Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
nexus 5 problems:
1.PLAY STORE; before update to lollipop and now after update "play store" is almost useless, "BACK GROUND DATA DISABLED", dont say do this and that in your setting/celluar... it is not working. sometime restart helps back to work for one or two installs and mostly just drives me crazy
2.VIBER CONTACTS: after update to stupid lollipop, cannot ad new contact to viber neither it synchs contacts
3.GALLERY: God, this gallery thing is gone! so stupid
4. PEOPLE: there was this people thing like CONTACTS in any other normal phone or pc app, anyway after lollipop that is gone too
5.APP ICONS: lots of them disappeared from screen
after all my phone is painful piece of junk, i miss iphone so much

Did you do a factory reset after upgrading to Lollipop? I know that no one wants to do such a thing however, doing so does clear up a lot of issues. It will cause data loss and app loss, so be sure to backup first. What version of Lollipop are you running on now?

sarthak narula

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

hey guys , weird thing happened to my nexus 5 yesterday , i am unable to communicate through the phone (in the normal way) , although when i put it on loudspeaker the person at the other end can hear me clearly , i have already tried backing up and re-setting the device but it didn't help .Is there any other way i can fix the device?

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

hey guys , weird thing happened to my nexus 5 yesterday , i am unable to communicate through the phone (in the normal way) , although when i put it on loudspeaker the person at the other end can hear me clearly , i have already tried backing up and re-setting the device but it didn't help .Is there any other way i can fix the device?

Sound as though this could be a hardware problem with the mic or the connecting cable. Is this under warranty?

clau xD

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site

My Brother has the same Problem with his N5. Additional when he make videos, there is no sound. also "Ok Google" does not work.
yesterday he updated to Android 5.1. He said the next 12 hours everything worked fine. I found that many people have this problem since Android 5.0, but the issue is fixed for them by Android 5.1.

I already downgraded the phone to 5.0.1 and 4.4.4, but it still doesn't work.

I considered to buy a new microphone, but it's weird that many people had exactly the same problem with Lollipop and he updated 12 hours before the problem started.

Do anyone know if there is another way to fix this Problem?

Chris Hom

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I've never rooted or done anything w/ the OS on my phone, so I have several questions....
1. After updating my N 5 from lollipop 5.0 to lollipop's latest, 5.1, I started getting the attached error every 5-10seconds. Any ideas what could have caused it? I tried closing all apps I had open, clearing the cache in all of my apps (including the playstore), and shutting the phone completely off and turning it back on, nothing changed. View attachment 167355
2. My next step was to run the phone in recovery mode, so I shut the phone off and did the power+volume down button, selected recovery mode and then power button again. Much to my surprise, my phone simply showed the poor bot on it's back with the red exclamation triangle and "No command." Any clues as to what might have happened?
(the only solution I found was to factory re-set the phone and just deal w/ doing the re-setting of the apps, no big deal but a pita).
any insight is greatly appreciated.

As to #2
From what I have encountered, generally that is a recovery error. Your recovery is not properly installed. Try getting your recovery.IMG file off of googles dev site. Generally this will be under the update you have, 5.0, 5.1 etc. Download the entire folder and in there will be a zip. Unzip it, then cmd into that folder (hold shift and right click in windows and select "open command prompt here". Then in the terminal do "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" this should fix that problem. You can also flash a custom recovery such as cwm or twrp this way. I don't think this causes any data loss but backup to just be safe.

Last edited:

Dale Rhodes1

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
My phone kept playing a random chime like sequence until I ran across a blog that mentioned RFID proximity cards cause this when they come close to this phone. I put my card away from phone and no more random musical chiming.

huskiesteve

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I did a quick search and didn't find anything, but today I picked my phone up off a charging mat and the screen was a weird tint. It looks like it is greenish in the middle and then purple for about 1cm on the left and right edge. The purple is more noticeable. The green kind of just looks like a haze. I tried a factory reset and it didn't fix it. When I first tried to just restart it, as it was loading ("Google" launch screen, etc) the screen looked ok, but then before it would finish the problem was back.

Anyone encounter this before? If so, were you able to fix? I bought my N5 at launch so I'm well past any warranty period.

Thanks

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Interesting the referred article states this happens within 2 or 3 minutes. However, I let mine stay on for 10 minutes before I turned it off myself. Which was long enough to eat up 4% of battery. So I guess just some devices are having this issue, I am running 5.1. Have you tried clearing the cache and data for the camera App? Perhaps a re-boot.

ashish pandit

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi ,

My Nexus 5 had weird issue for second time now n 3 days,... My nexus 5 just freezes and the screen hangs as it it. The display screen dont get dimmed out after time, it just gets stuck to where it was when the device hanged. I tried to power off the device using power button for 30 second , it didn't worked, My device is stuck with the display screen on and touch is also not working..

Its weird please help . First time when this happened i had to wait till the battery drained out and nexus powered off.

Thanks...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

Hi ,

My Nexus 5 had weird issue for second time now n 3 days,... My nexus 5 just freezes and the screen hangs as it it. The display screen dont get dimmed out after time, it just gets stuck to where it was when the device hanged. I tried to power off the device using power button for 30 second , it didn't worked, My device is stuck with the display screen on and touch is also not working..

Its weird please help . First time when this happened i had to wait till the battery drained out and nexus powered off.

Thanks...

It should power off. You need to press the power button as long as it takes to power off, even if that's 30 to 60 seconds or more. Sounds like a problem stemming from the lollipop update. Good luck.

Sprogis

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have problems with meda scan on my Nexus 5 (Android 5.1), like half of my albums*music* isnt detected now.
No "media scan" apps helped me yet. And not scan those albums even after restart the phone.
I hope anyone can help my with this!

Sprogis

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hm it happened with me too, when i opened too much sites in Opera. Actually i pushed the power button for a really long time and it helped in my case.

Achint Jain

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site

I am having some issues with the wifi connectivity, My N5 shows it is connected to wifi but no data transfer takes place i have to restart wifi to make it work.

ARPIT bohra

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site

Hi guys i have a google nexus 5 and it is locked state. It is getting booted again and again but it just reaches google logo and again restarts. Safe boot is also enabled so i cant enter in recovery mode also. Please help me ASAP.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon