Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

jon_stewart

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

Just to add to that, my phone has 4 Google accounts syncing, and the only duplicate contacts are for close family who would be in three of the four of them.

I see that the note field still had HTC data in it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

marcoscu

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Maybe it is a KitKat thing rather than a Nexus 5 issue, but even though my headset is connected (wired and bluetooth) system bleeps still come through the speaker when I raise or lower the volume and sometimes when other system notifications occur. This is a problem as I often awake early and like to listen to podcasts whilst my partner sleeps. I never had this problem with my Nexus 4! I have tried disabling as many sound settings as I can but to no avail.
Has anyone else experienced this?

Kay E

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

I have the Nexus 5 on Net10 AT&T. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

I've called customer service and tried changing APN settings based on one's provided from N4 users.... APN settings please? LTE works, I can connect to the Google Play Store, Instagram, etc. but cannot receive MMS.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

I was not able to connect via USB to my car stereo brand Kenwood KDC-BT648U. The stereo keep throwing an error NA.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site

I have the Nexus 5 on Net10 AT&T. Any help will be greatly appreciated...

I've called customer service and tried changing APN settings based on one's provided from N4 users.... APN settings please? LTE works, I can connect to the Google Play Store, Instagram, etc. but cannot receive MMS.

Kay E maybe this link can help you ok.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ot...straight-talk-t-apn-settings-w-nexus-4-a.html

zava4ubu.jpg

Michael_CS

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

Love the phone as a new convert from the iPhone 4 camp

The only issue I have really had with my phone, which I bought from the Play Store, is that the voicemail indicator (the little tape icon) doesn't show up after a missed call. I have to power cycle the phone (turn it off then back on) for it to come up. Virgin Mobile (Canada) says according to their logs the network is working properly so it is most likely software related. Not quite sure how to fix it or whether Google is working on a fix for this or what not.

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site

I havent seen anyone with this issue, today I noticed when watching youtube video that frames were dropping. I was at a family member house and was on their wifi and i noticed the drop frames right away. I thought it was maybe their wireless router (belkin crap). Back home right now watching the same clip and there frame drops are still there. I have a ASUS RT-N66U and I am able 5 feet from the router. Same video on my ipad 4 and no drop frame. Both are connect to 5Ghz. My Nexus is running stock but is rooted (ART cache) I may go back to DAlvik to see if the issue is still. Anyone else noticed drop frame from youtube?

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It's the proximity sensor so your face doesn't activate anything while talking on the phone

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Don't know if i'm the only one but sometimes the camera just goes black. Like in snapchat, ill send a snapchat no problem but when i try to send another one its black. Switch over to the stock camera app and screen is black to. had to restart the entire device to get the camera working again.

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

Don't know if i'm the only one but sometimes the camera just goes black. Like in snapchat, ill send a snapchat no problem but when i try to send another one its black. Switch over to the stock camera app and screen is black to. had to restart the entire device to get the camera working again.

Look in earlier posts someone was talking about snap chat issues I believe. Im pretty sure they said its a snap chat known issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

Look in earlier posts someone was talking about snap chat issues I believe. Im pretty sure they said its a snap chat known issue.

yup just read over a couple of forums online. Oh well. will wait for an update

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Could it be your router? Or have you tried going to the McDonalds, Starbucks and your getting the same results? Have you tries a reset and see if this fixes the issue.

It isn't the routers, and I still didn't get a chance to test other networks today.

I've had to return an evo for that before. Very frustrating, good luck

Yep. :(

Factory reset?

I might. Apparently I'm not the only one having this issue...

mkirtap

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

I havent seen anyone with this issue, today I noticed when watching youtube video that frames were dropping. I was at a family member house and was on their wifi and i noticed the drop frames right away. I thought it was maybe their wireless router (belkin crap). Back home right now watching the same clip and there frame drops are still there. I have a ASUS RT-N66U and I am able 5 feet from the router. Same video on my ipad 4 and no drop frame. Both are connect to 5Ghz. My Nexus is running stock but is rooted (ART cache) I may go back to DAlvik to see if the issue is still. Anyone else noticed drop frame from youtube?

Yes, I have the same problem and probably everyone else too, tried 2 Nexus 5's and both drops frames on hdcontent in the YouTube app, many ppl dont seem to notice tho.. It has nothing to do with internet speed because the clips i tried was buffered. Hopefully there will be a fix soon, or I will go back to my iphone 5s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

It isn't the routers, and I still didn't get a chance to test other networks today.

Yep. :(

I might. Apparently I'm not the only one having this issue...

I am going to have to try some more streaming from the nexus5 to see what's up. This sucks! I haven't noticed aby wifi problems yet.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

This is probably the first device I've had that DOESN'T get really warm doing simple tasks for a while. Haven't done any gaming yet but I do use my phone a lot in the initial setup/tinkering stages. And just on a daily basis. But haven't notices it getting even warm.

Posted via Android Central App

Ya I think there is def a big update due from Google soon. I hope they are aware of these issues. I wonder if AC can email Google about these issues on the forums?

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

Posting to echo the problem with the YouTube app dropping frames on HD. You'd think Google would get their own app right on their flagship phone. I have said "Google will fix this" so many times with this phone it's annoying.