Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 5 is hurting my hands!!

Hey guys, I received my Nexus 5 Black yesterday and have been playing with it for a while and wanted to get your opinions on the grip of the Nexus 5 Black.

I noticed that when I hold the Nexus with one hand it hurts my hands.. the side part where the screen meets the plastic side is really sharp for me.

I am coming from the Moto x and I have fairly large hands, not enormous but big enough..

Are any of you guys experiencing this problem or is it ony me??

The white Nexus 5 has different material on the sides so let me know what you guys think about the white too.. I might have to change colors if it gets too annoying.

Thanked by:

Default Re: Nexus 5 is hurting my hands!!

Really? I have no issue.

1 no issue here neither

Posted via Android Central App
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Do you guys not feel the sharp corners? I am not sure if it is my phone or I am being overly sensitive. But it really gets uncomfortable after using the phone for a long period of time.

My phone's side plastic seems to be a little above the screen.

try cutting cheeses with it!
    Thanked by 2:
    TheDoctor 46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    try cutting cheeses with it!
    Now that is just wrong. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dontquixote View Post
    Do you guys not feel the sharp corners? I am not sure if it is my phone or I am being overly sensitive. But it really gets uncomfortable after using the phone for a long period of time.

My is very smooth around the edges... Very comfortable to hold in the hand...

Hey guys, I received my Nexus 5 Black yesterday and have been playing with it for a while and wanted to get your opinions on the grip of the Nexus 5 Black.

I noticed that when I hold the Nexus with one hand it hurts my hands.. the side part where the screen meets the plastic side is really sharp for me.

I am coming from the Moto x and I have fairly large hands, not enormous but big enough..

The white Nexus 5 has different material on the sides so let me know what you guys think about the white too.. I might have to change colors if it gets too annoying.

But seriously it hurts your hand..........did you remove the little tape strips from the sides? Are you using it naked without a case? If need be get a case for it. The black should have the soft touch matte rubber backing and sides. The white has the soft touch matte back, but plastic black sides. I say you need a case as the sides where it meets the screen may be a little too sharp for your hand. You have to have like a hand full of calluses on top of calluses like mine to bareback this phone.

No issues here

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

its designed that way for the people that don't use a case so the screen isn't flat out on the table

I understand what you're experiencing because I had that issue with the HTC One...the metal edge drove me crazy...returned it.

BUT I actually think my Black N5 feels great and is very comfortable. I suppose once you start noticing something it just gets worse?

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

No problems with mine. Feels comfortable in my hand.

A case might be helpful. Just a suggestion. Good luck.

No problems here. I find it very comfortable in the hand with no sharp areas and now I know the white model has glossy plastic around the sides I'm glad I went with the matte black.

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Yea. This is driving me crazy. I never experienced anything like this before and I am not a sensitive person.
    I usually take what it is without any complaints..

I will try to get used to it for a couple days. I guess its weird that I am the only person experiencing this.

I wish I can see another Nexus 5 but I am sure I probably wont see one for a while.

For me, the HTC one was comfortable to use. but this phone really hurts I hope it is my phone that is defected or I love the Nexus 5 so far.
    Banned

Sorry to hear that....maybe its time to man up?

Yea. This is driving me crazy. I never experienced anything like this before and I am not a sensitive person.
    I usually take what it is without any complaints..

I will try to get used to it for a couple days. I guess its weird that I am the only person experiencing this.

I wish I can see another Nexus 5 but I am sure I probably wont see one for a while.

For me, the HTC one was comfortable to use. but this phone really hurts I hope it is my phone that is defected or I love the Nexus 5 so far.

Get a case Dude.
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Do you lift?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Nexus 5 is hurting my hands!!-rubber-thumb-guard.jpg
    this might help
    Thanked by:
    bahehs 

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.4 KitKat

Its one of the softest most comfortable phones I've held....Real surprised it hurts your hands. So I checked on how I hold the phone.

My hands don't really touch it otherwise my fingers would cover the screen, its in my fingertips. I would have to squeeze the thing really hard to get the sides to bother me. When I use my thumb to touch the screen it lays gently in my hand with no grip pressure at all. Are you doing some activity where you have grip it hard? Like walking or something?
    N5 Black 32GB 4.4.2(I love this thing!!), N4 (4.4.2), iphone 5, etc., N7(4.4.2) AT&T(2 Unlimited Plan's) The Nexus 5 is so fast...I just finished the internet...The ending wasn't great...
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

Actually, I hold the phone with one hand while laying on my bed and the bottom corner of the phone digs into my palm.

I cant believe that I am the only one experiencing this.

I think the verdict is that i am a

p
    u
    s
    s
    y

Thanked by:
    bahehs 
    petaf and ConTejas like this.

Just got mine, no problems here. Lol

Yeah, not for the same reason but I do get what you are saying about discomfort. I got mine today and it's not as comfortable for me as my Galaxy S2 was. Gonna sound stupid but it just feels hard ? No other way to say that. Like the phone has no give to it... I don't know. It gets uncomfortable pretty fast though.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for once.

Try working for a living... And holding sharp and/or rough stuff... You sound like a *****

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    trandz likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    854 Global Posts

Actually, I hold the phone with one hand while laying on my bed and the bottom corner of the phone digs into my palm.

I cant believe that I am the only one experiencing this.

I think the verdict is that i am a

p
    u
    s
    s
    y

ROFL!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast