Buying phone from T-Mobile?
Hi all. iPhone 5S user here, and I am very much interested in the Nexus 5. I am on AT&T though. Can I buy the phone from a T-Mobile store, and then take it to AT&T to activate it? If I buy it from a T-Mobile store, will it have the T-Mobile bloatcrap on the device?
- 11-05-2013, 02:25 PM #2
- 11-05-2013, 02:27 PM #4
- 200 Posts
- JellyBean! Franco Kernel
- 11-05-2013, 02:32 PM #6
Re: Buying phone from T-Mobile?
Yep, T-Mobile hasn't started selling it yet. Here's the T-Mobile page for the phone: Google Nexus 5 Release Date | Sign up for Nexus 5 updates | T-Mobile. I'm fairly sure it's also been said that they will sell it in a similar fashion to the Nexus 4, meaning at a higher price than the Play Store.
Edit: I would also approach any sort of "good deal" Craigslist-type sales with caution, seeing as the device is still very new and in such high demand. If they're selling it at-cost and unopened, however, that's different and potentially worth buying. Just ensure you're getting the phone you're expecting to get, and in the condition you're expecting it to be in.Ambassador Guides, Tips, and How-To's — Table of Contents
Softbricking be damned.
- 11-05-2013, 02:34 PM #7
- 11-05-2013, 04:26 PM #8
- By DuncIT in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 9Last Post: 05-01-2014, 06:17 AM
- By zazazi in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 03-03-2014, 10:51 AM
- By enomix in forum Verizon LG G2Replies: 5Last Post: 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM
- By hondaf17 in forum General News & DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 11-13-2013, 09:15 AM
- By eds817 in forum Google Nexus 5Replies: 5Last Post: 11-05-2013, 05:45 PM