Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems & Issues

Thanks for that tip, I am going to try it. Have had some thoughts that my home Wi-Fi could have something to do with an only when I'm asleep battery drain issue I've been dealing with. It's super fast 30mbps Comcast but the router isn't the best (often only have 1-2 bars in my bedroom and end up shutting off Wi-Fi completely when in my kitchen or family room because the signal is so weak). Also, I'm going to try changing the "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" mode to "only when plugged in".

Weak Wifi is going to drive down your battery life pretty quickly as the unit disconnects and attempts to reconnect. Consider getting a second access point or at least a Wifi repeater (which will cut your throughout in half.)

Or alternatively leave your phone on a wireless charging pad when not in use. Then your phone will always be topped off and ready to go.

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

Hey I set an alarm yesterday, and switched off my phone. Any other phone should turn on and sound the alarm but some how my nexus 5 doesn't do that. Any of you having this problem. This is one of the basic function that a smart phone should have. I wish to report this problem to Google. Can you share a link where I can report this issue.

Posted via Android Central App

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

Hey I set an alarm yesterday, and switched off my phone. Any other phone should turn on and sound the alarm but some how my nexus 5 doesn't do that. Any of you having this problem. This is one of the basic function that a smart phone should have. I wish to report this problem to Google. Can you share a link where I can report this issue.

This is not a problem. All phones work this way. If you turn the phone off (power down) it ceases all functions until you turn it on again. To retain functionality you want to just turn the screen off. Your alarm works just fine unless you actually turn the phone off (power down).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

What on earth are you talking about? No other phone will turn itself back on, because there is no possible way for that to occur. Common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site

What on earth are you talking about? No other phone will turn itself back on, because there is no possible way for that to occur. Common sense.

Technically, the old BlackBerry devices did. But they also didn't fully turn off either.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Technically, the old BlackBerry devices did. But they also didn't fully turn off either.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Apples/oranges. Like you said, the old blackberries only went into standby, not actually turning off.

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
All my previous Nokia phones did it. They would sound the alarm even when phone is turned off, and and many other smart phones still do it like samsung galaxy S3. The phone doesn't turn on completely but sounds the alarm even when phone is switched off. This a feature which is there in even basic phone.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

All my previous Nokia phones did it. They would sound the alarm even when phone is turned off, and and many other smart phones still do it like samsung galaxy S3. The phone doesn't turn on completely but sounds the alarm even when phone is switched off. This a feature which is there in even basic phone.

The S3 does not do it. The phones you mention are in standby, not turned completely off. No phone anywhere will do it if it requires a cold boot.

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
The S3 does not do it. The phones you mention are in standby, not turned completely off. No phone anywhere will do it if it requires a cold boot.

I have used nokia and S3 for quite some time.I know what standby us and what switched off is.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I have used nokia and S3 for quite some time.I know what standby us and what switched off is.

No android phone and no iPhone can turn itself back on for an alarm when it is completely off. Period. It is not possible.

Nokias and blackberry devices do it because they don't actually turn off. They are in a low power standby mode and not fully powered down.

javier180

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site

i just dropped my phone :\ The screen cracked and the back got hit pretty hard with a few dents. Do you think they will replace the whole phone? How would they repair the dents if they didnt replace it ??

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

i just dropped my phone :\ The screen cracked and the back got hit pretty hard with a few dents. Do you think they will replace the whole phone? How would they repair the dents if they didnt replace it ??

You'll have to pay for it, and what they do to it will depend on what you want to pay.

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

So I accidentally deleted my DCIM folder on my phone through Android File Transfer and it deleted all my photos. I understand that I probably can't get them back, but the thing is, now if I take a picture, I can't see it! When I go in photos it just says "Media not found."Pleaassseee somebody help me. (Google Nexus 5)

Dmitry Tselishchev

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site

That does sound like a problem you may need a replacement for.
It's impossible for me, because i bought phone in US and now i'm in Russia. Today I disconnected battery and after this battery level became zero.
But battery is full charged. When I turn on my phone, it turn off, because low level of battery. Now phone works only with charging.
In two weeks I'll get new battery and try it.

Itamar Baum

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I cant seem to make google now play music, i have searched the commands, and no matter what i try it just takes me to google search.
i have tried everything from listen to, to play song, play album, anything that comes to mind, always to this result.
also, is there a way to activate google now via remote (the one on my headphones only gives me a call option)Screenshot_2014-01-24-16-01-00.jpg

sMt73

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

So I accidentally deleted my DCIM folder on my phone through Android File Transfer and it deleted all my photos. I understand that I probably can't get them back, but the thing is, now if I take a picture, I can't see it! When I go in photos it just says "Media not found."Pleaassseee somebody help me. (Google Nexus 5)

Did you create a new DCIM folder on the phone. If not, you may need to do that.

Sumit Bhardwaj

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Plz help...my phone nexus 5 just switched off while charging and a red light is flashing at bottom while i charge...(thru USB)

DaveG67

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

I cant seem to make google now play music, i have searched the commands, and no matter what i try it just takes me to google search.
i have tried everything from listen to, to play song, play album, anything that comes to mind, always to this result.
also, is there a way to activate google now via remote (the one on my headphones only gives me a call option)View attachment 101968

Have you tried "Play [song name] by [Artist]?

Also, is the music you are trying to play in your library, either on Google Play music or on the phone or SD card?

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Did you create a new DCIM folder on the phone. If not, you may need to do that.
When I restarted the phone, it automatically created a new folder, but the pictures don't work when saved into it. I think i'm going to factory reset the phone, but what do I do before that to save all my contacts and apps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12