Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

The two major things I have noticed on my N5 is the poor cell reception compared to my S3 (at&t) and the most irritating thing of all is the microphone on incoming calls. I have to wait 5-6 seconds into the call for anyone to hear me. The problem doesn't exist on speakerphone or bluetooth so it must be something with the microphone itself?

I had this exact same issue with my HTC one it was a microphone defect you'll have to get a replacement

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

chukka63

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm reading of quite a few microphones not up to scratch.I'm currently awaiting my replacement handset for this issue and 2 others.

rtshoff

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site

Speaking of scratches, how is the camera lens holding up? That larger lens looks like it will be a scratch magnet.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Speaking of scratches, how is the camera lens holding up? That larger lens looks like it will be a scratch magnet.

Still waiting for my case to be delivered. Until then, I keep it in a BB holster to protect it when I'm not using it.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

The two major things I have noticed on my N5 is the poor cell reception compared to my S3 (at&t) and the most irritating thing of all is the microphone on incoming calls. I have to wait 5-6 seconds into the call for anyone to hear me. The problem doesn't exist on speakerphone or bluetooth so it must be something with the microphone itself?

About the cell reception, I agree. I can't say it is any better than my Nexus 4. As I've had no luck with cell reception for any of the Android phones I've used (S2 > N4 > N5), I'd be really tempted to try out say a HTC One to see how it would fair. But I just can't justify spending that much $$ right now.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

So I have to say that it seems my nexus 5 is getting worse over time.

In the beginning everything was super fast but the last few days, browsing the web with chrome is just becoming an exercise in frustration. It hangs when trying to access websites. And then today, when trying to share a web page, it kept automatically sharing it by Twitter without giving me the option to select anything else. Had to uninstall Twitter to be able to share a link by email.

Guess it may be time for a wipe and reinstall.

Never pays to be an early adopter.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried a Motorola I heard their radios are stronger then others. I have an HTC one and always had great connection but I'm in a popular area

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site

Anyone having play store issues ? Operates normally until I use the "search"function, then it times out.

**UPDATE**
clearing cache and data resolved issue

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I have noticed from time to time that my phone call ringtone for incoming calls is not going through with the volume all the way up. If I don't see the call on the screen, I will miss it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Is it low or completely off? I know some phones have a quiet ring when phone is raised setting

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site

I know that Google stated that they would send out an update for the poor speaker performance, has this already been sent out or is there a date that has been set for the update to be sent out?

Battleship

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site

I know that Google stated that they would send out an update for the poor speaker performance, has this already been sent out or is there a date that has been set for the update to be sent out?
AFAIK, it's not been sent out yet and there is no set date for it, either. There was a rumor an OTA might be pushed out on Nov. 13 but, obviously, that's come and gone.

Whoszatguy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site

I live in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and had problems with connectivity on my Nexus 5. I confirmed with an in-store rep that LTE is not yet available in our area. The default for me, on the N5, was setup to connect to the APN fast.t-mobile.com. My experiance was that you can connect to that APN and get a data connection, but I was experiencing frequent drops when transferring data. I manually added epc.tmobile.com and connected to that APN. My connection seems much more stable now. I just wanted to post this for anyone that might experience the same issue.

Harry Obeney

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

Love my new nexus so much more that my previous iPhone and only a few faults I can comment about:

Sometimes sends 2 messages at once
Music sometimes just doesn't play although the timer is going
Sometimes apps fail and an error message appears

Also not the phones problem but I'm struggling to put my iPhones contacts onto my new nexus, I tried using iTunes but when I click the "sync with" drop down box under the info tab it doesn't give me an option to sync with Google?
Any ideas?

Harry Obeney

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site

+my speakers sound like blown speakers with some songs, volume doesn't go very high so struggle to hear the music sometimes even through my earphones

nexus89

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

When I make a call and remove the phone from face, screen is black it doesn't show the dialer or anything. I have to click the power button several times for it to wake up. Is this an issue or something to do with settings I can adjust?

I was having a problem with OK Google not working. It was on always listening but it actually wasn't, that's been fixed now (not sure if search app automatically updated or what)

Also on webpages I'm scrolling with my thumb and sometimes the screen thinks I'm pressing it because I get the haptic feedback (vibrations) and it starts highlighting text. Is this an issue with the screen? Is there a way I can test screen working properly .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

chukka63

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site

At last,someone else experiencing double text sends.You have 2 options as i see it.Get a 3rd party app or get a replacement handset like ive just done.So far no repeat texts.

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site

My big complaint is that the World of Beer app states it is not compatible with my device! With the newest device? Strange. Happened when I got the One earlier this year. Was fixed soon after. Small complaint, but I have no other issues, other then adequate at best battery life.