Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

Davew277

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm coming up on 2 years of usage with my Nexus 5. I have only had it reboot on me unexpectedly a couple of times and it's never been stuck in a reboot loop. Although it went straight into a Slim Armor case and had a tempered glass screen protector put on it as soon as it was purchased. It's also never taken a hard fall or gotten wet.

My only complaints are the lack of a SD card slot and a non-removable battery. But I was aware of these limitations when I bought the phone. Which is why I got the 32 GB version.

I don't see any reason why Google should have to fix or replace a 2-year old phone which they quit selling many months ago and that was possibly damaged due to user error. Half of the people I know drop their phones a lot, and the Nexus 5 doesn't exactly strike me as a durable phone. In fact, mine's just a little warped from my back pocket...

What percentage of Nexus 5 phones that were sold have a major problem with rebooting? Even if a hundred people posted about the problem, I'd consider that user error since Google sold between 3 and 5 million of them. Now if 250,000 people have the problem you may have a leg to stand on. But many people have probably already moved on to newer phones and couldn't care less. I'm considering a new phone soon as well.

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

Nexus 5 phone has been updating for over 5 hours almost to the new marshmallow update stuck on the "installing system update screen" what can i do?

dziobak

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Hello,
Does anyone know why when I delete emails from gmail on my N5 they are still shown on my N7 tablet so basically I have to delete them from that device separately?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Digiclash

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site

Power button damage is most common issue in all nexus 5 and comes when phone becomes more than 6-7 months old

Md Sadham

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Sometimes my N5 screen blinking the display light either only black screen. But, display having touch sense by observing vibrate on touch, sounds when slide unlock. When i slap my N5 slightly on back then i got display light. Whatever, it will happen again after sometimes.

How can i solve this?

Note: My phone is not rooted.

Jarhkof

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Hello everyone,
I got an issue with mi Nexus 5 (w/ android 6). I bought this product [w3].camry-hk.com/?mod=product&col_key=product&pro_id=8&lang=en), a bluetooth scale and comes with the following app on play store (play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.senssun.blue3). The problem is I CANNOT MAKE THEM WORK TOGETHER!!!! Never pairs, never connects, only just one time tried to do it but they dont make it.

Please I need some workaround to resolve this inconvenience, Its suppose to work under Bluetooth LE specs, Nexus 5 supports it, the scale supports it, I friend of my can connect the scale with his iOS phone, its unfair!

Thanks so much for your support!
Greetings
Jose

g8trdave

Apr 13, 2016
Visit site
My N5 began freezing up every night. In the morning, my alarm does not go off, and it won't wake up even though it is still on. I have to hard shut down to get it to reboot.

bohwat

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site

Power button damage is most common issue in all nexus 5 and comes when phone becomes more than 6-7 months old
second to that..
my friend have a problem with his nexus 5 suddenly turned off couple of times in a day, get the power button repaired and it fixed the problem
while mine still in good condition (we bought it together)

Scubadooper

May 12, 2016
Visit site

Hi guys i have a google nexus 5 and it is locked state. It is getting booted again and again but it just reaches google logo and again restarts. Safe boot is also enabled so i cant enter in recovery mode also. Please help me ASAP.

Had something similar, turned out it was the power button switch on the motherboard. Replacement switch costs 50p, however the surface mounted soldering techniques to remove the old one and replace it with the new one were beyond my tool set, so now I have a perfectly workable spare Nexus 5 should I need parts (other than a motherboard!)

Ally17

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site

I think I'm the only person in the world having this issue, but I bought my nexus 5 within ONE minute (2:01pm EDT email confirmation from google) of it going live after waiting for this phone for months. I think I set a google record in searches for this device. Unfortunately, I got my device and it reboots or turns itself off constantly. Even after factory reset, I can sit it on the table at the welcome screen (i.e. haven't even entered my name/wifi password) and the device will reboot on its own. I am so freaking disappointed that I don't even know what to do. Google is going to refund me, but a replacement would take a month. 32gb black version).

Ally17

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
My Nexus 5 reboots constantly. 3 times to write this as it rebooted itself. I was taking pics and video of my little ones 3rd birthday and it kept rebooting, until I just turned it off. I tried to send it back to get fixed but that's 120.00$$ I don't have.
Also a reload page comes up alot and the camera will work but then it stops and tells me it's not connected.
Any help or suggestions would help...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon