Page 1 of 29 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 722
Like Tree73Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 5: Problems & Issues

    We all have brand new shiny N5's, but eventually some will have hardware/software issues. Please list any issues that you're having here. As to see if it's widespread or unique to your unit and if there is a fix.
    Thanks.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 01-29-2014 at 02:24 AM.
    Problem solved, problem staying solved!
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor 46 View Post
    We all have brand new shiny N5's
    Is that so?
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Slight static/distortion during low volume calls
    jmann_25 likes this.
  4. #4  
    bimgike75's Avatar

    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    I've had noticeably poorer cellular reception (AT&T) as compared to my Note II that it replaced. I also have noticed some initial issues with data connectivity, both cellular and wifi, but those don't seem to be occurring as much today.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Should of went with the LG G2.. Lol

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    Jaramie3 likes this.
  6. #6  
    kalo88's Avatar

    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Quote Originally Posted by busa2006 View Post
    Should of went with the LG G2.. Lol

    Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk
    That has quite a well known lock screen issue and a very 'meh' camera due to LG's software.

    My N5 actually for the first time *knocks wood* seems fine, the camera rattles a bit if you shake the device (Why would you) but I assume that's due to the OIS.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Top volume button doesn't want to be pressed down sometimes. Hopefully it goes away. Also, poor reception on T-Mobile.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Screen pulsates on its own (auto dim is off)
    Randomly vibrates
    Randomly reboots (only had it a couple times)
    Despite my brightness being down, according to the phone, 53% of the battery usage has been the screen..
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    My issue is that it get hot when doing the most simple tasks. Installing apps, browsing on chrome, and youtube. I understand that if I was gaming for a while and it will get hot but not when youre doing simple task. My co-worker stated that he does not get warm even after a hr of gaming. Read on XDA another person having the same issue as me.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Quote Originally Posted by dazzer87 View Post
    My issue is that it get hot when doing the most simple tasks. Installing apps, browsing on chrome, and youtube. I understand that if I was gaming for a while and it will get hot but not when youre doing simple task. My co-worker stated that he does not get warm even after a hr of gaming. Read on XDA another person having the same issue as me.
    This is probably the first device I've had that DOESN'T get really warm doing simple tasks for a while. Haven't done any gaming yet but I do use my phone a lot in the initial setup/tinkering stages. And just on a daily basis. But haven't notices it getting even warm.

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    First issue I've noticed on mine is with the Email app. I have several emails that show a received date of 12/31/1969. These emails are downloaded from my Yahoo account. They show up with the correct date in Yahoo.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    When make a call my screen remains on and active. My nexus 4 turned off when i brought it close to my face and back on when i pulled it away. Does anyone else have this problem or know the fix?
    Thanked by:
    Sauk 
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    I think I'm the only person in the world having this issue, but I bought my nexus 5 within ONE minute (2:01pm EDT email confirmation from google) of it going live after waiting for this phone for months. I think I set a google record in searches for this device. Unfortunately, I got my device and it reboots or turns itself off constantly. Even after factory reset, I can sit it on the table at the welcome screen (i.e. haven't even entered my name/wifi password) and the device will reboot on its own. I am so freaking disappointed that I don't even know what to do. Google is going to refund me, but a replacement would take a month. 32gb black version).
  14. #14  
    DroidArmy's Avatar

    Posts
    603 Posts
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock faux123

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Some issues with the new nexus 5 should be expected. Some things could be at the software level and some things could be complete faulty hardware. When you buy a phone release day, you can run into issues because it's the first batch. The manufacturing process isn't perfect yet and android beta testing doesn't catch everything. Anyway, I hope all of you that have issues will have them resolved shortly.
    randyw likes this.
  15. #15  
    Gdwheel's Avatar

    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    I have problems with the People (Contacts) app, which is more of a Kit Kat thing, but annoying nonetheless. I have the app sync with my Exchange account and It has created a contact for every email address I have used on my computer at work, most of which are not in my contacts. I cannot find a way to only show only my actual contacts. I have around actual 200 contacts and it is showing 865 contacts. If someone has a fix, I would love to know.

    Is the lock screen supposed to be able shortcut to apps? It looks like it should, but I cannot find any setting for it. You can move in four directions, but they all just unlock the screen.

