low speaker volume.

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a 32gb n5 and I gotta say, it seems really quiet. And body else notice this? There isn't any distortion with any media I've played, its just really quiet. Any ideas? Yes all the volumes are turned up

Posted via Android Central App

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a 32gb n5 and I gotta say, it seems really quiet. And body else notice this? There isn't any distortion with any media I've played, its just really quiet. Any ideas? Yes all the volumes are turned up

The sound quality and volume was terrible on the N4 and I was hoping they would improve it on the N5.

c0rbindallas

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm experiencing the same. Actually reminds me of when I converted my HTC one to a GPE the speaker/system tones just got very low. It doesn't bother me too too much but its definitely not loud in comparison to some other android devices.

Cyberguycpt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Don't laugh, but the sounds gets better when your holding the phone sideways and your hands cup the area around the speaker. Lol it works for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mcelmeel17

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Flashing a ROM with sound enhancements is what I will do but I gotta say, I'm really disappointed that its so damn low to begin with.

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just received my N5 yesterday, 32 GB Black, and it's amazing, but yes, I have also noticed that speaker volume is definitely a concern. It just isn't strong enough! I really hope a custom ROM like CM will provide a software boost to the maximum range to which the volume can be set! :(

jjasonbsmith

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I just received my N5 yesterday, 32 GB Black, and it's amazing, but yes, I have also noticed that speaker volume is definitely a concern. It just isn't strong enough! I really hope a custom ROM like CM will provide a software boost to the maximum range to which the volume can be set! :(

jjasonbsmith

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a 32gb white one and also find speaker too low. Not looking to root so hope Google get a update sorted soon for it. Love the rest of the phone.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I played the same song, via Google Play Music on my S4 and N5. The N5 was noticeably quieter than the S4. HOWEVER, volume over bluetooth stereo headphones is MUCH louder on the N5 than the S4.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
It must be an LG thing. The N4 was the same and the G2 is also lacking in this area. There's even a mod over on XDA for volume boost. So that let's you know that a lot of people feel this and it's how the devices are. I would assume that there will be some mods for the N5 soon for those of you that don't mind tweaking. I hate it the most when I'm in the shower. I sit my phone on the sink and turn the music all the way up. On my iPhone, S4 or HTC One, no problem hearing over the shower. Barely can hear it on the G2 which ultimately result in me not using for this purpose which takes away from my user experience because I'm now giving up something that I did on a daily basis. Every device has it's "quirks" I guess.