Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 36373839
Like Tree108Likes

Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieVsk View Post
    That's when I slide thru the menu and that's when i shake camera, same lines appear watching a video whenever the scene on screen changes.
    That to me seem like a hardware issue. If you did not buy used, could it still be under warranty from where you got it. It is worth a try even if the warranty is out they may replace it or fix it for a small fee.
    Nexus 5, 32GB, Android 5.1

"Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to you." Mary Bly

Quote Originally Posted by DLK1 View Post
    That to me seem like a hardware issue. If you did not buy used, could it still be under warranty from where you got it. It is worth a try even if the warranty is out they may replace it or fix it for a small fee.
    Ye i got my replacement 2 days ago, and i still have 120 days warranty for it, so i think i might give a call and try to replace that one too.

Default Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues (window sliding hurts my eyes)

Quote Originally Posted by r3xcss View Post
    Hi,

I've had my Nexus 5 for a year now and recently I have been having problems with it. Whenever I turn the screen on using a power button, the screen turns on but when I slide up to unlock the phone the screen turns off. It goes like that in a loop. I have discovered that if I hit my phone against my hand, the screen turns on and I can use the phone without problems. If I use the power button, I can't get further than the lock screen. I have already tried wiping the cache and factory reset, nothing helped. When I get the phone pass the lock screen it works fine. Does anyone know what could the problem be? Hardware or software? Because the button works, but the screen turns off immediately after sliding the lock screen.

thanks
    The fact that you can make it work when you hit it against your hand, makes it seem like a bad connection, which make it a hardware issue not a software issue. I would take it to where you got it a see what they will do for you.

"Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to you." Mary Bly

Sorry if it has been raised before. I recently factory reset my N5 and every now and again it starts playing random music (which I presume is the default ringtone/alarm) Even though nobody is ringing me and there are no alarms.

Just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Reid View Post
    Sorry if it has been raised before. I recently factory reset my N5 and every now and again it starts playing random music (which I presume is the default ringtone/alarm) Even though nobody is ringing me and there are no alarms.

Just me?
    I know that you did a factory reset, however, you may want to try a cache partition wipe, wiping the partition will not cause data loss. When your system reinitialized just one bit/byte could have gotten written incorrectly. Clearing the cache would reinitialized settings. If that does not solve it you could change tone of alarms, to try to determine if it is a alarm or ringtone issue.

Thanked by:

Thanks. I think that it played the ringtone when a notification came through. All good now!

Global Posts
    4,084 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 5.0.1(stock)

I have a technical problem. I can't get my Mac command terminal to recognize my N5. Tried adb devices, ./adb devices, etc. Even tried a new data cord, with no luck. Anyone have a clue what's wrong? Thanks.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

I've never rooted or done anything w/ the OS on my phone, so I have several questions....
    1. After updating my N 5 from lollipop 5.0 to lollipop's latest, 5.1, I started getting the attached error every 5-10seconds. Any ideas what could have caused it? I tried closing all apps I had open, clearing the cache in all of my apps (including the playstore), and shutting the phone completely off and turning it back on, nothing changed. Nexus 5: Problems & Issues-2015-03-18.jpg
    2. My next step was to run the phone in recovery mode, so I shut the phone off and did the power+volume down button, selected recovery mode and then power button again. Much to my surprise, my phone simply showed the poor bot on it's back with the red exclamation triangle and "No command." Any clues as to what might have happened?
    (the only solution I found was to factory re-set the phone and just deal w/ doing the re-setting of the apps, no big deal but a pita).
    any insight is greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by santista View Post
    2. My next step was to run the phone in recovery mode, so I shut the phone off and did the power+volume down button, selected recovery mode and then power button again. Much to my surprise, my phone simply showed the poor bot on it's back with the red exclamation triangle and "No command." Any clues as to what might have happened?
    At this point you needed to Power+VolumeUp monetarily then you should get the menu of commands.

nexus 5 problems:
    1.PLAY STORE; before update to lollipop and now after update "play store" is almost useless, "BACK GROUND DATA DISABLED", dont say do this and that in your setting/celluar... it is not working. sometime restart helps back to work for one or two installs and mostly just drives me crazy
    2.VIBER CONTACTS: after update to stupid lollipop, cannot ad new contact to viber neither it synchs contacts
    3.GALLERY: God, this gallery thing is gone! so stupid
    4. PEOPLE: there was this people thing like CONTACTS in any other normal phone or pc app, anyway after lollipop that is gone too
    5.APP ICONS: lots of them disappeared from screen
    after all my phone is painful piece of junk, i miss iphone so much

Quote Originally Posted by Behzad Azari View Post
    nexus 5 problems:
    1.PLAY STORE; before update to lollipop and now after update "play store" is almost useless, "BACK GROUND DATA DISABLED", dont say do this and that in your setting/celluar... it is not working. sometime restart helps back to work for one or two installs and mostly just drives me crazy
    2.VIBER CONTACTS: after update to stupid lollipop, cannot ad new contact to viber neither it synchs contacts
    3.GALLERY: God, this gallery thing is gone! so stupid
    4. PEOPLE: there was this people thing like CONTACTS in any other normal phone or pc app, anyway after lollipop that is gone too
    5.APP ICONS: lots of them disappeared from screen
    after all my phone is painful piece of junk, i miss iphone so much
    Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to Lollipop? I know that no one wants to do such a thing however, doing so does clear up a lot of issues. It will cause data loss and app loss, so be sure to backup first. What version of Lollipop are you running on now?

Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

hey guys , weird thing happened to my nexus 5 yesterday , i am unable to communicate through the phone (in the normal way) , although when i put it on loudspeaker the person at the other end can hear me clearly , i have already tried backing up and re-setting the device but it didn't help .Is there any other way i can fix the device?

Quote Originally Posted by sarthak narula View Post
    hey guys , weird thing happened to my nexus 5 yesterday , i am unable to communicate through the phone (in the normal way) , although when i put it on loudspeaker the person at the other end can hear me clearly , i have already tried backing up and re-setting the device but it didn't help .Is there any other way i can fix the device?
    Sound as though this could be a hardware problem with the mic or the connecting cable. Is this under warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by sarthak narula View Post
    My Brother has the same Problem with his N5. Additional when he make videos, there is no sound. also "Ok Google" does not work.
    yesterday he updated to Android 5.1. He said the next 12 hours everything worked fine. I found that many people have this problem since Android 5.0, but the issue is fixed for them by Android 5.1.

I already downgraded the phone to 5.0.1 and 4.4.4, but it still doesn't work.

I considered to buy a new microphone, but it's weird that many people had exactly the same problem with Lollipop and he updated 12 hours before the problem started.

Do anyone know if there is another way to fix this Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by santista View Post
    I've never rooted or done anything w/ the OS on my phone, so I have several questions....
    1. After updating my N 5 from lollipop 5.0 to lollipop's latest, 5.1, I started getting the attached error every 5-10seconds. Any ideas what could have caused it? I tried closing all apps I had open, clearing the cache in all of my apps (including the playstore), and shutting the phone completely off and turning it back on, nothing changed. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-03-18.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	141.6 KB 
ID:	167355
    (the only solution I found was to factory re-set the phone and just deal w/ doing the re-setting of the apps, no big deal but a pita).
    any insight is greatly appreciated.
    As to #2
    From what I have encountered, generally that is a recovery error. Your recovery is not properly installed. Try getting your recovery.IMG file off of googles dev site. Generally this will be under the update you have, 5.0, 5.1 etc. Download the entire folder and in there will be a zip. Unzip it, then cmd into that folder (hold shift and right click in windows and select "open command prompt here". Then in the terminal do "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" this should fix that problem. You can also flash a custom recovery such as cwm or twrp this way. I don't think this causes any data loss but backup to just be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Reid View Post

Just me?

My phone kept playing a random chime like sequence until I ran across a blog that mentioned RFID proximity cards cause this when they come close to this phone. I put my card away from phone and no more random musical chiming.

I did a quick search and didn't find anything, but today I picked my phone up off a charging mat and the screen was a weird tint. It looks like it is greenish in the middle and then purple for about 1cm on the left and right edge. The purple is more noticeable. The green kind of just looks like a haze. I tried a factory reset and it didn't fix it. When I first tried to just restart it, as it was loading ("Google" launch screen, etc) the screen looked ok, but then before it would finish the problem was back.

Anyone encounter this before? If so, were you able to fix? I bought my N5 at launch so I'm well past any warranty period.

Thanks

Interesting the referred article states this happens within 2 or 3 minutes. However, I let mine stay on for 10 minutes before I turned it off myself. Which was long enough to eat up 4% of battery. So I guess just some devices are having this issue, I am running 5.1. Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the camera App? Perhaps a re-boot.

Yes and yes. It works after reboot. That is the known workaround.

Hi ,

My Nexus 5 had weird issue for second time now n 3 days,... My nexus 5 just freezes and the screen hangs as it it. The display screen dont get dimmed out after time, it just gets stuck to where it was when the device hanged. I tried to power off the device using power button for 30 second , it didn't worked, My device is stuck with the display screen on and touch is also not working..

Its weird please help . First time when this happened i had to wait till the battery drained out and nexus powered off.

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by ashish pandit View Post
    Hi ,

My Nexus 5 had weird issue for second time now n 3 days,... My nexus 5 just freezes and the screen hangs as it it. The display screen dont get dimmed out after time, it just gets stuck to where it was when the device hanged. I tried to power off the device using power button for 30 second , it didn't worked, My device is stuck with the display screen on and touch is also not working..

Its weird please help . First time when this happened i had to wait till the battery drained out and nexus powered off.

Thanks...
    It should power off. You need to press the power button as long as it takes to power off, even if that's 30 to 60 seconds or more. Sounds like a problem stemming from the lollipop update. Good luck.
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 36373839