    Overall, I am underwhelmed with the phone and Kit Kat. The phone is fine and has some good points, it is just not as good as others out there, for my purposes. The price point is a huge plus, but there are a lot of things that other manufacturers offer with their software that are missing from stock android. There are apps to fill many of the gaps, but I feel like I am working too hard to get what LG, HTC, Samsung and others give you out of the box (and work better). I have a hard time convincing myself that I should use it instead of my GS4, G2 or Note III.
    vbockius likes this.
  16. #16  
    Jaymil's Avatar
    Neutronbomb

    Posts
    240 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1 stock

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gdwheel View Post
    I have problems with the People (Contacts) app, which is more of a Kit Kat thing, but annoying nonetheless. I have the app sync with my Exchange account and It has created a contact for every email address I have used on my computer at work, most of which are not in my contacts. I cannot find a way to only show only my actual contacts. I have around actual 200 contacts and it is showing 865 contacts. If someone has a fix, I would love to know.

    Is the lock screen supposed to be able shortcut to apps? It looks like it should, but I cannot find any setting for it. You can move in four directions, but they all just unlock the screen.

    Overall, I am underwhelmed with the phone and Kit Kat. The phone is fine and has some good points, it is just not as good as others out there, for my purposes. The price point is a huge plus, but there are a lot of things that other manufacturers offer with their software that are missing from stock android. There are apps to fill many of the gaps, but I feel like I am working too hard to get what LG, HTC, Samsung and others give you out of the box (and work better). I have a hard time convincing myself that I should use it instead of my GS4, G2 or Note III.


    Yeah I was going to sell my G2 and use this N5 so that I could make a couple hundred bucks after I payed for my nexus since I some excess cash to move but man.. it really feels like a big downgrade. I was hoping it would be passable but very unimpressed so far.
    Silver HTC One - unlocked bootloader and rooted
    Verizon Galaxy Tab 7.7 - CM 10.1
    Asus Vivo Tab 810C (Full windows 8)
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Quote Originally Posted by kalo88 View Post
    That has quite a well known lock screen issue and a very 'meh' camera due to LG's software.

    My N5 actually for the first time *knocks wood* seems fine, the camera rattles a bit if you shake the device (Why would you) but I assume that's due to the OIS.
    its probably not the Camera! I thought this about my nexus 4 it ended up being the pin inside the sim slot. place the sim card release pin in the slot and shake the phone you will no longer hear a rattle!
    DroidKid
    @DroidKid

    Devices: 16GB Nexus 5 | 16GB Nexus 7
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Got mine on Monday and wouldn't turn on. I did all the trouble shooting steps, but no go. The only thing the phone would do is vibrate when I was doing the power button/volume up/volume down steps. Google is doing a replacement, but currently it shows that it won't be shipping for 2-3 weeks so that kind of sucks.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Quote Originally Posted by unashamedgeek View Post
    Got mine on Monday and wouldn't turn on. I did all the trouble shooting steps, but no go. The only thing the phone would do is vibrate when I was doing the power button/volume up/volume down steps. Google is doing a replacement, but currently it shows that it won't be shipping for 2-3 weeks so that kind of sucks.
    Sorry to hear that. The phone does vibrate when you turn it on, so it sounds like you got a unit with a completely dead screen. Hope your next one is perfect.

    |❌_❌|
    Thanked by:
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    I just had an issue where earpiece and microphone stopped working when making a test call. Rebooted device and then worked. Phone is completely stock, no apps installed yet.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Ordered mine on day one. Had the phone 2 days now no problems at all on my end hope it stays this way.
  22. #22  
    Drew5316's Avatar

    Posts
    20 Posts
    ROM
    The Kraven's Cold As ICE

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoctor 46 View Post
    Please list any issues that you're having here. As to see if it's widespread or unique to your unit and if there is a fix.
    Posted via Android Central App
    Can't activate as a Sprint Business customer.
  23. #23  
    kaiser10123's Avatar

    Posts
    86 Posts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Just received today and love but just went to gym for 1 1/2 hours and listened to a cached Google music playlist and had screen on a bit using je fit to track workout. From 11:30 pm to 1 am why is my battery dropped to 60% now? Do I need to use it a few days to get better battery life?

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Try raising the volume to full and listen to any music/youtube video through the speaker. Mine gets choppy and *static -iky* and was hoping this was a defective unit. Does this affect anyone else?
    *Crossing fingers*
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Nexus 5 Problems and Issues list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Drew5316 View Post
    Can't activate as a Sprint Business customer.
    Isn't that a sprint issue?

    Posted via Nexus 5 Android Central App
Page 1 of 29 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Nexus 5: Camera spot
    By Incitatus in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2014, 06:37 AM
  2. Wirefly Nexus 5 listed specs incorrect?
    By ttwiitch in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-21-2013, 06:59 PM
  3. Problem with the earphone jack
    By Don500488 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 08:20 AM
  4. This is how the Spigen Ultra Hybrid looks on the White Nexus 5
    By angry english in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 06:03 PM
  5. No Simultaneous Voice and 4G on Nexus 5?
    By deesugar in forum Google Nexus 5
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 04:47 PM

Posting Permissions

B