not getting the key pad and also the "back" button at the bottom left not working.
I am unable to type anything as the keypad is not poping up !!!!
Please help me to resolve this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers (or long press any blank part of a homescreen) and tap the Settings icon. Then go to Apps, and swipe over until you reach the Disabled column. Find the app you disabled, tap it, and tap Enable.

Nikola Mladenovic

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
OS is a mess. when you click a video (youtube example) you cannot change the volume once the video starts playing, you also can't click "back" from certain websites or links. The only button that works is "home". You have to click home, then go back into your tab and press "back" or "adjust volume". Sometimes the tab just exists to home screen. When checking "hangouts" back button doesn't work half the time.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
OS is a mess. when you click a video (youtube example) you cannot change the volume once the video starts playing, you also can't click "back" from certain websites or links. The only button that works is "home". You have to click home, then go back into your tab and press "back" or "adjust volume". Sometimes the tab just exists to home screen. When checking "hangouts" back button doesn't work half the time.

Welcome to Android Central! Are you using the YouTube app? The volume buttons work for the app or the website, but the app is generally going to be much easier to use. Not being able to click back from certain websites isn't the fault of the OS--it has to do with how the website is coded, and is often on purpose, to try to trap you there.

gautamjain13

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I am having a strange issue on my Nexus 5 for the last 5 days. My phone has stopped syncing to my google account. Now I am not getting mew mails on gmail app, I can't connect to play store, can't sign in to youtube ,can't see my google cards, hangout and google calender not working. I removed my google account from settings and tried adding it back but was unable to do so. I got the following error message"Couldn't sign in - Can't establish a reliable connection to the server.This could be a temporary problem or your device may not be provisioned for data services. If it continues, call customer care". Today I also did a factory reset on my phone and erased all contents but I was still unable to sign in. I even tried changing my google account password on my computer but still cant log in on my phone.
Here I would also like to mention that internet on my phone is working fine. And stock email app is able to access my gmail account. Kindly advise what can I do to get my phone to sync again.

Abhilashsnair

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

sometimes when i makes call , the other end cant hear me but i can hear them well, when i call again it ll be ok. this happened so many times, is this a known issue ? any fix for this ?

Abhilashsnair

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Hey guys, I just got my nexus 5 yesterday. Everything is fantastic besides one thing, the most important thing, making phone calls. When I'm talking on the phone others tell me they cannot hear me. This is odd as I know the nexus 5 is supposed to have a decent mic. Has anyone else had this issue? I even tried to looking for the mic because I thought something was blocking it. I'm guessing the microphone is inside the right speaker grill. Am I wrong.? Can anyone help me with this please? Thank you. Is anyone having the same issue?

i am facing the same problem , not for all calls but for some , escpecially when i make calls , but when i retry it ll be ok , any solution ?

VAVA Mk2

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Only issue I am having is that damn battery drain issue Google acknowledged in 4.4.2. Hope the next patch/update comes soon :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
My ONLY problem is perhaps more common or normal to how Nexus 5 sends MMS to other people. All recipients who get MMS's from me, tell me all pics have the same filename. They can view the pic, but if they want to save, they have to rename it to whatever they like. If they do not rename it, it will replace the previous pic I sent. This is very frustrating, since I am not having that problem when sending from my Note 3.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gimmicky? How so? That's an interesting comment when comparing to Blinkfeed and Sense.

Posted via Android Central App

pdangcil

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow!!! So many issues!!! I have only two! Well actually just one. The buttons rattle. I understand this was an issue for the first batch of phones. But I don't want to send my phone in.
The other thing I don't like I'd the stupid camera app!!! I'm coming from in iPhone and the N5's app is vastly inferior compared to the iPhone.
What's a really good camera app?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try Camera Zoom FX. It's $3, but you can always get a refund within the first 15 minutes. Lots of nice features.

I haven't tried VSCO Cam myself, but I've heard some good things about it.

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 5 wireless charging stopped working since Sunday, anyone else heard of these problem before?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I have three and two of my buddies have nexus 5 and two of the total n5's displays are significantly brother than the others.. The whites are much white and the colors seem to pop more on two of the phones..... Anyone else noticed this?

DroidArmy

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I have three and two of my buddies have nexus 5 and two of the total n5's displays are significantly brother than the others.. The whites are much white and the colors seem to pop more on two of the phones..... Anyone else noticed this?

Yes. This is an issue caused by a questionable manufacturer. I believe the company is called Japan Display. I can't exactly remember the name. Anyway, some of the displays have a yellowish tint to them along with a dimmer screen. This is a manufacturing issue by the company. You should be able to warranty replace it and hopefully get one that works properly

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Patrick Ghose

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
N5 32 GB barely 48 hours old and quite a few major issues...which are:

1. When its sleeps, nothing shows up on the black/blank screen like time/date etc as supposed to...I guess I can live with that!
2. I couldn't find my phone contacts which were supposed to be backed up on my Google account. I found only about 40 were synced though I have 500+ contacts. Looked up various forums and then sent all my contacts from my old Sony Experia Miro as a .vcf file by Bluetooth to the N5 and then downloaded that. Now I have all my contacts from my old Sony! Quite simple really.
3. The pulsing indicator light doesn't work. I can live with this but it would be nice to have it anyway.
4. No add-on storage possible (which I knew before I bought it)... so I can live with this too.

Minor issues:
1. I hate Hangouts as the default SMS app
2. What is it with the contacts thing and why can't it have a regular phone book like other phones do? Somebody should do an app for this.
3. The camera app is so boringly complex for a camera that is merely ordinary.
4. Definitely overpriced because of the above issues
5. Too much, in fact overbearingly Google!
6. Stupid pin to eject the SIM tray. Why? What's the warped thinking that led to another tiny, independent and highly-likely-to-be-misplaced device to do this function?

But I love:
1. The blazing fast speed for its functions besides connecting to the net
2. It's look and feel
3. No extra OEM apps which take up so much space....so more space for music, photos and stuff.

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
N5 32 GB barely 48 hours old and quite a few major issues...which are:

1. When its sleeps, nothing shows up on the black/blank screen like time/date etc as supposed to...I guess I can live with that!
2. I couldn't find my phone contacts which were supposed to be backed up on my Google account. I found only about 40 were synced though I have 500+ contacts. Looked up various forums and then sent all my contacts from my old Sony Experia Miro as a .vcf file by Bluetooth to the N5 and then downloaded that. Now I have all my contacts from my old Sony! Quite simple really.
3. The pulsing indicator light doesn't work. I can live with this but it would be nice to have it anyway.
4. No add-on storage possible (which I knew before I bought it)... so I can live with this too.

Minor issues:
1. I hate Hangouts as the default SMS app
2. What is it with the contacts thing and why can't it have a regular phone book like other phones do? Somebody should do an app for this.
3. The camera app is so boringly complex for a camera that is merely ordinary.
4. Definitely overpriced because of the above issues
5. Too much, in fact overbearingly Google!
6. Stupid pin to eject the SIM tray. Why? What's the warped thinking that led to another tiny, independent and highly-likely-to-be-misplaced device to do this function?

But I love:
1. The blazing fast speed for its functions besides connecting to the net
2. It's look and feel
3. No extra OEM apps which take up so much space....so more space for music, photos and stuff.

When are you returning it?:p