Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

darryjr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Isn't that a sprint issue?

Posted via Nexus 5 Android Central App
I have the sprint n5 and g2, had the note 3. Problem I am having is static, pops, squeals, during calls on both. I returned g2, have same issue, had same problem with note 3 , update fixed. I believe they all have same processor, wondering if fix is on the way?

TheDoctor 46

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

New issue. Google search bar and OK Google stop working for unknown reason. A quick reboot fixes it, but still annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

New issue. Google search bar and OK Google stop working for unknown reason. A quick reboot fixes it, but still annoying.

There's a Google Search update which may fix that.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

I have the sprint n5 and g2, had the note 3. Problem I am having is static, pops, squeals, during calls on both. I returned g2, have same issue, had same problem with note 3 , update fixed. I believe they all have same processor, wondering if fix is on the way?

That sounds like a Sprint issue unrelated to phone hardware.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

sump22

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site

Anyone having problems with setting default apps?

I was clicking phone numbers from my email. I have skype and the stock phone app. It won't accept the phone app as default and asks me every time. I've said phone>always at least 20 times now. People at work are saying this is probably a skype problem?

ChiEsq

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Absolutely no keyboard out of the box (just voice commands). Can't access Settings either ("Unfortunately, Settings has stopped"). Have factory reset 10 times; still nothing. This piece of garbage is about to be returned.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

So, noticed a huge battery drain on my N5 today and it seems to be due to Exchange Services. I dropped 40% in 3 hours and I wasn't even using the devices. There is a thread about it on XDA and it seems on Google Support forums as well. May be similar to people having issues with Exchange Services. Admittedly, my email has also been coming in really late. Sometimes as much as 30 minutes after my desktop gets it.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

SSirCharles

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Bluetooth BT not connecting to my car stereo/Alpine BT133. Connects great to my GNex, Nex7 v1, Nex7 v2 but does not pair with new Nex5.

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

So, noticed a huge battery drain on my N5 today and it seems to be due to Exchange Services. I dropped 40% in 3 hours and I wasn't even using the devices. There is a thread about it on XDA and it seems on Google Support forums as well. May be similar to people having issues with Exchange Services. Admittedly, my email has also been coming in really late. Sometimes as much as 30 minutes after my desktop gets it.

Hope it gets fixed soon.

I'm having Exchange account issues as well. I put meetings on my work calendar but they won't show up in the Calendar app unless I remove the Exchange account and re-add it. Then the work meeting displays. Unacceptable.

No native WiFi tether on T-Mobile. Foxfi doesn't work either. Unacceptable.

Although since these items work on my Nexus 4 on 4.3 Jelly Bean, I'm thinking it's more KitKat related than with the Nexus 5.

JMDxRIM

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

i posted this issue in the camera/video section already but nobody cared. But for me it is a big issue.
So far every single video i recorded stuttered a lot no matter what setting i used.
I just need to know if that is a common problem many people have (so it might get fixed by software update) or is it just me,
so i need to get the phone replaced

I just recorded a 30 second video and it stuttered once. Sounds like a software issue to which there are many that could be made to the camera... My Z10 used to do the same when it was new and through updated that camera became stellar.. Google better do the same or i'll be back to using my Z10

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I'm having Exchange account issues as well. I put meetings on my work calendar but they won't show up in the Calendar app unless I remove the Exchange account and re-add it. Then the work meeting displays. Unacceptable.

No native WiFi tether on T-Mobile. Foxfi doesn't work either. Unacceptable.

Although since these items work on my Nexus 4 on 4.3 Jelly Bean, I'm thinking it's more KitKat related than with the Nexus 5.

Yeah, definitely think it is a KitKat thing as I never noticed this much battery drain on my Nexus 4 for Exchange Services.

xstinkyx

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

I still can't get an avatar to appear for myself in SMS (on the outgoing messages line).

I'm using SMS via Hangouts.
I am signed out of the Hangouts portion (and just use SMS half).
I have a profile photo in Google+.
That photo appears in email and if I send a txt to myself.

nator76

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site

Anyone getting a Sim has been inserted, the phone must restart message? Incredibly painful and happening about every 3-4 hours.

Kamin

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site

I still can't get an avatar to appear for myself in SMS (on the outgoing messages line).

I'm using SMS via Hangouts.
I am signed out of the Hangouts portion (and just use SMS half).
I have a profile photo in Google+.
That photo appears in email and if I send a txt to myself.

Well things have changed a good bit. You used to do it in People. Now it seems you need to do it in Hangouts.

In Hangouts, tap the Menu icon (upper right corner).
Settings
Tap youraccount@gmail.com
Tap Profile photo

198four

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site

Ok can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me?!!!

I just bought this phone and it seems like other people can't hear me. I am about to return this phone! Can someone help me fix this issue?

anhng

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

I got the same problem here. Reboot only fixes it temporarily. After using for a while, it came back.
There is an update for search app yesterday. But nothing was solved.

Really disappointed.

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Just a heads up, when I access my profile/account via the android central app and attempt to change my "primary phone" as soon as I press to choose the app force closes.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site

Ok can someone PLEASE PLEASE help me?!!!

I just bought this phone and it seems like other people can't hear me. I am about to return this phone! Can someone help me fix this issue?

Have you removed the plastic from the top and bottom sides, and a case if you have one on it? :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

anhng

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site

1 more problem that I have (beside the crashed search app) is that the play store never notify any application updates.
I checked the setting and of course the notification was on. I guess I'm gonna set auto update for a while.
Anybody here know where to send feedback about the play store to google? I tried to find in the app but still haven't found it yet

Michael Barone

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site

The two major things I have noticed on my N5 is the poor cell reception compared to my S3 (at&t) and the most irritating thing of all is the microphone on incoming calls. I have to wait 5-6 seconds into the call for anyone to hear me. The problem doesn't exist on speakerphone or bluetooth so it must be something with the microphone itself?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11