Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31323334
Results 826 to 834 of 834
Like Tree87Likes
  1. #826  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    Hii guys.

    I just noticed that my phone's right speaker stopped working.

    No music playback , no incoming call sound from that speaker.

    Bought my phone in may. Red color , 32 Gb.

    Seems like a hardware problem, does anybody faced this issue ?

    Is there any service menu where we can check all the hardware of the phone ?

    Ps : sony had a service menu (dial *#*#7378423#*#* ie *#*#service#*#* ) in which i was able to check screen , speakers and mostly everything.

    Thanks.
  2. #827  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    The Nexus 5 has only one speaker--it's the grille on the left. The grille on the right houses the microphone. I know, it seems a little deceptive, doesn't it? But realistically, stereo speakers that are only 2 inches apart don't really make much sense, if you think about it ...
    Thanked by:
  3. #828  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    The Nexus 5 has only one speaker--it's the grille on the left. The grille on the right houses the microphone. I know, it seems a little deceptive, doesn't it? But realistically, stereo speakers that are only 2 inches apart don't really make much sense, if you think about it ...
    This seemed weird to me so i asked my friend having n5 and he confirmed this.

    Thanks for letting me know.

    And seriously why they gave just 1 speaker :@
  4. #829  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    i have bought a nexus 5 nearly a year now and it has worked perfectly the problem occurred two weeks ago it happened rarely when i unlock the phone it has a black screen so i had to force reboot with holding the power button , and it started to happen nearly every time i try to unlock it . i had stock android 4.4.4 then i tried at first factory reset and no positive results tried to go back to 4.4 same issue then a friend recommended cm 11 worked for nearly 24h perfectly then the same thing happened , now im on Slimkat and the black screen appears nearly every time i unlock it now even if unlock the phone successfully with no problems the screen turns black at any time now (home screen apps phone calls ...) it even turns black in boot after the google logo appears (the time the rom logo appears) although it never ever turns black at boot loader or recovery mod . previous searchs i have made lead me that the problem is caused by turning auto-brightness on and/or animation scale must be more than 0.5 and they are not the cause in my case . i think this is a software problem and not a faulty hardware anyone can help me find a solution for this problem please

    this is a recording i have made of what i see : /Py5Tv5w8bGo
    and this is another screen record made with adb while this problem occurred from 0:09 its a black screen for me and as you can see it's freezing : /uojsVZfm1y8
  5. #830  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by obilisk View Post
    i have bought a nexus 5 nearly a year now and it has worked perfectly the problem occurred two weeks ago it happened rarely when i unlock the phone it has a black screen so i had to force reboot with holding the power button , and it started to happen nearly every time i try to unlock it . i had stock android 4.4.4 then i tried at first factory reset and no positive results tried to go back to 4.4 same issue then a friend recommended cm 11 worked for nearly 24h perfectly then the same thing happened , now im on Slimkat and the black screen appears nearly every time i unlock it now even if unlock the phone successfully with no problems the screen turns black at any time now (home screen apps phone calls ...) it even turns black in boot after the google logo appears (the time the rom logo appears) although it never ever turns black at boot loader or recovery mod . previous searchs i have made lead me that the problem is caused by turning auto-brightness on and/or animation scale must be more than 0.5 and they are not the cause in my case . i think this is a software problem and not a faulty hardware anyone can help me find a solution for this problem please

    this is a recording i have made of what i see : /Py5Tv5w8bGo
    and this is another screen record made with adb while this problem occurred from 0:09 its a black screen for me and as you can see it's freezing : /uojsVZfm1y8
    This may not help but have you tried turning off the proximity sensor?
  6. #831  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    no i didn't i will and post the results and btw the screen does not turn off like dead it has white light at the borders so i don't think it's the proximity sensor
    i have found this the same problem but for S5 :
    Galaxy S5 black screen upon wake up - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
  7. #832  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    no the proximity sensor is not the problem it actually works perfectly
  8. #833  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by obilisk View Post
    no the proximity sensor is not the problem it actually works perfectly
    Then I'd think it would have to be a problem with an app. Did you install anything that would help control the phone (along the lines of Tasker, but something else similar)? Are you rooted? Using a custom ROM or kernel? I'd just start removing apps, starting with the most recent back to when this started happening. Good luck!
  9. #834  

    Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    Quote Originally Posted by mrsmumbles View Post
    Then I'd think it would have to be a problem with an app. Did you install anything that would help control the phone (along the lines of Tasker, but something else similar)? Are you rooted? Using a custom ROM or kernel? I'd just start removing apps, starting with the most recent back to when this started happening. Good luck!
    i think i have fixed it fresh stock rom 4.4 rooted and i have used the franco.Kernel updater app to update my kernel to r57 no updates for google apps no apps installed and the problem didn't occur will keep you updated if it happens again ^_^ ty
    Thanked by:
Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 31323334

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5: Camera spot
    By Incitatus in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 06:37 AM
  2. Wirefly Nexus 5 listed specs incorrect?
    By ttwiitch in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
  3. Problem with the earphone jack
    By Don500488 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
  4. This is how the Spigen Ultra Hybrid looks on the White Nexus 5
    By angry english in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM
  5. No Simultaneous Voice and 4G on Nexus 5?
    By deesugar in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions